Vertigo

H82bogey

Founding Member
Founding Member
Found out I have a case of Peripheral Vertigo.

Has anyone else had this? Mine was brought on by a virus, no inner ear problem and they are telling me it just needs to run it's course. The Dr. gave me some meclizine, which is supposed to help with the dizziness, but that just makes it worse.

If you have had it, what have you done to get relief, and how long did yours last? The Dr. is giving me a 3 week recovery time.

deleted_account

Founding Member
Founding Member
This has nothing to do with what you got goin on but it reminded me. I went dyslexic for like 10-15 seconds one time driving back from an extended hunting weekend. Scared the crap out of me. Buddy thought i was losing my shit. "WTF I CANT READ!". Sounds crazy, and it was, but its true.

eklindworth

Founding Member
Founding Member
As a physical therapist, I treat patients with BPPV (benign paroxysmal positional vertigo) with the Epley maneuver. Most PTs can do this.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yes vertigo sucks I had it for 3 months last winter, it was worse if I watched TV or played games on my phone. I did the vertigo exercises I was given by the doctor. Don't forget to wear sun glasses, no sudden movements of any kind. Good Luck

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
This has nothing to do with what you got goin on but it reminded me. I went dyslexic for like 10-15 seconds one time driving back from an extended hunting weekend. Scared the crap out of me. Buddy thought i was losing my shit. "WTF I CANT READ!". Sounds crazy, and it was, but its true.

What were you reading? Road sign?

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member

newsflash - you were losing your shit

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yes vertigo sucks I had it for 3 months last winter, it was worse if I watched TV or played games on my phone. I did the vertigo exercises I was given by the doctor. Don't forget to wear sun glasses, no sudden movements of any kind. Good Luck

Also stop using Q tips ASAP

H82bogey

Founding Member
Founding Member
Wasn't given any exercises. Just a prescription and the ole "should take about 3 weeks to go away". It's not too bad most of the time, but the nausea kicks in and I feel like I'm going to throw up for 2-3 hours or actually start to dry heave. Freaking sucks.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member

ranger150

★ Legendary Member
My wife had a bad case of Vertigo. Terrible. Motion sickness tablets helped like Dramamine. Some say a Chiropractor can help. Otherwise its time.

camoman

Founding Member
Founding Member
As a physical therapist, I treat patients with BPPV (benign paroxysmal positional vertigo) with the Epley maneuver. Most PTs can do this.

I've observed while practicing PTs treated vertigo. Patients seemed happy with their improvements.

Ericb

Founding Member
Founding Member
Not sure what the cause was but I've had 2 relatives go threw it recently. One was told it was probably calcium build up in the inter ear. She was told to go to a Metallica concert. Not really but the pt was kind of funny. Both took about three weeks to recover.

Phill Latio

Founding Member
Founding Member
Found out I have a case of Peripheral Vertigo.

Has anyone else had this? Mine was brought on by a virus, no inner ear problem and they are telling me it just needs to run it's course. The Dr. gave me some meclizine, which is supposed to help with the dizziness, but that just makes it worse.

If you have had it, what have you done to get relief, and how long did yours last? The Dr. is giving me a 3 week recovery time.

what specifically are your symptoms? Specifically, and what would you say brings it on?

huffranger

Founding Member
Founding Member
I got the bad spins from Pepcid AC last time off. I was working on my rig and when I would lay on the floor the whole room would spin. REALLY SUCKED..

Never take that crap again. I feel for ya H8toboogy

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
That's what they did for me. I remembered that maneuver, and have done it myself twice since. Works every time for me. Couldn't believe it the first time. The world was spinning so bad I could hardly stand. Does it work for a viral induced vertigo?

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 228
  • This month: 190
  • This month: 91
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 81
  • This month: 78
  • This month: 68
  • This month: 65