WD-40

LukeLuke

Founding Member
Founding Member
Seem some guys spraying their bait with wd40 last weekend, and catching fish.

WTH !?!

Is this a real thing?

jr2280

Founding Member
Founding Member
I know people that do this often. They say it works.

Fracman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Is it legal don't want the internet police to shut this thread down

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
I seen a old lady constantly spraying Mary Kay suntan lotion on herself. The old man didn't want any it might get on his hands, but she was the one catching fish. Pretty soon I seen her spray it on he crawler. It was working, but the old man wouldn't touch it, lol.

Heard about WD-40 in the 80's.

wildeyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
This weekend was up at the lake and pulling lindys, caught fish here and there not hot and heavy but constant. Put sun screen on washed hands got most off baited up hook and caught 5 fish as fast as I could bait and put back on the bottom buddy didn't catch one. Told him to put the sun screen on. can't write what he said.

Yoby

Founding Member
Founding Member
I noticed cat fishing that I would always catch more fish than the other person in the boat. It was probably the 10th trip before I thought of a reason why. I had an old motor that required me to tinker with it. Would constantly get the mixed gas on my hands. Told my dad my theory and he said what they hell. poured some one his hands, wash them off and he started out fishing me.

Wierd crap, but it worked.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Oh yeah can't go wrong with a little panther piss on some gummy worms. Also it's been said keystone beer soaked raps works well for those fish during happy hour!:;:rockit

Rv antifreeze the pink stuff in the ice fishing hole works awesome for keeping ice from forming

Last edited:

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Saw a guy using it down at the river and the whole surface of the eddy he was fishing looked like an oil slick. He was spraying his lure over the water. Made the place look like S&^T. Even if it works, I'll find another way to catch a fish.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Saw a guy using it down at the river and the whole surface of the eddy he was fishing looked like an oil slick. He was spraying his lure over the water. Made the place look like S&^T. Even if it works, I'll find another way to catch a fish.

;:;banghead

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Last time i was at the river i saw a group of people throwing beer bottles in the river. Using WD40 is also dumb. #slackjaws

BBQBluesMan

Founding Member
Founding Member
I like to dip my lures in mercury when I go fishing. My kidneys always hurt afterwards though. Not sure what the deal is.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
20052801ballistol-1.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

079567300045lg-1.jpg

Or

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
i realize its not the best thing for the environment. but, a couple of squirts from a can pale in comparison to what the typical outboard motor spits into the water every second its running. additionally, they actually make scents and injections that are completely legal and they probably aren't a whole lot worse for the environment. definitely not a whole lot worse than some of the shit i've seen used for catfish bait. so, if you think it catches you a few extra fish, squirt away as far as i am concerned.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
i realize its not the best thing for the environment. but, a couple of squirts from a can pale in comparison to what the typical outboard motor spits into the water every second its running. additionally, they actually make scents and injections that are completely legal and they probably aren't a whole lot worse for the environment. definitely not a whole lot worse than some of the shit i've seen used for catfish bait. so, if you think it catches you a few extra fish, squirt away as far as i am concerned.

Some people like to over dramatize someone else's techniques. If it works for you so be it, just like some need to drink every time their in the boat.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Tough to compcomcompete with Williston dumping the raw sewage into the lake. Even makes the fish yellower

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 134
  • This month: 118
  • This month: 109
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 83
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 75