Foxes and Skunks?????

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I don't have a particular love for foxes, but there aren't that many around my area. If I start to catch equal numbers of foxes and coyotes, I'm sure a few will end up in my fur shed. That and if the landowner wants me to take the foxes as well as the coyotes. The cool thing about foxes is I might be able to do a "Catch and Release" if the fur quality is poor. With coyotes, I couldn't care LESS what the fur looks like, there's NO RELEASE.

How to do you handle a live fox to release it? I have never trapped, so sorry for likely a dumb question.

JMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Fox are usually pretty timid, there are pretty easy to get ahold of. A light tap to the nose renders them senseless for a few moments too.

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
How to do you handle a live fox to release it? I have never trapped, so sorry for likely a dumb question.

Not a dumb question at all. It depends on where they are restrained. If it's around the neck I can control the head by basically reeling it in until I can grab the fox around the neck and hold it down so I can get at the snare. If they are flank caught, which is usually around the waist, but can mean anything other than the neck, it gets a bit more interesting as they are fast and their head is free to put those teeth to good use. LOL!! At that point I usually use my noggin bonker to distract the fox, get in real close and grab them by the neck. A catch pole would probably be the best, but I don't want to carry one every time I run the line just in case I catch a fox, so I'll just stick with the grab method and hope I don't hurt the fox or myself. (Grin)

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
So what you are saying is you are likely giving these poor fox a concussion...hahaha

#foxlivesandthembeingconcussionfreematter

JMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Lol, If you're giving them a concussion you are hitting them too hard, all it takes is a flick of the wrist. My childhood spankings had more force.

Bowhunter_24

Founding Member
Founding Member
There is no deer because of lions but fox have no impact on anything.

I think they eat titty sprinkles.

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
So what you are saying is you are likely giving these poor fox a concussion...hahaha

#foxlivesandthembeingconcussionfreematter

What we are saying here is for Dean to #blowitouthisass... Just sayin...

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I bashed a coon with a shock absorber years ago, cause we ran out of ammo. Them sonsabitches can take a beating, must have been close to 15 swings.

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
Dude are you really a 15 year old girl with pms. Your definitely a little bitch who wouldn't have the balls to say shit in person!

deleted_account

Founding Member
Founding Member
You really have to meet enslow in person to truly appreciate his brand of ribbing

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Oh I'll gladly meet him in person!

Dean when you are finished blowing it out your ass maybe we can come up with a wing ding in Bismarck where you could put on a light geces seminar.

MathewsZman

Founding Member
Founding Member
We throw banter of all sorts at these types of events. Sometimes we even talk about new state record bluegills and mushkies and such !!!

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
geces is slang for feces, and you might be in for a face of it if you don't watch out...haha

might be a goose decoy set up seminar also

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 46
  • This month: 33
  • This month: 30
  • This month: 30
  • This month: 28
  • This month: 18
  • This month: 17
  • This month: 16