Another winter storm

Skeeter

Founding Member
Founding Member
I thought all of western ND oil money was taken to build a diversion in the valley?
I know it sure wasn't spent on any of our western needs, where the money was actually made.
The east has been stealing western oil money since the eighties. Nothing new.

WormWiggler

Founding Member
Founding Member
looks like I picked the right time to migrate south, makes up for missing ice fishing... winter here has been like a long october...

Eatsleeptrap

★★ Legendary Member
wife and i have been thinking about this, thinking more in the lines of Montana or south Dakota. both have a lot nicer winters than northern nd.
Western Nebraska. North Platte to Sydney to Scottsbluff. A little winter, then it goes away. A little more winter, then it goes away. Sometimes I check out their DOT cameras and wish the wife would go.
vid-005026082-01.jpg
vid-006080190-04.jpg

mikef

★★★ Legendary Member
I thought all of western ND oil money was taken to build a diversion in the valley?
I know it sure wasn't spent on any of our western needs, where the money was actually made.
I get it, but actually Dunn Co does a really good job of putting down dust control and grading/ blading roads imo

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
I used to hate ND winters when we had to work out in them so I migrated a few winters for work. I thought maybe it would be fun to be snowbirds after we retired but now that I no longer have to go out and work in it, I don't mind it a bit. Now I'm finding time for all sorts of indoor projects that I always wanted to do when I never had time. I don't mind snow removal either with a heated cab , I have a decent sized 4wd backhoe that's an animal compared to the old tractors we used to use. I can open our road and yard nice and wide with just a few passes.

LOV2HNT

Founding Member
Founding Member
Looking into late next week it looks like another doozy of a storm is coming, but it's over a week away and hopefully it doesn't materialize. This winter can f*ck off already.

Paddledogger

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I know Allen posted a snow water equivalent yesterday, but this one even includes the northern Milk and the southern Big Horn, Powder and Tongue.
1678910954218.png

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I camp now and then by Manning. A town of one bar and i will say a well-kept bar, a couple of houses and one really nice, huge and i mean huge courthouse. Or so i will assume that is what it is. Maybe a retirement home. Not sure how they can do all that let alone build it. Grass is always as green as it can be and well manicure. The upkeep of that grass and cleaning fee must take the entire tax base of that town/county by itself. db

Paddledogger

★★★★★ Legendary Member
It’s the courthouse with all county offices in it. Just an FYI, Manning is the true county seat for Dunn County, not Killdeer, which is why Dunn County Commissioners added to the courthouse and moved all services to Manning, population 47.

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Thanks paddle:

Was told the story from customers in bar. Said oil monies have been good?

Nice building from outside and well kept on the outside from the handful, of times i have camp there and drank a beer or two in the bar. Bar was well kept inside too by the lady, Excellent steak.

Never did find out why county seat was there and not Killdeer. Must be an old story. db-2

Paddledogger

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Is anyone else been checking the weather models for another significant snowstorm hitting North Dakota next week late Wednesday thru Friday (March 22-24). I looked at the snowfall total on the GFS model on Tropical Tidbits and was like "here we go again". The snow amounts seem pretty high, so if we get even half of what they are showing...looks like it would be another foot of snow. ENOUGH ALREADY!!! o_O

NDbowman

Founding Member
Founding Member

Around the 8:50 mark Snodgrass shows the model of that storm. The GFS shows it more over ND, the Euro model shows it a little further south. Doesn't look like a real big deal yet. Long ways away yet, it could change alot from now till then. Either miss us completely or nail us hard. Time will tell. I just want it to warm up and melt this shit by April.

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member

Around the 8:50 mark Snodgrass shows the model of that storm. The GFS shows it more over ND, the Euro model shows it a little further south. Doesn't look like a real big deal yet. Long ways away yet, it could change alot from now till then. Either miss us completely or nail us hard. Time will tell. I just want it to warm up and melt this shit by April.

You and me both.:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:. LB

Twitch

Founding Member
Founding Member

1678976611008.gif

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 171
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 126
  • This month: 111
  • This month: 92
  • This month: 89
  • This month: 88