Cow Elk Tag - E1E

Walleye_Chaser

Founding Member
Founding Member
Hello, I'll be up around Walhalla this weekend helping a good friend try and fill his cow elk tag. Anyone know of any landowners that want to get rid of one? Or any spots around the area that are a good start. Just trying to cover all the bases. We'll be knocking on doors as well. Thanks guys! ...rockon...

Walleye_Chaser

Founding Member
Founding Member
Killing them for 2 months? With rifles? Fill me in on that. And also, keep your bullshit comments to yourself

jdinny

Founding Member
Founding Member
i bet he complains about his kids be bullied in school but cant seem to look in the mirror himself,
cant say i can remember a positive comment from that guy .

v193

Founding Member
Founding Member
Opened aug 15 for cows …
Why is this nowhere in the regulations? And what is the reasoning for opening it before Bow Season? I will throw the Bullshit flag but gladly pick it up if you can prove me wrong.

huntnfish

Founding Member
Founding Member
It opened on certain land where crop depredation was displayed in prior years and the acres had to be pre-approved by the GNF from what I understand

8andcounting

Founding Member
Founding Member
It opened on certain land where crop depredation was displayed in prior years and the acres had to be pre-approved by the GNF from what I understand
Milton area up to walhalla. Pretty much every landowner got approved for it to allow access . I know it’s not in the regs I looked too but I know a landowner up there and he’s the most honest guy I know and he was telling me about it so ….

Paddledogger

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Has the cold weather pushed more elk down from Canada? My wife's great uncle has a cow tag yet to fill up in E1E. They were only up there one time in late October, November was too busy, so they are heading back up in a week or so for several days. If any intel or good contacts up that way, PM me please. Thanks!!!

8andcounting

Founding Member
Founding Member
Has the cold weather pushed more elk down from Canada? My wife's great uncle has a cow tag yet to fill up in E1E. They were only up there one time in late October, November was too busy, so they are heading back up in a week or so for several days. If any intel or good contacts up that way, PM me please. Thanks!!!
I don’t think # of elk is the problem from what I’m hearing it’s the fact that they are only coming out at night

jdinny

Founding Member
Founding Member
I was raised in that area and can tell you, you don’t need “ cold weather to migrate elk in”
Never heard of that actually. That herd is so large up there. They stretch from Canada all the way down south of Milton and east as far a cavalier .
Multiple landowners whom I won’t name in public forums will winter 200+ head

hunter

The elk don’t migirate to and from canada all local. This time of year find where

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
thousands
for me (as i am right next to the border) they do spend their winter in the US as that is where the food is. db

hunter

thousands
for me (as i am right next to the border) they do spend their winter in the US as that is where the food is. db
but yet the game and fish say there is only around 200 locally when they fly their “triangle” count walhalla to milton to cavalier. 😂 😂

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Well, they have told me there may be a few more than 200 however their last count was a number of years ago (as stated by g&f).
But i have given up with my conversation with them and will concede to them. Time will tell. I assume they should know the truth.

Last conversation with them about elk on the refuge near Towner there are 7 bull elk on that land according to them. I have cameras next to that land and had 6 bulls in one picture. Told me one must have die. db

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 114
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 102
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 75
  • This month: 74