High school gun education

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
https://www.fox23.com/news/state-se...cle_939d59d4-b627-11ee-86ec-2b3c3c708241.html
I to would like our state legislation to propose this as a class for our schools, granted hunter safety classes are offered already but I believe that gun education should go much further than that. What do the rest of you guys think about this article and would you support a petition for getting this on an election ballot if the state doesn't want to propose it.

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
To be honest, the public school system hasn't been stellar in their instruction of reading, writing, and arithmetic and kicking out productive members of society. I'm not sure putting GUNS in their hands with the intention of instructing children, is an above average decision. Just sayin'.

Ugly Dogs

Founding Member
Founding Member
To be honest, the public school system hasn't been stellar in their instruction of reading, writing, and arithmetic and kicking out productive members of society. I'm not sure putting GUNS in their hands with the intention of instructing children, is an above average decision. Just sayin'.
I agree with this, I can appreciate the thought, but this something that I want to teach my kids. Not just from the responsibility part but for the fun. I love passing on knowledge to my kids, it's the only time I know I have their full attention.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Did you guys read the article about this proposal, it's got more to do with the understanding of what is expected when owning a firearm. @Ugly Dogs you are one of the last generations who still feel that way about gun owners and the responsibilities that are expected when own a firearm. As a staunch supporter of the 2nd amendment and the fact that we are also a 2nd amendment sanctuary state, I believe that we have a responsibility to give our youth the proper education when it comes to own a firearm, because like it or not not all owners of firearms are responsible gun owners.

Freedom

★★ Legendary Member
The United States education system already overspends and underachieves. They don't need more responsibilities to fail at.

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Did you guys read the article about this proposal, it's got more to do with the understanding of what is expected when owning a firearm. @Ugly Dogs you are one of the last generations who still feel that way about gun owners and the responsibilities that are expected when own a firearm. As a staunch supporter of the 2nd amendment and the fact that we are also a 2nd amendment sanctuary state, I believe that we have a responsibility to give our youth the proper education when it comes to own a firearm, because like it or not not all owners of firearms are responsible gun owners.
I'm all for teaching our youngsters proper responsible firearm ownership and usage. I don't think public education does ANYTHING properly when it comes to education. They are more interested in making sure the nutball furries have a sandbox to shit in between classes. They let men into the girls bathrooms where they sexually assault the girls. Anything dealing with firearms MUST be looked at using the worst case scenario as a guide. What do you think will happen when just one of the students that takes this class gets arrested for a gun charge or heaven forbid a shooting? It sounds good on the surface, but maybe not under the public education umbrella.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well do you think that if this law works well in Oklahoma after a few academic years that it could be looked as a possibility here? Clearly this elected official has higher hopes for his state then we do with ours.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84