U.A.W strike?

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
I am still trying to understand why it bothers you guys that someone is getting a raise. Its not govt employee ---- willing employee willing employer ---- why do you care.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I didnt say 300

Speaking of 300 --- i thing the August 23 median home price in fargo is $350. Taxes and more taxes, daycare, price of everthing from food to a screw or nut seems like it doubled. Thank god for bud light and 15 rebate.

I dont have to say much more that that. What we could buy 7 years ago and now is a worlds apart here in little minne fargon nd IMO.
You said both you and your wife need 150k worded as such infers each person is making 150k.

I have been in construction for over 20 years so I have a pretty good grasp on what building costs

Traxion

Founding Member
Founding Member
I am not saying they shouldn’t get a raise. They deserve a fair living. Here’s my take- there are probably tons of workers who should be making $70 an hour or more. Double the agreement. And tons who should make less than the agreement. Blanket pay and benefits isn’t conducive to an efficient company, nor does it deliver the best product to consumers. Don’t get me wrong, the car companies surely take advantage of them on the other side in ways I don’t understand. Fundamentally, I don’t think the union situation is beneficial for the workers, the companies, or consumers.

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
You said both you and your wife need 150k worded as such infers each person is making 150k.

I have been in construction for over 20 years so I have a pretty good grasp on what building costs
I see that now -- my intent was to write 75k each a year.

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
I am still trying to understand why it bothers you guys that someone is getting a raise. Its not govt employee ---- willing employee willing employer ---- why do you care.

# 1 The US taxpayers bailed out 2 of the big 3 in after the 08 crash and that was to protect the unions
# 2 This will have a direct affect on the the cost of vehicles and as a matter of fact prices across the board on nearly everything we purchase.
#3 The auto makers are not "willing employers" they were forced years ago to deal with the unions or shut down.

Fester

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I find it funny non union members benefit from a large amount of union requests..example labor day,weekends off, and PTO to name a few, yet they will attack a union for negotiating a wage and benefits that in the end also help increase the benefits and wages of non union workers. I say all non union workers that complain about union workers should go to there company and demand they take those benefits away...oh wait they would never do that..they like there weekends off. Anyways I say let them negotiate in the end the requests they are making is less than 1% of the companies earnings from what I understand. Plus it helps me when raise season comes around 😁

Fester

★★★★★ Legendary Member

I have a pretty good grasp also...to dam much! 🤣

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
# 1 The US taxpayers bailed out 2 of the big 3 in after the 08 crash and that was to protect the unions
# 2 This will have a direct affect on the the cost of vehicles and as a matter of fact prices across the board on nearly everything we purchase.
#3 The auto makers are not "willing employers" they were forced years ago to deal with the unions or shut down.
1 - bush bailed them - yes -- but how many companies have been bailed out in some sort or fashion -- way to list here https://projects.propublica.org/bailout/list https://projects.propublica.org/bailout/list

2. Every trade and service has an effect on prices. Are union workers the only ones that got raises no -- i bet they wish they were then they could have power. They merely a middle man now days.

3. They are willing ---- they are willing to move to somewhere that doesnt have unions out of the usa and they have the history of doing that. My old chevy was built and bred by a non-union mX plant.
Parts from china a non union dude is making those.

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
by conservative estimates, additional corporate profits have accounted for over 50% the cost of inflation since 2020. not feeling to terrible for any auto companies right meow.

Fester

★★★★★ Legendary Member
by conservative estimates, additional corporate profits have accounted for over 50% the cost of inflation since 2020. not feeling to terrible for any auto companies right meow.
Companies are quick to blame the worker..what was the shipping company that just closed the door due to poor management. Didn't they try to blame the union worker but then the reality came out and was due to how poorly it was run?

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
I would guess that people are upset because they know in the long run, WE PAY IT!
You pay it no matter if it is non union or union. I dont see the non - union vehicles costing less.

Unions in the US are overwith they have no power.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
There's blame to go around from top to bottom in these "can't fail" corporations. In the end, ALL the costs are pushed to the consumer.

Let the ROBOTS build and run the corporations!

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
continuing to play devils advocate on this topic... adjusting for inflation, since 1979 to 2020, by conservative estimates, productivity went up 62%. wages went up, 17.5%. no need to feel sorry for multi billion dollar corporations or individuals. they have built their riches off of the labor of many. income inequality as well as asset inequality continue to be a real issue. just as much so as when unions first came on the scene if you ask a lot of people. some say its even more of an issue now. i've never been a part of a union and never will be. but, in most circumstances, i don't look down my nose at organized labor and think unions do in fact serve a purpose.

Zogman

Founding Member
Founding Member
3A. The government is dictating the cars that the Auto companies make ie EV. The Auto companies lose money making and NOT selling those vehicles. (puke)
F'n demrates and fjb. Complete CRIMINALS.

Last edited:

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
continuing to play devils advocate on this topic... adjusting for inflation, since 1979 to 2020, by conservative estimates, productivity went up 62%. wages went up, 17.5%. no need to feel sorry for multi billion dollar corporations or individuals. they have built their riches off of the labor of many. income inequality as well as asset inequality continue to be a real issue. just as much so as when unions first came on the scene if you ask a lot of people. some say its even more of an issue now. i've never been a part of a union and never will be. but, in most circumstances, i don't look down my nose at organized labor and think unions do in fact serve a purpose.
was the increase in productivity due to advances in equipment & automation paid for by the companies or was the increase due to the workers working harder?

While corporations & individuals have built their riches many have done so by investing their entire life savings and even their homes to achieve their goals, with great risk should come great reward.

701FishSlayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I don't own any stock in them bastards. I hope they strike and it drags out forever. Let's fuck the economy even more. Might as well make shit interesting.

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well,here we go....looks like we'll start seeing an increase of imported vehicles...these ppl on strike better have a healthy nest egg built up,things are about to get real,fast.

I suspect this strike will boost the used vehicle market up big time,strong resale values,hopefully this will help keep auto mechanics afloat repairing used vehicles nationwide.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 119
  • This month: 98
  • This month: 85
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 62
  • This month: 57
  • This month: 55
  • This month: 46