Larry Ellison?

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ffs. You think they set arson to these homes? It was a town leveled by wildfires like so many others. Insurance will pay out along with the feds... me and u... Oprah won't own that city any time soon. Unless they all choose to take their insurance $ and run. Won't happen. Mark my words.

camper

Founding Member
Founding Member
Its amazing how some people (way too many on this site) can turn every single thing into some crackpot conspiracy about people taking over the world.
I bet is was set by a fishing guide who voted for trump the first time and Biden the second time. I’m trying to combine 4 threads into one.

Twitch

Founding Member
Founding Member
An incredibly sad natural disaster that took the lives of Americans because of a number of reasons. The alarm systems set up to alert the residents didn’t work, the island was covered in a million plus acres of non native grasses that created a tinderbox, the water systems weren’t working to help aid in fighting the fires amongst other mismanagement issues and all we get is BS about climate change and world domination. We’re screwed

Fly Carpin

Founding Member
Founding Member
he looks pretty young for 78. anyone else surmise these ultra rich guys probably have way to slow down father time and live forever on their little islands? assuming not. which brings up the other question: what the fuck do you do w/ 100,000,000,000+ dollars when you die?
Chronic stress causes premature aging. Being mega rich has to be a pretty decent stress reducer

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Its amazing how some people (way too many on this site) can turn every single thing into some crackpot conspiracy about people taking over the world.
Calm down, JHC....it's conversation all over the news....frankly i dont give a shit,this disaster doesn't effect my world,good grief bud.

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Were the concerns and statements about the origin of covid, the vaccine health risks and side effects, as well as the uselessness of lock-downs also crackpot conspiracies now that they've been shown to be correct? Seems to me that as time goes by, the truth comes out and more often than not the ones who engage their brains instead of just accepting the verbal diarrhea and lies being spewed on the boob tube tend to be correct. Carry On!!

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
Were the concerns and statements about the origin of covid, the vaccine health risks and side effects, as well as the uselessness of lock-downs also crackpot conspiracies now that they've been shown to be correct? Seems to me that as time goes by, the truth comes out and more often than not the ones who engage their brains instead of just accepting the verbal diarrhea and lies being spewed on the boob tube tend to be correct. Carry On!!
Not going to get into a covid discussion because that has been hashed out here for 3+ years. But at no point in my life has there been more wild conspiracy theories and seemingly smart normal people going completely down the rabbit hole and off the deep end then there was with covid theorys.

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
KDM...spot on...lol

Suspect more and more conspiracy theories will emerge as this tragedy moves forward, fyi these theories didn't start here on nda...just conversation,no reason for someone getting butt hurt.

I wonder if Trump will be blamed...lol,whoa...a new conspiracy ?? Lol

Last edited:

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Not going to get into a covid discussion because that has been hashed out here for 3+ years. But at no point in my life has there been more wild conspiracy theories and seemingly smart normal people going completely down the rabbit hole and off the deep end then there was with covid theorys.
My point is that your statement attempted to relegate all discussion about this tragedy to being "crackpot" with facts, statements, eyewitness testimonies, videos, and other information still currently being brought forth. The california wildfires that burned whole regions of land were thought to be caused by lightning UNTIL they found evidence of arson. Then the whole narrative changed. Personally, all possibilities are on the table until more information comes to light, but that's just me.

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
My point is that your statement attempted to relegate all discussion about this tragedy to being "crackpot" with facts, statements, eyewitness testimonies, videos, and other information still currently being brought forth. The california wildfires that burned whole regions of land were thought to be caused by lightning UNTIL they found evidence of arson. Then the whole narrative changed. Personally, all possibilities are on the table until more information comes to light, but that's just me.
K let me know when Larry Ellison is found guilty.

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
Gov. Josh Green vowed Monday not to let out-of-state buyers exploit land in devastated Lahaina for development at the expense of the local community.

The comments addressed local fears that speculators will swoop in to build hotels or other buildings in the historic, coastal town that was left an ashen wasteland by wildfires a week ago.

“I’ve actually reached out to our attorney general to explore options to do a moratorium on any sales of properties that have been damaged or destroyed,” Green said at a press conference in response to a question about the concerns.

“We’ll also invest state resources to preserve and protect this land for our people, not for any development — for our people locally,” he said.

Green, who has made housing a priority for his administration, said the disaster would impact how we view “all of the development in our state.”

He acknowledged potential legal challenges. Green recently took the bold step of issuing an emergency housing proclamation that suspends several state and county laws in a bid to expedite the development process so more units could be built.

“Much of what we do is challenged by other laws, federal and otherwise, that don’t let us restrict who can buy in our state,” he said. “But we can do it deliberately during a crisis, and that’s what we’re doing.”

“And so for my part I will try to allow no one from outside our state to buy any land until we get through this crisis and decide what Lahaina should be in the future.”

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
K let me know when Larry Ellison is found guilty.
Nope. Don't care about this larry guy, I care about the folks on Maui that got burned out. When they are taken care of and good to go, then I want to know how it happened and why.

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
Lanai and Maui are two separate islands, Ellison owns most of Lanai. If you've never heard of him yes you have been living completely under a rock for the past 15 years.
Apparently you are the only one that is on top of a rock

Browneye

Founding Member
Founding Member
All I was trying to say is after watching alot of videos made by survivors of the fire many of them feel that something is really off about the whole thing. But I'm sure many of you guys know way more about the situation than people that actually lived through it. Right now there is a complete media blackout for 12 miles from the area. I'm sure thats totally normal.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 132
  • This month: 118
  • This month: 70
  • This month: 64
  • This month: 59
  • This month: 56
  • This month: 54
  • This month: 51
  • This month: 49