U.A.W strike?

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
lets just say the typical ceo of a company like that comes in at 40 million total compensation package per year. typical union employee 200k. the ceo makes 200 times the typical worker. lets say in a good year fester made a cool million and paid his minions a measly 50k total compensation package. thats still only 20 times his worker salary. a cool factor of 10 less than the big three. doesn't touch the compensation packages of the folks just south of the ceo on the pay scale.

on another note... the numbers ran on worker salary v corporate profits are miniscule however you want to run them. when you get into the billions, it takes a hell of a raise on a hell of a lot of employees to put a dent in even 1% of a just 1 billion. god forbid you start talking 3-5% of 10 billion. its just hard to fathom how far a billion goes. i think i read one time that if every billionaire in this country gave 26 million (so, at the most 2.6%) they could end homelessness entirely in this country.

Fester

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Yet here you are telling others how to run a business when you couldn't do it yourself, maybe you should go into politics
So by saying I am ok with them striking to get a better wage I am somehow telling others how to run a business?....ummm ok 👍

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
lets just say the typical ceo of a company like that comes in at 40 million total compensation package per year. typical union employee 200k. the ceo makes 200 times the typical worker. lets say in a good year fester made a cool million and paid his minions a measly 50k total compensation package. thats still only 20 times his worker salary. a cool factor of 10 less than the big three. doesn't touch the compensation packages of the folks just south of the ceo on the pay scale.

on another note... the numbers ran on worker salary v corporate profits are miniscule however you want to run them. when you get into the billions, it takes a hell of a raise on a hell of a lot of employees to put a dent in even 1% of a just 1 billion. god forbid you start talking 3-5% of 10 billion. its just hard to fathom how far a billion goes. i think i read one time that if every billionaire in this country gave 26 million (so, at the most 2.6%) they could end homelessness entirely in this country.
Are you giving 2.6% of your income to the homeless?

pointer

Founding Member
Founding Member
How many businesses have shut down in the last couple years because couldn't find help shit if McDonald's is paying 18 an hour why aren't people filling those positions, but yet there are homeless that Could work, just don't want to, we need to revamp the welfare system

cooter00

Founding Member
Founding Member
Why can't the company tell the union to buzz off and hire immigrants for minimum wage if they are not skilled labor positions can't anyone do it. I'm actually curious what the union brings to the table at my company (oilfield) someone says they will quit if they don't get a raise they get fired instead if the owner hears your applying for other jobs your fired it's not skilled labor so he just hires another we go through at least 1 guy a week sometimes more total company has 40-50 employees

Fester

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Why can't the company tell the union to buzz off and hire immigrants for minimum wage if they are not skilled labor positions can't anyone do it. I'm actually curious what the union brings to the table at my company (oilfield) someone says they will quit if they don't get a raise they get fired instead if the owner hears your applying for other jobs your fired it's not skilled labor so he just hires another we go through at least 1 guy a week sometimes more total company has 40-50 employees
40-50 employees is WAY different then 30,000 employees. But I agree if CEO doesn't like it..why not replace them?

I wish we would get back to the times when there was loyalty, both the company loyal and took care of the employee and the employee was loyal and took care of the employer...those times I fear are long gone..it's a race to the cheapest of everything.

Last edited:

cooter00

Founding Member
Founding Member
I know that but unskilled labor is what it is the only difference is more paperwork really for the skilled other then that I don't see why they couldn't

wslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
wish we would get back to the times when there was loyalty, both the company loyal and took care of the employee and the employee was loyal and took care of the employer...those times I fear are long gone..it's a race to the cheapest of everything.

This has been gone for many many years !

Fester

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I know that but unskilled labor is what it is the only difference is more paperwork really for the skilled other then that I don't see why they couldn't
That's the point they could...they are choosing not to...so my guess is what they are doing and asking might just not be that bad??

Fester

★★★★★ Legendary Member
wish we would get back to the times when there was loyalty, both the company loyal and took care of the employee and the employee was loyal and took care of the employer...those times I fear are long gone..it's a race to the cheapest of everything.

This has been gone for many many years !
Yup I agree...part of this is what I believe took away alot if the unions. There was no need for them, they all took care of each other. Now..not so much..which is part of the reason I say let them strike.

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Pretty sure the Saturn Vue was a clone of the Chevy Equinox. I had one of each as employer provided fleet vehicles.
Agreed,that was long ago,all these little suv shit boxes from every vehicle manufacturer all down sized,trax is a death trap on adverse road condition,and was the new body style replacing the vue after saturn closed shop,

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
How do you figure this? Short term wages will be lost but long term wages will be regained. So they lose 2k or 4k or 10k but if they get a larger raise that amount stays with them for long term not just 4 or 5 years..until they retire or leave the company. Look at 3% of 50k. That is what $1,500 a year. Ten years that is 15k, 30 years that is 45k. That's based off of 50k and 3%. The companies will want you to think these unions are dumb for striking cause the amount they lose is more than what they gain but you have to look at this in the long term. That is substantial amount of money.
Outsourcing has always been the answer regardless of unions...the companies go where it's cheapest. I know a company that sends its software to India for programming..not because of unions but because it's cheaper then the U.S.A. and yes it creates a mess when it gets back...its absolutely horrible...but hey it was cheap.
That's big gamble, after listening to these ceo's pretty sure they wont cave,as ford ceo said paying line workers $300k annually working 32hrs/wk wont happen.

Actually i could careless, im retired but been thru these strikes many times,workers took a shit the longer strike lasts,no financial recovery for wages lost long term,

3Roosters

Founding Member
Founding Member
My only comment is why Dementia Joey has to put his finger on the scale on who he thinks should get the better of the deal..the union. Instead of Dementia Joey's comments wouldn't it have been better to say..."hey, I will facilitate a meeting between the two sides and you two sides get together for some type of compromise before leaving the room. The President taking sides was a mistake. He is a joke.

Fester

★★★★★ Legendary Member
That's big gamble, after listening to these ceo's pretty sure they wont cave,as ford ceo said paying line workers $300k annually working 32hrs/wk wont happen.

Actually i could careless, im retired but been thru these strikes many times,workers took a shit the longer strike lasts,no financial recovery for wages lost long term,
Maybe..maybe not. We will see what they get. I wish them all well and hope it works for them.

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member

I believe ford has 180,000 employees and if you give all employees a $ 10 / hr raise and add 30% for labor burden $13/hr, multiply that time 2080 hrs for the year it would equal $ 27,004 per employee or $ 4.867,200,000 for all 180,000 and that is pre profit Most of the CEO's compensation comes from after profit.

3Roosters

Founding Member
Founding Member

Some are homeless because they prefer it. There are also many illegal border crossers who are homeless. Is it up to Legal American Billionaire Citizens to provide funds for shelter for them because they are billionaires? Not sure why this current admin keeps allowing ILLEGALS entering this country. Lets get back to LEGAL IMMIGRATION and fix homelessness when that is accomplished!! Until then....Dementia man and Cackler are destroying this country.

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just a quick response..I would guess around 25-35% could do the job of a CEO.
Good CEO's are the top 0.01% of the population. Add to the fact ridiculous regulation and crazy amounts of Human Resource management and you get super competitive companies for talent that can do the job without hanging themselves.

cooter00

Founding Member
Founding Member
I can't see that people put to much on being in charge of a company it's stressful yes but .01% you don't have allot of faith in your fellow man lol

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 255
  • This month: 216
  • This month: 112
  • This month: 102
  • This month: 100
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 72
  • This month: 72