M9 Moose

savage270

Founding Member
Founding Member
Rifle moose season opens on Friday and my wife has a cow tag. I have a few leads on where to start, but just looking for a backup plan if those don't pan out and someone has seen any recently in the unit. Also checking to see if anyone out there has a bull tag and wants to exchange phone numbers in the event we, or you, find a moose of the wrong sex. Thanks!

Paddledogger

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Good luck to you and the Mrs.! I harvested my cow moose in M9 a couple years ago. I have a couple buddies that live in the unit, so they helped by getting out the word to some of the farmers harvesting soybeans. I was done on day 2. While we were eating lunch on day 1 out along the road, Game Warden stopped and visited with us, checked my license. He asked for my phone # and said if he hears or sees a cow moose, he would give me a call. Nice guy and had a great visit. Message me if you want more details.

savage270

Founding Member
Founding Member
I just wanted to circle back and say thanks to everyone from this site, and others, who reached out to help my wife have a successful hunt! It certainly takes a village to find one of these creatures in a unit that covers almost 9,000 square miles!
moose.jpg

Paddledogger

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Congrats to your wife on the harvest of one of ND wonderful resources. Just know that ground moose makes a great meatloaf and if wonderful in chili.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 340
  • This month: 169
  • This month: 116
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 67
  • This month: 57
  • This month: 57
  • This month: 56