Migration 24

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
We had a little push of calendar specs a couple weeks ago but other than that nothing. Its a dead sea around here. I just hope we dont go from this to froze. Im going over east in two weeks so i hope we get some kind of push by then

bigv

Founding Member
Founding Member
Mallard hunting has been good this side most of season but just a trickle of a push so far. Saw some specks last weekend when out. Nothing too exciting here yet. Suspect at least a few weeks.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Mallard hunting has been good this side most of season but just a trickle of a push so far. Saw some specks last weekend when out. Nothing too exciting here yet. Suspect at least a few weeks.
We have had a couple decent mallard hunts but mostly just locals. Its been so hot and dry alot of the water still has blue green algae. Im not taking a chance putting the dog in the water. If we dont get some snow this winter its going to be really bad over this way next year

scrotcaster

Founding Member
Founding Member
Seen some nice flocks of specs last night archery hunting.. Made me wish i had shotgun as some where tree top

riverview

Founding Member
Founding Member
been pass shooting specs in with the snows. there seems to be lots of juvys this year.

Retired Educator

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Was in Saskatchewan the end of September, about 400 miles north of the border. Shot some snows but not nearly the numbers as usual. Weather there was about the same as here. 90+ degrees the day we arrived and a little cooler after that but certainly warmer than usual. Migration was certainly way behind normal.

LOV2HNT

Founding Member
Founding Member
This was south of Bismarck last Friday. Saw several fields with at least this many birds in them.
20241018_103427.jpg
20241018_103433.jpg

bigv

Founding Member
Founding Member
We have had a couple decent mallard hunts but mostly just locals. Its been so hot and dry alot of the water still has blue green algae. Im not taking a chance putting the dog in the water. If we dont get some snow this winter its going to be really bad over this way next year
Mallards I shot last weekend were northern birds. Not necessarily CN but at least ND. Fully green with fat on them. We are dry as heck here too. Maybe not as bad as you but pretty dry. Been a few years that I've had to bring a stake along to pound in the ground to get mojo stake in.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Mallards I shot last weekend were northern birds. Not necessarily CN but at least ND. Fully green with fat on them. We are dry as heck here too. Maybe not as bad as you but pretty dry. Been a few years that I've had to bring a stake along to pound in the ground to get mojo stake in.
Ya putting the silos in i have an easier time in frozen ground haha. We had a mix of really plumed out green heads and some that were just turning. Shot more wood ducks than ever before my friends got some good mounters so i guess staying warm has some bonus

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Good numbers of specks and cranes moving this weekend while pheasant hunting NC SD.
I was from mobirdge to bowdle and up to the border this weekend and it was pretty dead weekend before we had a good number of specks but they moved on. My kid drove home from watertown and said he saw a fair amount of birds around roscoe

bigv

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ya putting the silos in i have an easier time in frozen ground haha. We had a mix of really plumed out green heads and some that were just turning. Shot more wood ducks than ever before my friends got some good mounters so i guess staying warm has some bonus
Ya my son and I have killed a handful of woodies this year too. Still around! These are a couple decent ones.View attachment IMG_1264.jpeg

Attachments

IMG_1264.jpeg
5.2 MB · Views: 15

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 340
  • This month: 169
  • This month: 116
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 67