No Trespass Law

Trip McNeely

Founding Member
Founding Member
giphy.gif
so if i understand this correctly fritz is this grosz fella?......who sells canned elk hunts to east coast millionaires after they mortgage their house so they can afford it. Wow i guess its all coming full circle now.... i guess you have every right to do what you want on your own land.... and i have every right to think alot less of you after reading this article.....

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Thanks for posting Monson's letter. Makes perfect sense to me.

Is there anyone on here that was in the court rooms when DAPL people went to court? I'm wondering if we really know why some of these cases were dropped. Do we really know?

Edit: Also thanks for that link to North Dakota Edge. I can't remember names worth squat and didn't realize I have met Nick Simonson.

They got off on Loophole #1 , All they had to say is that They didn't know they were trespassing.

https://www.apnews.com/53f9df21c1b94a369526bd5793069ce7

Schneider said Monet didn’t knowingly break the law when she stayed on the property.

fireone

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Erble talking about DAPL with this bill was just camouflage to drum up support. I'm betting this railroad job is aimed strictly at hunters and hunting. Erbile can count votes just like anybody else and so he has to wait because the votes aren't there. Yet. But for sure the supporters are working the aisle to line up the count. Feb. 19th is when the bill has to come out of committee, be voted and go to crossover.

You'd think if this was a bright and shining piece of legislation they would have enough character to present the bill to the public and let it pass or fail on merit.

BBQBluesMan

Founding Member
Founding Member
A good write up Fritz? Lol. Like I said, I don’t care if you raise elk. Have at it. I have a problem with you marketing as “hunting” with a 100% success rate in which those rich eastern urban folk come to shoot a trophy of a lifetime. Having an 100% success rate and shooting livestock in a fenced area is not hunting. No self respecting sportsman would disagree with that. Market it as shooting livestock and I could care less. Probably a lot harder to sell a $5,000-15,000 dollar pet bull elk to an urban easterner though when you tell them the truth (that its NOT hunting). I get that there are people who are not able to hunt wild elk, and if they want to shoot one inside a fence and it makes them happy, great. But when it's marketed as hunting and they go back and tell people they had a “hunt” of a lifetime and bagged a 300+ bull, I will cringe every time and I will never support calling it hunting. Ever.

And to be clear, I was never part of the high fence hunting / fair chase measures. Heck I didn’t even vote on them because there were things on both sides I agreed and disagreed with. I do support private property rights as my family owns land and I hope to buy/inherit some of it someday, but I also don’t agree with high fence “shooting”. I was torn on the issue because I don’t feel others should dictate what a person can and cannot do on their land and I also didn’t like HSUS getting involved and therefore left that box blank on the ballot. If one wants to pen in some elk or bison for a “shoot” on their land and take all the right steps to do so and also to be diligent and prevent wild and domestic interactions, then fine, I don’t like it but to each their own. But again, don’t call it hunting!

Anyways. Fritz, you love to poke and prod. You claim to be a sportsman and also to be neutral on this bill or even a tad against it. So why don’t you step up as a sportsmen? For those that can’t think of a reason why not, it’s because he is a big ND Farm Bureau supporter that has helped write policy for them. And speaking of sitting next to people at a hearing, I thought it was cute you sat next to Daryl Lies (president of ND Farm Bureau) during part of the hearing. Funny you didn’t mention that, but not surprising. Your true colors are shining bright Fritz, do you get paid to lobby for Farm Bureau or are you just in bed with them?

Bottom line is this bill will affect hunting in North Dakota in a negative way. Criminals will continue their ways and the honest folk will be the ones to take the blow. Less people hunting is not good for the state and there will eventually be less people hunting if this passes. You can take that to the bank, and if you save up enough, you might be able to shoot an elk in a fence. :;:stirthepot

Last edited:

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
That's because of loopholes eye , close a loophole so it's easy to prosecute a few trespassers with a hefty penalty and that creates a fear factor and deters trespassers. As it stands now, With no fear of being prosecuted there is no fear of getting caught so there is no fear of illegal trespassing. DAPL bleeds volumes of that IMHO
you will never close all the loopholes.

- - - Updated - - -

I said I don't know--but can see why in this particular case it wouldn't hurt.. cut and dry ---do you look at everything negative in life man? jesus you wake up have a job, can walk be thankful.. hoyl shit balls

I have stayed away from this thread as it is very emotionally charged but holy lord if you cant reasonably see perspective from the other side you are no better than the landowners screaming for it to happen. This isn't an easy bill ive said it before but if you are gonna name call, bitch moan, call everyone that disagrees with you names you no better than an extreme left wing liberal that cant stand a difference in opinion. period. would it help like I said IDK but they would certainly have more ground to stand on then the current law.
do I think a law should be changed for 1 particular case. hard NO but you leing to everyone if you cant see common ground on "some things"

- - - Updated - - -

eyexer

- - - Updated - - -

the bismarck tribune which i dont subscribe too but seems like everytime i glance at it more DAPL cases get thrown out. thats the best i can do.
relax dude I'm just simply telling you how it is.

- - - Updated - - -

They got off on Loophole #1 , All they had to say is that They didn't know they were trespassing.

https://www.apnews.com/53f9df21c1b94a369526bd5793069ce7

Schneider said Monet didn’t knowingly break the law when she stayed on the property.
they can still continue to make that claim even if the trespass law passes. DAPL is a perfect example. 99% were out of staters. They can claim they didn't know we had a tresspass law here. And get the right judge and they get off.

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
Is the same guy who profits off high fence animal killing saying his land is to hard to post? Asking for a friend

Fritz the Cat

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ha, high fence low fence or no fence isn't the issue. Sportsmen, buffalo ranchers, pheasant farms and people who raise livestock should take note, as long as the Humane Society, the feds and their minion elitists are picking on me, that means they are leaving the rest of you alone. You're welcome.

