hey v, political Q here...

MuskyManiac

Founding Member
Founding Member
No, we do not need more political topics on NDA!!!!!!!!!!! The election is over a year away and I'm so sick of the politics already that I could puke.

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
I would buy some of that beef. When are you butchering the animal?

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think if Obama runs for a third term I would cast a couple of votes for him

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
GST, posts like that are a rarity for you. Please, offer some advice on beef and what we should be looking for. I, along with the vast majority of members here, would love it. However, don't cherry pick topics and discussions that I've either started or participated in, to further your agenda. I post plenty of fishing reports, topics on hunting/fishing gear and even low-brow shenanigans. As far as your banning goes, I think it can be attributed to your inflammatory tactics.

bigbrad123

Founding Member
Founding Member
F politics. Keep it hidden. Make it so people have to click on 20 different links to even get to the hint of a political topic.

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
I kind of thought I would miss the political bullshit. But, I haven't. Probably cause I am getting plenty of other quality entertainment from the site tho.

gst

Banned
Founding Member
Founding Member
I would buy some of that beef. When are you butchering the animal?

they are just being weaned this fall and take a bit longer to finish so best guess is next July.

We used to have a couple half blood Waygu cows that we would keep the calves for butchering and even as a 1/4 blood those calves were noticeably better quality and flavor. We had a waiting list for the one we did not use our selves. So I am looking forward to these Aukushis as they are supposedly a step up from the Waygu.

We are getting a half from a friend that raises them also this Sept so can let you know how they are. He only had 10 and they are all spoken for.

Ah hell kdm, maybe you are right, here a political thread rambles into a discussion about quality beef............ :)

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
This thread took a turn and rambled for the BETTER in this case!!! Carry on!!!! I like Beef!!!!

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
me to i find beef very interesting other than i am hungry for a big steak now

gst

Banned
Founding Member
Founding Member
GST, posts like that are a rarity for you. Please, offer some advice on beef and what we should be looking for. I, along with the vast majority of members here, would love it. However, don't cherry pick topics and discussions that I've either started or participated in, to further your agenda. I post plenty of fishing reports, topics on hunting/fishing gear and even low-brow shenanigans. As far as your banning goes, I think it can be attributed to your inflammatory tactics.

If you do not want others to pick out threads you post in to prove a point, drop the accusatory crap.

you call it "inflamatory" I call it calling a spade a spade some people get theri panties in a wad over that...I don;t much care.

Quality of the beef eating experience is tied to each individuals preference so it is kinda hard to know what works for people you have never met. Like I said select cuts if raised, handled and processed right can give a good eating experience. We used to raise beef for Lauras Lean which was a good product.

We are doing some experimenting with DNA markers in cattle that identify tenderness likelihoods to try and produce a product that is lean with the tenderness that people expect. But the bottom line is you get the natural flavor that is the signature of beef from marbling. It is also what helps separate the connective tissues to help with tenderness.

Aging also impacts flavor and tenderness significantly. Some claim not so much flavor as aging primarily helps break down the connective tissues in the cut. Dry aging however in my opinion does indeed impact flavor. Controlled environments that allow for extended dry aging result in some unbeleivable steaks. East 40 in Bismarck is dry aging 45 days. Better get there early or they are usually gone. Humidity and temp control are critical to do this right. Have tried some in our own walkin cooler with varied results. Never bad, just some are way better than others. Have a friend that dry ages whole loins in their plastic bags in his vaccine cooler for 45 days...one of the best prime ribs I have ever eaten

Beef fed vitamin E in the final 45 days on feed will give you a product that will keep its red coloring longer which also attributes to more days aging which results usually in a more tender cut. For more great information on beef from right herein ND, here is one of those damn links.

http://ndbeef.org/

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
Do you serve your cattle beer and give back massages? I remember seeing a video of a colt 45-esque beer getting jammed down the mouth of a cow. I believe it was detailing the process of raising cattle worthy of being called Kobe Beef.

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
We can all talk about beef like adults. I know in my life i wouldnt be here today without beef. I would have starved and withered away. Thanku steers for your wonderful steaks and marbling.

gst

Banned
Founding Member
Founding Member
GMO beef? Good enough to Make you Orgasm is how Dale Zimmerman at Peacock Alley describes their beef. Their Cowboy ribeye is pretty damn good. A couple years ago he won the NCBA Beef Backer award nationally for his innovative beef menu entrees.

Yeah the Kobe deal is about how they are raised in that region of Japan. Not into massaging cattle, maybe should get a couple of geisha girls to work on that.

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
So beings this topic got switched over to beef, the wife heard the other day that Sevens Bar & Grill has the best steak in North Dakota. This was some sort of poll thingy is what she said. My question is has anyone ate there lately? I haven't been there for a few years as their prices got high when the oil boom started. Just wondering if they do have good steak before I go pay the price, as I know you guys know everything, and would not lie to me!!! ;:;rofl :;:smokin

huntorride365

Founding Member
Founding Member
Politics are involved one way or another in pretty much everything discussed.
Now if we can just get Hillary in so we can hit rock bottom and start rebuilding the country after the shit hits the fan.

On another note, does anyone else think that Fishmahn and possibly one other were kind of like damage control/puppets for a professional organization? They showed up when things were really happening. They're not present anymore. Keeping political affiliations out, they certainly contributed in the other sites demise.

That's an odd request Slim, you can't play with my 1911.

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
Anyone ever tried the prime cowboy at 40 Steak&Seafood. ( Aged 90 days. ) ?

http://40steakandseafood.com/

DRY AGED ^PRIME COWBOY (40 DAYS) Large cut bone-in ribeye 55
^PRIME COWBOY (60 DAYS) 60
^PRIME COWBOY (90 DAYS) 65

Bacon

Founding Member
Founding Member
Gst, where could a guy get breeding stock for these cattle you are talking about. Maybe a bull or a couple cows. Have been thinking about the Wagyu thing for a couple years. Would like to start raising some freezer beef. There seems to be a good demand for good beef. Our Angus would work but I know these would be a step up even as 1/4 blood. Get more marbling and flavor.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
We ate smoked french dips last night. I smoked the meat 5 months ago, vacuum sealed it and crock pot cooked it all day long, after a day of water fun it was awesome.

Politics are passionate, and part of life. We are not 13 yr old girls, and should not need a website governing what might be said. What sort of pussies can't handle reading something political to the point that we need V to set up some sort of filter to stop a potential hurt feelings. #dontbeapuss

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 54
  • This month: 44
  • This month: 39
  • This month: 33
  • This month: 31
  • This month: 29
  • This month: 22
  • This month: 20
  • This month: 18