U.A.W strike?

Fester

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Bet honda and toyota are ramping up production.
I bet the person that was going to buy that f150 or silverAdo will just jump right over to a yota...I can see them pickups flying off the lot.

Fester

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Because its strong arming bullshit, that employer is not willing, he is being held hostage, I hope they never get their pay or go back to work.

We can all ride bicycle like we should be anyway.
I am not all familiar with the strike and union stuff but if I am not mistaken can the big 3 lock them out and hire other people if they want? Not really strong arming if they can replace the workforce that is striking.
Somebody that knows the union stuff maybe can correct me if I am wrong.

riverview

Founding Member
Founding Member
I am not all familiar with the strike and union stuff but if I am not mistaken can the big 3 lock them out and hire other people if they want? Not really strong arming if they can replace the workforce that is striking.
Somebody that knows the union stuff maybe can correct me if I am wrong.
they did it at crystal sugar a few years ago

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
I wish the oil field would unionize I haven't had a weekend off in 3 years no paid time off no days off period can't go more then 2 hrs from work at anytime getting 30bucks an hr...the need to just man up and shut up
it is your choice to work there or not. if you are not happy find other employment

Fester

★★★★★ Legendary Member
they did it at crystal sugar a few years ago
Yeah I thought they could...not really strong arming a company if they can just replace you. If the big 3 don't like what they have for employees why not lock them out and get new employees?

Fester

★★★★★ Legendary Member
So from what I get..the company can replace you if they really wanted to.

cooter00

Founding Member
Founding Member
it is your choice to work there or not. if you are not happy find other employment
Never said I wasn't happy I work my ass off to hopefully be able to enjoy life someday I've retired twice once for 2 years to try being a self contractor that didn't work then I cashed out everything 401k ext...to try guiding it was fun but didn't pay enough or I was too cheap lol tried tournaments to fill the gap but my boat was too small for no boundaries so that sucked...now I'm back in the patch starting over give 5 more years I'll try something else 😂😂😆

Fester

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Just read Ford locked out 600 employees due to the strike. Public is freaking out over the employees striking but nothing much said when it's flipped and the employer tells the employee to not show up for work...a little one sided?
Interview with GM CEO was asked about her 34% raise. Her response we need to look at the whole package we are offering. Interviewer said is it not fair what they are asking for since you recieved 34%? Her response we should focus on the negotiation and the package we are offering which is under 20%.

Last edited:

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
If I was her, I wouldn't talk about my salary either.

General Motors CEO makes 362 times the median employee. General Motors CEO Mary Barra, the highest-paid chief executive among the Big Three, made nearly $29 million in 2022 :rolleyes:

Last edited:

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
Because its strong arming bullshit, that employer is not willing, he is being held hostage, I hope they never get their pay or go back to work.

We can all ride bicycle like we should be anyway.
department of labor
OT requirements
osha
work comp
compliance requirements
fica tax
garnishments

i could list 100 items of strong arming.
take away withholding and that one easy change -- would change the US as we know it huge impact if all employees had to pay taxes directly.

Dont worry:

GM says Mexico plants will operate normally amid US strike​

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Mexico ....GM plant for years suburban and taco's....

ORCUS DEMENS

Founding Member
Founding Member
Tikka, you are correct. Those that yearn for the "good old days" should realize that once upon a time when the middle class was growing, unions were much more prevalent, CEOs made 30 times the average worker pay not hundreds.
Corporations used every downturn in the economy to wheedle concessions out of workers "to save the company". When the economy rebounded the concessions were not reversed, and management got raises.
Never been in a union, don't begrudge them trying to regain what they once had.
Since the 80's, tax law has been skewed with breaks for the wealthiest and shifted the burden to the middle class. Remember the wonderful "right to work law" many right leaning states pushed, companies need no reason to let employee go. Makes trying to negotiate a raise impossible no matter how good a worker is. And some wonder why younger generations are so willing to walk away from a job. Some colleges tell the students the only way to get a raise is to job hop.

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
Tikka, you are correct. Those that yearn for the "good old days" should realize that once upon a time when the middle class was growing, unions were much more prevalent, CEOs made 30 times the average worker pay not hundreds.
Corporations used every downturn in the economy to wheedle concessions out of workers "to save the company". When the economy rebounded the concessions were not reversed, and management got raises.
Never been in a union, don't begrudge them trying to regain what they once had.
Since the 80's, tax law has been skewed with breaks for the wealthiest and shifted the burden to the middle class. Remember the wonderful "right to work law" many right leaning states pushed, companies need no reason to let employee go. Makes trying to negotiate a raise impossible no matter how good a worker is. And some wonder why younger generations are so willing to walk away from a job. Some colleges tell the students the only way to get a raise is to job hop.
Employers will do just about anything within reason to keep good employees. If an employee can quit at anytime and leave the employer hanging why shouldn't the employer be allowed the same option? Many seem to forget it's the employer that is taking the financial risk to own and run a company.

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
As this strike continues, these ppl on the line fail to realize they will keep losing wages and never recover what they are losing every day,ive read the union pays them $500/week,far cry from $2k,i suspect big 3 won't cave,out sourcing is the answer

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Texas must be on the job,good # of GM trucks come outof lone star and Quebec, this could get ugly as time goes on.

GM has/owns the shut down saturn factory ( non union at the time) in Georgia, bet they fire up that plant again.

Last edited:

1lessdog

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Texas must be on the job,good # of GM trucks come outof lone star and Quebec, this could get ugly as time goes on.

GM has/owns the shut down saturn factory ( non union at the time) in Georgia, bet they fire up that plant again.
That will take months or up to a year to retool that plant. I don't see that happening.

Fester

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Employers will do just about anything within reason to keep good employees. If an employee can quit at anytime and leave the employer hanging why shouldn't the employer be allowed the same option? Many seem to forget it's the employer that is taking the financial risk to own and run a company.
I would say this is correct for smaller employers. I really don't think the CEO of GM or the other big 3 gives a shit about joe on the assembly line
He is employee 12976...most managers are just trying to make it to retirement so as long as Joe shows up to work and doesn't burn the place down its another day down. Yes back in the day GM took the risk as you would say...now it's the American people that took the risk...not the CEO...they are just trying to collect the millions all at the cost of everybody including the American people.

I think people look at this as the union is trying to take advantage of some mom and pop shop. I would be 100% against that..this is a huge corporation that would take anything and everything from you if they had a chance. Good example is look at the Boeing Max airplanes. The families of the people that died are taking the company to court for pain and suffering of the loved ones. Boeing says the lawsuit should be dismissed since they were killed so quickly they couldn't have had pain and suffering...now I am not getting into the legal aspects of yes or no to this but my point is these large corporations do not care about you or your family. They would take anything and everything from you if it benefits the company..Basically benefit themselves. So I say to the unions I hope they get what they are looking for and actually appreciate what they are doing since like I posted earlier will help with future raises for myself and others.

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
That will take months or up to a year to retool that plant. I don't see that happening.
True,however top brass knew contract deadline was approaching months before,got word this new union prez planned on shooting for the moon,if top brass needed another plant they wouldve been in motion months ago is my guess,besides chevrolet took the saturn suv (vue) and labeled it Chevrolet "trax"no tooling needed.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 62
  • This month: 53
  • This month: 48
  • This month: 36
  • This month: 31
  • This month: 27
  • This month: 25
  • This month: 21
  • This month: 20