Foxes and Skunks?????

JMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Eagles, they always eat out the liver first. If it were coyotes that leg bone wouldn't still be attached to the hip. I've never seen anything eat on the nose like that though.

Fox pick up the skunk smell from dens and getting sprayed, coyotes and fox both love skunks.

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Eagles, they always eat out the liver first. If it were coyotes that leg bone wouldn't still be attached to the hip. I've never seen anything eat on the nose like that though.

Fox pick up the skunk smell from dens and getting sprayed, coyotes and fox both love skunks.

I like eagles a bit more now. Didn't think there were THAT many skunks out in my area to be battin' a 1000 on stink, but I'm learning new stuff on the line every day. Can't say as if I've been around a fox that didn't have skunk perfume so I wouldn't know what was normal and what wasn't.

Thanks Guys!!!!!

JMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
I fricken hate eagles, the lazy bastards don't kill live coyotes, they just ruin perfectly good dead ones.

My losses this year:
IMG_20160102_141008958[1].jpg
IMG_20160130_112201667[1].jpg

- - - Updated - - -

166-2.jpg

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'd gladly sacrifice a few coyotes, but I'd have to catch'em first. (Grin) Guess you have more eagles as well as coyotes. I've just had coyotes (or dogs) chew up my coyotes and I've only seen a few eagles in my area, so this would be a novelty for me.

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
Man I kill every fox i can. There is no predator harder on nesting birds specifically waterfowl then a fox. Coons and skunks will go for the eggs but fox go for the hen then the eggs making it a double whammy.

Last edited:

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Man I kill every fox i can. There is no predator harder on nesting birds specifically waterfall then a fox. Coons and skunks will go for the eggs but fox go for the hen then the eggs making it a double whammy.

And dean this is why you are an idiot.

Kickemup

Founding Member
Founding Member
I never realized a eagle would do that much damage to a yote. Sucks to lose good fur. I'm guessing it only takes an eagle a couple hours to clean one out.

muskelllunge13

Founding Member
Founding Member
Eagles will kill live ones also! But one in a snare or trap would be easy picking.. Here is a vid of Kazak hunters catching fox and wolves (coyote size) with golden eagles..

JMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
The eagles in that video are hard working conservative eagles willing to work for their meal. The eagles in my area are freeloading democrats that expect others to provide them with an easy meal. And I'm seeing more and more of them everyday, I wish I knew a way to give them a flight plan that takes them to Fargo.

Kickemup

Founding Member
Founding Member
Don't send them my way all my snares are in open country. They will just come over and eat my dogs send then to Williston.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
The eagles in that video are hard working conservative eagles willing to work for their meal. The eagles in my area are freeloading democrats that expect others to provide them with an easy meal. And I'm seeing more and more of them everyday, I wish I knew a way to give them a flight plan that takes them to Fargo.

Hahaha, awesome

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
sorry guys, didn't mean to put that tune back into your heads.

fox are neat

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
I don't have a particular love for foxes, but there aren't that many around my area. If I start to catch equal numbers of foxes and coyotes, I'm sure a few will end up in my fur shed. That and if the landowner wants me to take the foxes as well as the coyotes. The cool thing about foxes is I might be able to do a "Catch and Release" if the fur quality is poor. With coyotes, I couldn't care LESS what the fur looks like, there's NO RELEASE.

You

Founding Member
Founding Member
Eagles will kill live ones also! But one in a snare or trap would be easy picking.. Here is a vid of Kazak hunters catching fox and wolves (coyote size) with golden eagles..

ive been using my binos the wrong way

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 144
  • This month: 143
  • This month: 70
  • This month: 68
  • This month: 59
  • This month: 57
  • This month: 57
  • This month: 55