Well this is going to get interesting

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
Woodley gets what she deserves for making people watch that insufferable piece of $hit movie series. I don't even care that she was at the protest.

luvcatchingbass

Founding Member
Founding Member
Woodley stated in her Facebook video that police told her she was arrested "because I'm well-known (and) because I have 40,000 people watching." Other protesters were allowed to leave.
"We were going to our vehicle which they had all surrounded and (were) waiting for me with giant guns and a giant truck behind them just so they could arrest me," she says, claiming she was complying with orders to leave the protest when she was greeted by police. "I hope you're watching, mainstream media."
Twenty six other people were also arrested

Wow she should take great pride that law enforcement felt the need for giant guns and giant truck all just for her:::

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
I love she doesn't get that just because your about to stop breaking the law doesn't change the fact that you did in fact break the law and that doesn't just magically go away when you return to your car!

Tell you one thing I hope they have a shit ton of cops ready and busses waiting for when they start work on the stuff east of 1806. I still find it funny all the times I was ever on the chunk of ground popping P dogs I never once saw a native out there on this oh so important sacred ground! The only two natives I've ever seen out there were a couple drunks walking home from Fort rice!

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just another example of the government bureaucracy getting in the way of progress.

I take it Contemporary History wasn't your strong suit? Jimmy Carter betrayed the citizens and State of North Dakota by caving into Canada on that project.

Of course, nobody has ever really demonstrated that there's the 1.1 million acres of irrigable lands within easy reach of the McClusky canal or James River, so that little technicality aside. There was also the prospect of delivering water to the Red River Valley during a drought, which the State still fights for (hence, the canal stays in place). Well, the canal stays in place also because of the enormous price tag of filling it back in at this point. Yep, Jimmy sold ND and its residents down the road to appease Canada.

- - - Updated - - -

The canal was not stopped because of hills it was stopped for the same reason NAWS was and a very sound reason and that is they don't want to mix water from two different watersheds. Imagine if the canal was built in reverse and brought red river water to the Mo. Bad news in that case with zebra mussels now running wild in the red. The separation of river drainages are the best protection we have against all the various ANS at this point so I certainly don't fault them or MB at this point since it sure seems like they had a valid point. The canal didn't get used for irrigation till about three years ago and I believe they want to expand on it.

Err, if that were really true...I'd think the Canadian government would want to shut down the Milk River diversion. You know, the water project that takes Missouri River Basin water and diverts it to Canada. Don't hear a lot of call for that though, do we?

I get it, there needs to be precautions when transferring water from one basin to another. But the Canadians actually listed PADDLEFISH as one of the species that is present in the Missouri River Basin that is not in Canada that would possibly be transferred. Today's renditions of M.R. transfers to either the Souris or Red River basins continues to be for Municipal, Rural, and Industrial only (not mass transfers for flood irrigation systems). And still the Canadians oppose this even when the U.S. has offered to treat the water to drinking water standards before crossing the divide. Instead they want it treated to an unacceptably high standard that far exceeds what you get out of your kitchen faucet. As does Minnetucky and Misery. Personally, I don't worry at all about a paddlefish coming out of my kitchen faucet.

At some point you have to recognize the opposition for what it really is, and that is the Canadians and Minnetuckians don't want ND to have widely available water of quality at an affordable cost. It would put ND at an economic advantage in the development of water intensive agricultural processing plants as we are generally a better place to do business. Water holds back that development.

The state if Misery? Well, they just think they own the fricking river because it's named after them.

gst

Banned
Founding Member
Founding Member
I take it Contemporary History wasn't your strong suit? Jimmy Carter betrayed the citizens and State of North Dakota by caving into Canada on that project.

would that not be an example of this....

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Retired Educator

Just another example of the government bureaucracy getting in the way of progress.

You are aware of the level of environmentalism that has infected Canadian govts right?

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member

Of course, nobody has ever really demonstrated that there's the 1.1 million acres of irrigable lands within easy reach of the McClusky canal or James River, so that little technicality aside. There was also the prospect of delivering water to the Red River Valley during a drought, which the State still fights for (hence, the canal stays in place). Well, the canal stays in place also because of the enormous price tag of filling it back in at this point. Yep, Jimmy sold ND and its residents down the road to appease Canada.

- - - Updated - - -

Err, if that were really true...I'd think the Canadian government would want to shut down the Milk River diversion. You know, the water project that takes Missouri River Basin water and diverts it to Canada. Don't hear a lot of call for that though, do we?

I get it, there needs to be precautions when transferring water from one basin to another. But the Canadians actually listed PADDLEFISH as one of the species that is present in the Missouri River Basin that is not in Canada that would possibly be transferred. Today's renditions of M.R. transfers to either the Souris or Red River basins continues to be for Municipal, Rural, and Industrial only (not mass transfers for flood irrigation systems). And still the Canadians oppose this even when the U.S. has offered to treat the water to drinking water standards before crossing the divide. Instead they want it treated to an unacceptably high standard that far exceeds what you get out of your kitchen faucet. As does Minnetucky and Misery. Personally, I don't worry at all about a paddlefish coming out of my kitchen faucet.

At some point you have to recognize the opposition for what it really is, and that is the Canadians and Minnetuckians don't want ND to have widely available water of quality at an affordable cost. It would put ND at an economic advantage in the development of water intensive agricultural processing plants as we are generally a better place to do business. Water holds back that development.

The state if Misery? Well, they just think they own the fricking river because it's named after them.

That's could well be but I'm simply listed the reason that was used to shut it down. Between cost over runs making it financially unattractive and protest from Canada and environmentalists the project was shelved. It sure was nice of them to build us a billion dollars fishing hole!#$%^&>

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
Woodley stated in her Facebook video that police told her she was arrested "because I'm well-known (and) because I have 40,000 people watching." Other protesters were allowed to leave.
"We were going to our vehicle which they had all surrounded and (were) waiting for me with giant guns and a giant truck behind them just so they could arrest me," she says, claiming she was complying with orders to leave the protest when she was greeted by police. "I hope you're watching, mainstream media."
Twenty six other people were also arrested

Wow she should take great pride that law enforcement felt the need for giant guns and giant truck all just for her:::

[Insert 'giant gun' innuendo]

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
IMO Connecting two watersheds over a continental divide is NEVER a good idea.

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
Here's my latest. It was hurtful and demoralizing with the stunning prose. At least sign it Tiger.

u r a waste fo good oxygen , the only one here that still thinks you are funny and cool is u fool

Last edited:

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Here's my latest. It was hurtful and demoralizing with the stunning prose. At least sign it Tiger.

u r a waste fo good oxygen , the only one here that still thinks you are funny and cool is u fool

Haha

This guy is right, you suck...haha

deleted

Founding Member
Founding Member

I know how ya feel Svn. I got some love myself for picking on the Viking fans. You'd think the Sally would have a little thicker skin and understand that a 5-0 team shuts guys like me up a hell of a lot better than bad rep does. ;:;rofl

You

Founding Member
Founding Member

Haha. I think you're cool 7. I appreciate you and your 'disease.' Consider this though, Ima massive tool as well.....

Ericb

Founding Member
Founding Member

Holy shit cant tell if a 12yr old girl wrote that or someone on the sauce a little much.

Wheres Lunker?

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 136
  • This month: 134
  • This month: 70
  • This month: 68
  • This month: 59
  • This month: 57
  • This month: 57
  • This month: 55