Founding Member
Founding Member
tumblr_m3vah9biYg1rraskwo1_500gif-1.jpg

GaryColemanasArnoldJacksondiffrentstroke-1.jpg

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
my front tooth is chipped due to a highly contested game of marbles

I scored a big steely from a pile of caterpillar parts when I was in the 3rd grade , So heavy you couldn't budge it with a boulder it just chipped them. Brought it to school and every body was trying to win it off me, I ended up playing pots with a big fat 5th grader and cleaned him out. Last thing I remember is walking up to the coat rack in the school after recess and my plum full the marble bag got jerked out of my hand and then whammo. my head hurt, my ears rang , I saw stars and remember hearing marbles bouncing on the floor. Next thing I knew I was laying down on a cot in a back room. The fat kid had robbed me and round housed me with on top of the head with the marble bag. True story.

Fracman

Founding Member
Founding Member
I scored a big steely from a pile of caterpillar parts when I was in the 3rd grade , So heavy you couldn't budge it with a boulder it just chipped them. Brought it to school and every body was trying to win it off me, I ended up playing pots with a big fat 5th grader and cleaned him out. Last thing I remember is walking up to the coat rack in the school after recess and my plum full the marble bag got jerked out of my hand and then whammo. my head hurt, my ears rang , I saw stars and remember hearing marbles bouncing on the floor. Next thing I knew I was laying down on a cot in a back room. The fat kid had robbed me and round housed me with on top of the head with the marble bag. True story.
where is he at now let's go get your marbles back

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
He quit school , Last I ever saw or heard of him must have been about 1978 or so , I went to the prison rodeo in Bismarck and there he was in the wild horse race .

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Super mario and duck hunter were the only video games our boys had. I recently ran across them all tucked away neatly in a box and was thinking about bring them out and plugging them in when everybody come home for Christmas. I have an antique train set with a small oval track that I set it up for display and to play with it every Christmas. The grandkids don't think it as neat as I do.

Pinecone

Founding Member
Founding Member
remember when the smart girl on saved by the bell
went to the stripper movie? how epic was that

Up Y'oars

Founding Member
Founding Member
Playing Ante-I-Over with neighbor kids and the detached garage. GI Joe, indian and cowboy figurines that came 100 to a bag for $1.99.
Carom boards. Riding bike without using hands to steer, or placing baseball cards against the spokes with a clothespin.

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
I liked Rush okay, and I admit, that video is the first video I've ever seen of them, but to NOT include them in the purposely effeminate men, is a bit of a stretch.

Atari 2600 is the last video game system I owned. Remember when new cartridges were like $50? Pitfall was my favorite...

My marble bag was a BV bag I think. Moved from Minot to Bismarck when I was in 5th grade, and the kids here played a different kind of marbles, and I got cleaned out for the first half of my first year, before I came back with a vengeance. Still got a ton of marbles somewhere in my parents' basement (I think they're still there).

I'd completely forgotten about New York Flavored Seltzer Water. Good stuff.

Remember trying to record music off of the radio, and that darn Kasey Kasem would start talking before the end of the song, and it would be ruined? Or recording a friend's tapes, onto blank tapes, using two ghetto blasters (and trying to keep quiet while doing so).

For that matter, remember buying blank tapes, and how much they could cost? CrOm2 TDH tapes were like $12 for a two pack, at Target.

- - - Updated - - -

I also remember my first CD. Soundtrack from Top Gun. Kenny Loggins Danger Zone was awesome cranked up!!

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
I live in the country now where i grew up in the 80s. Back then a no hunting sign was rare. Now everyone has no trespassing signs up from newman signs. A guy has to ask permission to pick wild asparagus these days...

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
Rush had a bitchn' mustache and didn't play dancing music. How dare you?:mad: THUMBS DOWN there. you JK guy.

th

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
The only way RUSH would suck more is if they were Canadians

wildeyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I remember the first part of the 70's not so much the later 70's ;:;boozer:;:smokin Partys at the desert, bsc bowl, under the hiway bridge, girl scout camp, 16 gal. kags everywhere. 1$ cup . playing black flag, making teams with friends to play baseball, football.

pointer

Founding Member
Founding Member
wildeyes, you forgot the bridge out by Apple Creek country club,the sandbar by the zoo, and the jeep trails at the BSC bowl were fun

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
South Fargo we would head to the wild rice damn, right north of the Bar out there. If the cops did show up, they pretty much just sent us home. 16 gal kegs, cheap cups, bonfires, etc.
Fun fun

Last edited:

NodakBuckeye

Founding Member
Founding Member
We still were able to play cowboys and Indians, cowboys always won. Had pocket knives at school, cap guns had no orange on them. We didn't have to deal with the Smurfs n Carebears on Saturday mornings. I was just looking, a couple days ago, at my Lionel HO set that I got for Christmas in '77.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 207
  • This month: 181
  • This month: 163
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 136
  • This month: 107
  • This month: 96
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 90