Need a little prayer

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
Prayers, you got 'em. Some would say he was lucky. I don't believe a whole lot in luck. He sounds fortunate, and sincere prayers sure have a lot of meaning.

WormWiggler

Founding Member
Founding Member
I will offer up some prayer from my lost soul. Hope everything proceeds to a successful conclusion. Remember to hug, hold, be kind to those you hold dear, one never knows what the next moment will bring.

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
He is in laser eye surgery at this moment. Doctors that are not even his doctors have stopped in to see him. They all shake there head and can not understand how there has been no neurological damage. They look at the path the BBB took and shake their head. His hand eye coordination is there, he has no numbness in the face hands or feet.

His retina was split yet he had 20/20 vision, but webs and floaters. The laser surgery should take care of light flashes and webs. I would not be surprised if he is out in a day or two. Then in two weeks they need CAT scans to see if the BBB is stabilized or moving.

College students attending a ND school can hunt as a resident. While there's some paperwork, that's the short answer.
Turns out they had that kids boat, but he wasn't with them. It was a local kid that shot him. As I understand another kid with a heavy jacket on took a glancing BBB to his arm.

Last edited:

wby257

Founding Member
Founding Member
Said one for him. I'm sorry to hear this. Just wondering isn't it illegal for NR to hunt this week?

Its a very bad situation that is looking pretty good now.

Ugly Dogs you were ready to pouch on the nonresident thing. Some people

ShootnBlanks

Founding Member
Founding Member
Sorry to read about this. All the preaching about gun safety cannot stop a dumbass. Prayers sent

FishSticks

Founding Member
Founding Member
Tough story to read but I am hopeful there is a good ending. Praying for your family PG

Achucker

★★★★★ Legendary Member
He is in laser eye surgery at this moment. Doctors that are not even his doctors have stopped in to see him. They all shake there head and can not understand how there has been no neurological damage. They look at the path the BBB took and shake their head. His hand eye coordination is there, he has no numbness in the face hands or feet.

His retina was split yet he had 20/20 vision, but webs and floaters. The laser surgery should take care of light flashes and webs. I would not be surprised if he is out in a day or two. Then in two weeks they need CAT scans to see if the BBB is stabilized or moving.

This is answers to prayer!!! Praise God!!!

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
PG, hope your grandson has a speedy and full recovery and all turns out well. The young ones have a tendency to heal and recover faster then us old guys. Many years ago (40) I was duck hunting with my cousin. We were sitting in the cattails next to a slough, him 20 yards to my right and me sitting with my shotgun laying across my lap with the barrel pointed to my left, finger on the trigger and thumb on the outside of the trigger guard. After sitting there for awhile I start playing with a cattail between my thumb and trigger finger and suddenly BANG the gun went off. In the process of playing with the cattail between my fingers I had accidently pulled the trigger. Sacred the ever living shit out of me as I realized had my cousin been sitting to my left I could have shot him. Still think about this even after 40 years every time I pick up a gun. I'm not condoning what happed here in any way, but for you guys yelling the kid should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law, have you never not did anything wrong while handling a gun? The out come of this is bad, but it could have been a lot worse and if that would of happened, then by all means this incident should have been investigated to the full extent of the law and maybe charges filed. I am guessing and hoping, that the young man pulling the trigger in this case will remember what has happened and or could of happened for the rest of his life and be a better gun handler/hunter because of it.

Last edited:

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
Can't believe this hasn't made the news yet. Something like this would be a good reminder with hunting season ramping up. T's and P's.

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
PG,
Sorry to hear about your Grandson.
Prayers out to him, you, and all your family. Also prayers to the others in the party.
Please keep us updated and we will continue to pray for this young man!

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm not condoning what happed here in any way, but for you guys yelling the kid should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law, have you never not did anything wrong while handling a gun? The out come of this is bad, but it could have been a lot worse and if that would of happened, then by all means this incident should have been investigated to the full extent of the law and maybe charges filed.

I would think that the young man who made the mistake should either be in custody, or at the very least 24/7 supervised for a while so that he doesn't make a 2nd and even bigger mistake and harm himself over this.

PG, I hope and pray that your grandson makes a full recovery with no lasting ill effects.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
PG, hope your grandson has a speedy and full recovery and all turns out well. The young ones have a tendency to heal and recover faster then us old guys. Many years ago (40) I was duck hunting with my cousin. We were sitting in the cattails next to a slough, him 20 yards to my right and me sitting with my shotgun laying across my lap with the barrel pointed to my left, finger on the trigger and thumb on the outside of the trigger guard. After sitting there for awhile I start playing with a cattail between my thumb and trigger finger and suddenly BANG the gun went off. In the process of playing with the cattail between my fingers I had accidently pulled the trigger. Sacred the ever living shit out of me as I realized had my cousin been sitting to my left I could have shot him. Still think about this even after 40 years every time I pick up a gun. I'm not condoning what happed here in any way, but for you guys yelling the kid should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law, have you never not did anything wrong while handling a gun? The out come of this is bad, but it could have been a lot worse and if that would of happened, then by all means this incident should have been investigated to the full extent of the law and maybe charges filed. I am guessing and hoping, that the young man pulling the trigger in this case will remember what has happened and or could of happened for the rest of his life and be a better gun handler/hunter because of it.

This is the main reason I don't hunt with very many people. First of all, WTF was your gun doing on FIRE?? If you carry your gun on fire, you were taught wrong! Second, why was your gun pointed to the left?? Third.....Finger on the trigger??~!! This is how you sit in cattails? Gun on fire, finger on the trigger, and gun pointed in the direction of member of hunting party.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 191
  • This month: 157
  • This month: 146
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 117
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88