New State record

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
you for got the #notmystaterecordwalleye

wonder who was video taping did they have permission

to video someone in public on public property?

- - - Updated - - -

I honestly don't feel any envy - I'm past that stage in life - at one time I'd have been envious I suppose

if it was an illegitimate catch - my beef would be the previous state record holder getting bumped illegitimately

NDSportsman

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm guessing the "glory" from something like this fades pretty quick. It's just a name in a book if you ask me. I'd rather have the fish on my wall and marvel at that pig from time to time. Same goes for the guys who don't have a deer scored. To each there own.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
what hasn't been discussed here is the financial temptation that stems from the lucrative endorsement deals from Custom Jigs, Scheels, etc. :;:smokin

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
to video someone in public on public property?

- - - Updated - - -

I honestly don't feel any envy - I'm past that stage in life - at one time I'd have been envious I suppose

if it was an illegitimate catch - my beef would be the previous state record holder getting bumped illegitimately

Then blasted all over social media there have been people sued for alot less notice on alot of videos peoples faces are blurred out. also it was said 98.7% tongue and cheek to add a little more fuel to the fire

Rut2much

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yea I could give 2 rats ass honestly and as I said a few posts ago I'm rooting for him and congratulated him. Was just stating what I seen in the video, nothing more nothing less. Whatever happens happens and the chips will fall where they may..

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I find the fact that people "choose sides" - and don't just stick to the basics of the debate - pretty damn fascinating

especially the ones who root for the guy to "win" - mostly just because he potentially achieved something cool

07-eastbound-down-ep2.w700.h700.jpg

I honestly don't have a side - I just want it to be legit

- - - Updated - - -

I call them "Stevies"

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
How do you guys live with yourself when looking at the deer mounted on the wall that was gut shot instead of the heart shot you were trying for. Yes I do know gut shooting a deer is not illegal

This guy was not intentionally trying to snag fish he was using a jig & bait not a paddle fish set up.

Last edited:

Wags2.0

★★★★★ Legendary Member
johnr must have loaned out his camera/cell for the video. Amazingly clear

7mmMag

Founding Member
Founding Member
The guy will obviously get it mounted and he will walk by it every day and look at it. Either he will think "Damn thats a big ass walleye that I caught", or "Damn thats a big ass walleye. I wish I would have caught it legally and not snagged it". Whether he caught it legally or snagged it doesn't affect my life at all so I'll just look at the pictures and think "Damn thats a big ass walleye".

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
How do you guys live with yourself when looking at the deer mounted on the wall that was gut shot instead of the heart shot you were trying for. Yes I do know gut shooting a deer is not legal

This guy was not intentionally trying to snag fish he was using a jig & bait not a paddle fish set up.

but "taking" a snagged fish by any means is illegal - for good reason - how does that get a pass exactly? :;:huh

- - - Updated - - -

johnr must have loaned out his camera/cell for the video. Amazingly clear

yep - greasy lens - another mystery solved by the meddling kids at NDA

NDSportsman

Founding Member
Founding Member
It's quite the conundrum these things we call morals. Snagging fish is illegal yet we have a paddle fish snagging season. Baiting deer is banned in Minnesota yet they bait bears. What's a guy to do....::thinking::

MuleyMadness

★★★★★ Legendary Member
We looked it up in the NDG&F proclamation that any fish that is foul hooked must be released in any condition. I wonder how many companies are going to try and buy his fish? And wonder how much he would get for it? I would think that Scheels or Cabelas would.

Brian Renville

Founding Member
Founding Member
So there’s so many fish piled up in there that you accidentally snag more that you legitimately catch? What are the odds that after all this attention and guys ratting each other out that this place gets shut down?

Brian Renville

Founding Member
Founding Member
5cbf5da957f68.image.jpg

The North Dakota Game and Fish Department is looking into whether the 16-pound, 9-ounce walleye Tom Volk caught Sunday broke the state record.
NORTH DAKOTA GAME AND FISH

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 19
  • This month: 13
  • This month: 13
  • This month: 8
  • This month: 8
  • This month: 7
  • This month: 7