Fresh water for the camper

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
we park the camper seasonally and I have never had a problem using the provided water for showering, flushing, etc. We have a couple of 5 gallon water tanks for cooking and drinking. But now mrs johnr is not wanting to use the non potable water to shower, doesn't bother me or the kids, but she claims dry skin and not feeling as clean.

What do you guys use to transport say 20 to 40 gallons of fresh water to the camper.

We had a neighbor at the camp ground that brought up a big 150 gallon tank and would top everyone off, this year he is not camping, and I am sure not looking for a huge tank to have to store. Any thing out there that would hold 20 gallons or more, and maybe collapse into something more easy to store?

deleted

Founding Member
Founding Member
we park the camper seasonally and I have never had a problem using the provided water for showering, flushing, etc. We have a couple of 5 gallon water tanks for cooking and drinking. But now mrs johnr is not wanting to use the non potable water to shower, doesn't bother me or the kids, but she claims dry skin and not feeling as clean.

What do you guys use to transport say 20 to 40 gallons of fresh water to the camper.

We had a neighbor at the camp ground that brought up a big 150 gallon tank and would top everyone off, this year he is not camping, and I am sure not looking for a huge tank to have to store. Any thing out there that would hold 20 gallons or more, and maybe collapse into something more easy to store?

Some years I start camping before the water is on. I picked up a 55 gallon food grade barrel I haul with for showering, flushing, ect.

Haul separate water container for the coffee though.

Bacon

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've never had a problem just filling up the tank in the camper and using that. Just can't take showers like you are at home. Lasts the whole weekend as long as you crack the whip on water usage. Besides, who needs a shower, your camping.

Fisherman25

Founding Member
Founding Member
John, just a quick Amazon search I come up with lots of options. They make a plastic 55 gallon drum that is used for rainwater but had several taps for hoses and fittings. They also make horizontal tanks that hold 35-55 gallons that look similar to a lawn spray tank. I think that one would be my pick.

Just go go to amazon and search water storage tank and they'll pop up. Looks like around 100 bucks.

- - - Updated - - -

ICS makes one with a transfer pump built into it. Holds 35 gallons.

deleted

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've never had a problem just filling up the tank in the camper and using that. Just can't take showers like you are at home. Lasts the whole weekend as long as you crack the whip on water usage. Besides, who needs a shower, your camping.

My camper sits in the same spot year round so filling the tank is what I do, just transfer from the 55 drum to camper. I know the water heater is 10 gal. so the camper must have a 45 plus tank as it'll hold all of the 55.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
John, just a quick Amazon search I come up with lots of options. They make a plastic 55 gallon drum that is used for rainwater but had several taps for hoses and fittings. They also make horizontal tanks that hold 35-55 gallons that look similar to a lawn spray tank. I think that one would be my pick.

Just go go to amazon and search water storage tank and they'll pop up. Looks like around 100 bucks.

- - - Updated - - -

ICS makes one with a transfer pump built into it. Holds 35 gallons.

Thanks guys. this is helpful

Was thinking that maybe they had some sort of bladder type tank that is like a giant water balloon that could be stored easy in my limited storage space.
I guess a 55 food grade drum or smaller would not take up much space.
We are about busting at the seems with all our extra curricular activities, looks like Sanford and sons around our house, with crap everywhere

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
You might try providing a mud pit for her to wallow in before shower time. I did this with my woman and she began to once again appreciate the cleanliness at her availability and it improved her skin tone.

Mr.Mike

Founding Member
Founding Member
Nivea In Shower Body Lotion. They sell it at Walmart. If that don't work, she is just trying to get out of camping with you and the kids ; )

huntorride365

Founding Member
Founding Member
You might try providing a mud pit for her to wallow in before shower time. I did this with my woman and she began to once again appreciate the cleanliness at her availability and it improved her skin tone.

I like this idea. Sometimes you don't know how good you've got it until...

Those skinny 6 gallon tanks don't take up much room, and you can use them for other things. I have multiple that I take extra water with. My camper holds 100 gallons, but still after a few days with the wife and kids showering it is gone. Have no problem making it last for a week of elk hunting though.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Time for some acerage and a shop. ;)

That's what I tell the mrs

- - - Updated - - -

I knew you would have the proper answer.

I see TSC has some 35 gallon tanks for $80 or 85 gallon tanks for $179, might have to buzz over there after lunch

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
a buddy got me a 55 gallon plastic drum for 10 bucks someplace this spring. i think it was macs. added a spigot.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Of all the things that have been invented over the years why haven't any chemists came up with a "solution'' ? Add a gallon to every 50 gallons of water .

deleted

Founding Member
Founding Member
Car washes sometimes will part with the soap barrels pretty cheap sometimes too. We've bought some 35's from Don's car wash to use for shop garbage barrels. I think they'd rinse up fine for showering and flushing??

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 169
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 122
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 107
  • This month: 89
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 77