U.A.W strike?

Fester

★★★★★ Legendary Member
What % of the those " regular wage guys " do you think could do the CEO's job?

I thought the Union claimed the companies were not sharing their record profits.

Feb 2, 2023 https://www.freep.com/story/money/c...urly-workers-2022-profit-sharing/69865970007/

Ford announced Thursday in its earnings report that its UAW employees will receive profit-sharing checks averaging $9,176 this year. Checks will be distributed March 9. That's up from $7,377 for hourly workers in 2021, when supply chain disruption and pandemic-related issues continued to shut down plants. Yet the logistics drama has also led to higher prices and bigger profits, which leads to higher profit-sharing checks for hourly workers and big bonuses for salaried workers. Ford UAW employees received average payouts of just $3,625 in 2020.

General Motors announced Tuesday that its 42,300 UAW-represented workers will receive record profit-sharing checks averaging $12,750. It's the most GM has ever awarded, based on a 2019 UAW contract that lifted a $12,000 cap. The company said it is sending the checks Feb. 24.

Chrysler-parent Stellantis is scheduled to release its profit-sharing data Feb. 22. It awarded checks averaging $14,670 in 2022 and $8,010 in 2021.
Just a quick response..I would guess around 25-35% could do the job of a CEO.

Fester

★★★★★ Legendary Member
And I really don't have an issue with the top making top pay. They are getting it without forcing negotiations, they don't strike, they likely are not legally black mailing this wage.

I do have a problem with workers forcing their employers hand. If I don't like my job or pay I get a new one elsewhere. Plenty of people would do the work these auto workers do for less pay, don't bite the hand that feeds you.
They could start their own motor company, turns out its super easy, no leadership needed, just factory workers, and lots of vacation.
Pretty sure this was already addressed. Not really forcing a hand or blackmail when the company could just flat out replace the worker..so um yeah

I get some people may be upset because they are getting a larger raise then themselves..I don't see it that way like I have said it's good for me..give me bargaining options for my raise..what's that saying let the haters hate? Ha

Last edited:

Fly Carpin

Founding Member
Founding Member
Doggone lazy workers driving up the prices on everything.
Wage Gap.jpg

Fester

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Doggone lazy workers driving up the prices on everything.
Wage Gap.jpg
So according to a few..this is fine. Regular employee should have zero pay increase..shit 18% is way to high since the late 70's....just so they can lease a cheaper vehicle..sounds about right.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
So according to a few..this is fine. Regular employee should have zero pay increase..shit 18% is way to high since the late 70's....just so they can lease a cheaper vehicle..sounds about right.
Then everyone should just be the CEO.

Guys flipping burgers are justified in getting $15 an hour

I am with you buddy, everyone should get 40% raises this year, why stop at that, double everyone up. Hell triple it. We can just print more money, its all good.

I think pay increases are earned, not by walking out on your job, and forcing the hand, but actually earned.

Fester

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Then everyone should just be the CEO.

Guys flipping burgers are justified in getting $15 an hour

I am with you buddy, everyone should get 40% raises this year, why stop at that, double everyone up. Hell triple it. We can just print more money, its all good.

I think pay increases are earned, not by walking out on your job, and forcing the hand, but actually earned.
Ahh yeah again this is a large corporation sometime it just doesn't work that way. I think this was also addressed earlier with employee 193uu3bj83jb...I get it you don't agree. You want your cheap lease.

Fester

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I think your guess is grossly exaggerated.
You asked what I thought..with my current workforce that is my estimate..agree or don't agree it's my guess/opinion.
To add when people are put into positions or given the opportunity to grow a large number do just that. The fill the shoes that are needed of them..now not everyone but a good chunk do.

Fester

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Have you ever started a business and ran one. It gives some one a different perspective being on the other side.
Yes I actually have.
Again as stated prior if this was a mom and pop shop it's totally different. My comments are strictly for large corporations.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ahh yeah again this is a large corporation sometime it just doesn't work that way. I think this was also addressed earlier with employee 193uu3bj83jb...I get it you don't agree. You want your cheap lease.
I haven't owed on a vehicle in probably over a decade. I could give 2 shits about cheap cars or leases or what have you. I have children and grand children that at some point are going to be the ones taking this shit, that's what I care about. Owning a new car does nothing for me, I am satisfied driving my work pickup everywhere I go, mrs johnr is in darn near a 10 year old vehicle.

Try being 18 and buying into the world we are running right now. If we pay monkeys 40% raises, then the CEO will be getting that much more, the entire goal of earning more will be gone, as prices and every other job will take the chunk these folks think they are getting and its just a bigger tax burden, and once again it just feeds our obese government. We all fucking lose.

Fester

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I haven't owed on a vehicle in probably over a decade. I could give 2 shits about cheap cars or leases or what have you. I have children and grand children that at some point are going to be the ones taking this shit, that's what I care about. Owning a new car does nothing for me, I am satisfied driving my work pickup everywhere I go, mrs johnr is in darn near a 10 year old vehicle.

Try being 18 and buying into the world we are running right now. If we pay monkeys 40% raises, then the CEO will be getting that much more, the entire goal of earning more will be gone, as prices and every other job will take the chunk these folks think they are getting and its just a bigger tax burden, and once again it just feeds our obese government. We all fucking lose.
So the resolution is continuing to pay CEO and freeze the pay or pay cut for said employees. Glad you have kids and grandkids..cheap labor for CEO

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
So the resolution is continuing to pay CEO and freeze the pay or pay cut for said employees. Glad you have kids and grandkids..cheap labor for CEO
The resolution is to strike of course, and fuck the CEO. Monkeys will again rule this world, and all will be well.
If any of my family decides to work in a factory, I am guessing they will do so for the wage they agree upon, or they will work elsewhere. Maybe they wont have to work at all, we can just live off of the CEO's vast wealth and ill gotten wages.

Fester

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I dont think people realize in the whole picture what the raise actually comes to is under 1% of the profits from what i read. I believe I read something on average a manufacturer make $1,300 - $1,500 on a vehicle. So it comes down to me paying $15.00 more for a vehicle. Well I can definitely say I won't complain about $15.

Fester

★★★★★ Legendary Member
The resolution is to strike of course, and fuck the CEO. Monkeys will again rule this world, and all will be well.
If any of my family decides to work in a factory, I am guessing they will do so for the wage they agree upon, or they will work elsewhere. Maybe they wont have to work at all, we can just live off of the CEO's vast wealth and ill gotten wages.
Yes I would say for them if they are not being treated fairly they have that option to strike. If CEO doesn't like it he can replace them..seems simple doesn't it?

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 71
  • This month: 51
  • This month: 47
  • This month: 38
  • This month: 36
  • This month: 34
  • This month: 31
  • This month: 28
  • This month: 28