New Rockford wedding shooting

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
Lack of faith --- with so much crime and killing going on -- I don't think these individuals think of what happens after the event when they are alive and after they pass on to the afterlife.

westwolfone

Founding Member
Founding Member
It's a by product of the superficial world that we live in. Honesty, trust, faithfulness are all things of the past and
and if you practice them you are considered weak and will be taken advantage of by the assholes that are the overwhelming majority of the population.

Eventually you take enough shit just to get by in life that you just stop caring and then the next person that fucks you over,
something like this happens.

Condolences to the victims.

Last edited:

You

Founding Member
Founding Member
yup, dont really care how nice of a guy he is/was. i was told the same thing by a friend from rock. he's obviously not a good person. pudding.

i understand people are most likely sharing that 'nice guy' tidbit to demonstrate overall surprise, not to defend him. i get that.

he should receive the same fate he dealt, but he wont. good ol nd. :;:thumbsup

Buckmaster81

Founding Member
Founding Member
When I used to bartend I served him (Troske) and he always seemed to be a happy go lucky type of guy but I did notice he drank a lot more whisky then one probably should.

Condolences to the families. I don't know the lady but I somewhat knew Donnie and he was a really friendly guy. Terrible deal....

jr2280

Founding Member
Founding Member
Donnie was a hell of a nice guy. He was fun to be around and made everybody have a good time. He was a good friend of my wife and I. He auctioned the garter off at our wedding. He brought fun with him. It is a terrible thing that happened and sad thing is I don't think the perp will ever get what he deserves.

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
Lotta jibber jabber going on, but does anyone know the story behind the story? Can someone explain what happened so that someone who doesnt know anyone involved has a relatively clear picture of what went down?

Buckmaster81

Founding Member
Founding Member
ex bf sees ex gf talking to guy exbf gets jealous and leaves brings back gun and murders an innocent man and attempts to murder exgf

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
Not the first time in history that has happened for sure. Exbf probably shouldnt go to exgf's wedding....

b2down

Founding Member
Founding Member
Lycan, she wasn't the bride. She was just at the wedding. My daughters co-worker was 10 feet from the shooting. Sad Sad Sad!

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ohh, was this an outside or indoor event? Really sucks for the new boyfriend she was with. Who knows the story about what happened between this guy and his ex gf. Im surprised no one has video of the event, with everyone carrying a camera now days pretty much....

b2down

Founding Member
Founding Member
Indoors at the New Rockford Eagles Club. It happened as the wedding was winding down. Not sure if there was any video. If there is I'm sure the PD has it.

FightingSioux

Founding Member
Founding Member
Not surprised this happened in the sheet hole town of new Rockford. Must have been that inbreeding gone wrong!

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
I don't know how much truth is in it. Some of you will know this better than I. Through second person of a close friend of the shooter I understand that within the last year or two he lost his mother, his dad, and two brothers. Then the girlfriend left him for a richer farmer. Not sure. Sounds like he shot the wrong guy. Just tossing it out and hoping for some clarification from you guys who are closer.
Sounds like the last thing he lost was his mind. To much pressure, and he got into a game where everyone looses.

Last edited:

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
One comes into this world with nothing and leaves with only your past. That past dictates your future. Faith has left a great number of people. Excuses are something the baby boomer generation started --- nothing constitutes shooting someone -- no matter how bad life is. Anyway I heard he shot and then ordered a drink before being arrested.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 250
  • This month: 213
  • This month: 97
  • This month: 94
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 83
  • This month: 81
  • This month: 71
  • This month: 66