NFL News (Vikings)

Fester

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Let's face it, at the higher end of each sport...you are seeing some of the best at that sport and it should be enjoyable to watch. Well, maybe not water polo.

But Dana White is quite wrong in his perception of the degree of difficulty in scoring in soccer. Outside the U.S., soccer is easily the most popular sport in a great majority of countries. That means soccer gets the best athletes available from the respective population.
100% agree also why they are the highest paid athletes in the world. 1 of them turned down $600 million a year to play in Saudi...can you imagine being able to turn down over half a billion a year just cause you didn't want to play there? Makes Mahomes contract look like pocket change to those guys

Fester

★★★★★ Legendary Member
nope...mens professional soccer in the cities
Oh your talking minnesota united? Would like to check out one of those games! Almost booked tickets there last season to watch the national team. Do you go often?

★ Legendary Member
I wasn't to familiar with soccer until a guy told me to watch the U.S men's national team(wasnt happy with NFL..looking for a change). He also briefed me up on the rules and a couple players to watch. All that helped a substantial amount. The rules are pretty interesting and alot seems to be based off ref discretion. Not all games are action packed just like football..some you turn off some you watch but overall the passion those guys have for the USA is pretty cool. I don't think I could watch kids soccer unless as you said you had a kid in it then you have atleast someone to support. In the time that I have watched it I have become more interested in the sport especially with all the anti U.S crap in the NFL. I have started watching some European soccer but don't really know who to support etc. Anyways yeah GO U.S.A
Manchester City is my favorite european soccer team to watch..

★ Legendary Member
Oh your talking minnesota united? Would like to check out one of those games! Almost booked tickets there last season to watch the national team. Do you go often?
went 3times last year....i've had several people tell me that they know very little about soccer and have gone to a loons game and enjoy it more then going to a vikings game. yes, these are also people who grew up in nd/mn and only played football, basketball, baseball.

Fester

★★★★★ Legendary Member
went 3times last year....i've had several people tell me that they know very little about soccer and have gone to a loons game and enjoy it more then going to a vikings game. yes, these are also people who grew up in nd/mn and only played football, basketball, baseball.
That's good to know. I may have to take up a game! If you don't mind me asking what did the tickets run you, and were they hard to get?

Fester

★★★★★ Legendary Member
hes very good, but getting older. man city has some of the best team passing in the league. soccer will be the most popular sport in the us in the next 15yrs.
I agree with you there..in ND maybe not but it's absolutely growing in the rest of the United states...ND is a little slow at things sometimes.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Soccer would be a lot better if they would change the onsides rule to a zone like hockey.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
No, not even close to hockey. The offense can't be deeper than the deepest defensive player, until the ball is kicked.

★ Legendary Member
Soccer would be a lot better if they would change the onsides rule to a zone like hockey.
nice part of the soccer rules is it makes for more strategy for the defense as the line is always changing and you can trap the offense in an offsides position.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
nice part of the soccer rules is it makes for more strategy for the defense as the line is always changing and you can trap the offense in an offsides position.
You think that's good? I think it sucks and takes away from the game. So more defense in a game that's notoriously boring as far as scoring goals is good?

Fester

★★★★★ Legendary Member
No, not even close to hockey. The offense can't be deeper than the deepest defensive player, until the ball is kicked.
They can only be offside in the others teams half. So if the defense is beyond midfield(pushing very high) there is no offside..isn't that similar to hockey?

Fester

★★★★★ Legendary Member
You think that's good? I think it sucks and takes away from the game. So more defense in a game that's notoriously boring as far as scoring goals is good?
How fun would it be to just post a player by each other's goal and long ball it to them...takes no skill or strategy. You don't understand the gane or strategy behind it making it boring.

Fester

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Yup takes strategy and understanding of the game to know this.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 42
  • This month: 30
  • This month: 30
  • This month: 29
  • This month: 28
  • This month: 18
  • This month: 16
  • This month: 16
  • This month: 14