Trip, the mortage your house thing was a running joke with the client. Some guys were on a fixed income and didn't want to accidently shoot something big. We had several one liners for fun. You know how a deer has a tarsal gland....well an elk has a poison gland. And you always should leave that with me so I can dispose of it properly. They would look suspicious. Where? And then I would point at the tenderloin. At that they would laugh loudly and holler... bullshit.

We brought in a lot of hunters. The motel made money. The diner made money. The taxidermist and the butcher made money. The gas station sold gas and the grab and dash sold sandwiches. Lots of money was spread around. Geez, that almost sounded like an echo.

- - - Updated - - -

Is the same guy who profits off high fence animal killing saying his land is to hard to post? Asking for a friend

I don't post my land. It has a high fence around it. North Dakotas hunting seasons are at the some time as the rut. Rutting bull elk are enough of a deterrent.

I probably should have signs beware of elk and not responsible for accidents.

- - - Updated - - -

BBQ said,

And speaking of sitting next to people at a hearing, I thought it was cute you sat next to Daryl Lies (president of ND Farm Bureau) during part of the hearing. Funny you didn’t mention that, but not surprising. Your true colors are shining bright Fritz, do you get paid to lobby for Farm Bureau or are you just in bed with them?

I was sitting by Daryl because Gabe Thompson wasn't there. :cool: Now you have peeked my interest who you are.

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
“ I don't post my land. It has a high fence around it. North Dakotas hunting seasons are at the some time as the rut. Rutting bull elk are enough of a deterrent.

I probably should have signs beware of elk and not responsible for accidents. “

So your offer of hunting for anyone who can legally post your land was BS

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Let's REFOCUS here shall we. The issue is an unneeded, unwanted pile of garbage known as SB2315. Not DAPL, high fences, or other issues. The proponents of this POS bill are now trying to muddy the waters and divide the opposition with other issues. DON'T LET IT HAPPEN!!! KILL SB2315...........then move on to another issue. Contact your reps and senators to reaffirm you opposition to SB2315.

fireone

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Let's REFOCUS here shall we. The issue is an unneeded, unwanted pile of garbage known as SB2315. Not DAPL, high fences, or other issues. The proponents of this POS bill are now trying to muddy the waters and divide the opposition with other issues. DON'T LET IT HAPPEN!!! KILL SB2315...........then move on to another issue. Contact your reps and senators to reaffirm you opposition to SB2315.

X2. Erble and the proponents seem to hide the bill until the last possible moment. If it was so well thought out why was it amended and amended again? If they think this data base is such a damn good idea then make it an initiated measure and everybody can vote on it.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I am still on the fence, it might be a good thing after some easterners change some language....
haha, this shitty idea needs to get flushed

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
I REFOCUSED last night when opponents brought up Fritz the cats Elk and started in on him over that. I actually think he took it better than I did. Any city slicker or hobby farmer that thinks telling a farmer or rancher how to farm his land or what he should grow has screws loose if they think that is a recipe for a healthy relationship . I've went through the same thing and believe me if you want to hit a nerve just try to tell me how to farm . I'm stubborn like that . Ohh and nice victim card, Iv'e saw that played quite often by the opponents of this bill I think you need to go back and refocus on who brought up these other issues. I'm all in , Supporting SB 2315 If for no other good reason just because the city slickers and hobby farmers think they own the damn state.

- - - Updated - - -

If it's that damn hard to ask permission then just stay home , My boy that loves to hunt has went without a tag for quite a few years . I truly feel sorry for the earnest Sportsmen that have to put up with this shit show that divides hunter and landowner relationships.

- - - Updated - - -

You want two tags served to you on a silver platter .... when the farm boy gets none . SMH

- - - Updated - - -

greedy bastards

- - - Updated - - -

Also FWIW I don't care if it's DAPL , My farm or your apple tree in town Trespassing is trespassing .

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I REFOCUSED last night when opponents brought up Fritz the cats Elk and started in on him over that. I actually think he took it better than I did. Any city slicker or hobby farmer that thinks telling a farmer or rancher how to farm his land or what he should grow has screws loose if they think that is a recipe for a healthy relationship . I've went through the same thing and believe me if you want to hit a nerve just try to tell me how to farm . I'm stubborn like that . Ohh and nice victim card, Iv'e saw that played quite often by the opponents of this bill I think you need to go back and refocus on who brought up these other issues. I'm all in , Supporting SB 2315 If for no other good reason just because the city slickers and hobby farmers think they own the damn state.

- - - Updated - - -

If it's that damn hard to ask permission then just stay home , My boy that loves to hunt has went without a tag for quite a few years . I truly feel sorry for the earnest Sportsmen that have to put up with this shit show that divides hunter and landowner relationships.

- - - Updated - - -

You want two tags served to you on a silver platter .... when the farm boy gets none . SMH

- - - Updated - - -

greedy bastards

- - - Updated - - -

Also FWIW I don't care if it's DAPL , My farm or your apple tree in town Trespassing is trespassing .
the fact that this bill has even been brought up tells you what kind of relationship the ag community wants to have with sportsmen.

BBQBluesMan

Founding Member
Founding Member

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

greedy bastards

- - - Updated - - -

If you were referring to my post, nowhere did I tell Fritz what he should do with his land or how to farm or ranch (in fact quite the OPPOSITE). I dont think anyone else did either Davey, so drop the bullshit.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member

I was responding to KDMs post BBQ

- - - Updated - - -

I comprehended and agreed with your post up to the point where you told him how he should market his crop .

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 29
  • This month: 26
  • This month: 21
  • This month: 15
  • This month: 12
  • This month: 12
  • This month: 11