Spring turkey hunt.

Blackice

Looking for a little help/advice on spring turkey hunting. I have never hunted turkeys before but thought this was a good opportunity for me and my son to spend some more time in the outdoors together. I have a tag in unit 50 and live in Grand Forks. My only hunting experience north of highway 2 has been an elk hunt a couple years ago. I seen plenty of turkeys in the Walhalla area but was wondering if there is a huntable turkey population in the southern part of unit 50. If anyone has any tips on a general location in the southern part of unit 50 I would greatly appreciate it. Also any other advise you have I'd love to hear it.

Longtine

Founding Member
Founding Member
Looking for a little help/advice on spring turkey hunting. I have never hunted turkeys before but thought this was a good opportunity for me and my son to spend some more time in the outdoors together. I have a tag in unit 50 and live in Grand Forks. My only hunting experience north of highway 2 has been an elk hunt a couple years ago. I seen plenty of turkeys in the Walhalla area but was wondering if there is a huntable turkey population in the southern part of unit 50. If anyone has any tips on a general location in the southern part of unit 50 I would greatly appreciate it. Also any other advise you have I'd love to hear it.
A few around Turtle River State Park.....Access is not the easiest.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 191
  • This month: 157
  • This month: 146
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 117
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88