Hoosiers also? Too many fish.

Brian Renville

Founding Member
Founding Member
Looks like Folks from Indiana are coming this way also. That's some serious fish cleaning!

poachedsunfishe1439264853129jpgw458-1.jpg

(Photo: Minnesota DNR)
Half a dozen anglers from Indiana visited a northwestern Minnesota lake and exceeded their limit of sunfish and crappies by 676 fish, the Department of Natural Resources says.
The conservation officer’s report (published in the Brainerd Dispatch) says an anonymous tip led officers to Upper Cormorant Lake, where the anglers were found with a total of 856 fish in their possession.
The six adults were charged with misdemeanors. As KFGO reports if they’re convicted they could face a fine and restitution of five dollars per fish.
Five bucks may not sound like much, but DL-Online points out that in this case that comes to $3,380 in restitution alone.

DL-Online says the group of six adults and six children from Bedford, Indiana, was staying at End of the Road Resort on Upper Cormorant and had already filleted and frozen most of the fish before officers arrived.
The website reached one member of the group by phone but 78-year old Clifford Emmons was succinct, with his only comment: “What’s there to say? We took too many fish.”
DL-Online says the defendants are due in court on Aug. 31.
The DNR says tipsters who use the Turn In Poachers phone line (1-800-652-9093 or key in #TIP on a cell phone) are eligible for reward money of up to $1,000 if an arrest is made.

Rizzo

Founding Member
Founding Member
"If they are found guilty" is funny. If your in possession there is no question.

Brian Renville

Founding Member
Founding Member
That's a helluva drive for a huge pile of mostly sunfish. Just the time it would take to catch and especially clean and package that many wouldn't leave much time for any other activities on their vacation.

raider

Founding Member
Founding Member
i just don't understand why the g&f of these states can't get together and have reciprocity with game and fish for licensing and punishment of other participating states, and offer huge penalties and loss of privileges in all participating states...

why this continues to happen is the consequences of lack of punishment...

maybe time for blanket parties hosted by locals for some of these guys if the law won't handle it...

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
i just don't understand why the g&f of these states can't get together and have reciprocity with game and fish for licensing and punishment of other participating states, and offer huge penalties and loss of privileges in all participating states...

why this continues to happen is the consequences of lack of punishment...

maybe time for blanket parties hosted by locals for some of these guys if the law won't handle it...

I know reciprocity of fish and game violations resulting in suspension of privileges exists in many states. I know a guy that hunted with the wrong buddy of a buddy a few years back. I think 40+ states participate. I can't remember how it all works, though.

3Roosters

Founding Member
Founding Member
Speaking of having to clean that many fish...anybody tried that fairly new outfit, the SKINZIT? I think it is from the pro fisherman Ted Takasaki..or maybe I have that wrong..maybe he is just marketing the thing...at any rate..anybody tried it? I think it is like $150 at Scheels. I would consider dropping that down for it if it is the real deal as I think it looks like it would be the cat's arse on panfish.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 116
  • This month: 109
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 75