Trey declares

Fracman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Let him kneel in the NFL. Don’t let the door hit you on the way out!

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
With these highly sought after recruits universities need to make stipulations on their scholarships. If you bow out early you pay back all your scholarship money

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
With these highly sought after recruits universities need to make stipulations on their scholarships. If you bow out early you pay back all your scholarship money

Will the school be paying the athlete all of the money they made off them? In the case of a star athlete who leaves early to go to the pros, I guarantee they made more money for the university than the piddly amount they "received" in scholarship to go to school for 12 credits a semester for "sports recreation" degrees.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Will the school be paying the athlete all of the money they made off them? In the case of a star athlete who leaves early to go to the pros, I guarantee they made more money for the university than the piddly amount they "received" in scholarship to go to school for 12 credits a semester for "sports recreation" degrees.

Will the school pay the brilliant grad student who discovers a lucrative plant breed, chemical, pharmaceutical, mechanical device, lucrative patent, or discovery that leads to a whole new dept and millions in grant $$$$?

shedwalker

Founding Member
Founding Member
After Saturday's kneel and speech I lost a lot of respect for him and the Bison. The coach should have put an end to the matter.

martinslanding

Founding Member
Founding Member
It’s all about the $$$, with a weak draft class and the COVID crap, this is the best scenario for Trey to maximize is draft chances. He will get draft by crap team, with no help around him and make it about a half a season in as starter before becoming back-up in a few locations over a short 3-4 year NFL tenure…but he will have money

zoops

Founding Member
Founding Member

So if you get a job and the employer pays to train you for a couple years and then you leave for a better paying job, should you pay the company back for what they spent on you?

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member
No one should be forced to stay in college if they don’t want to be there. Any other student would not be required to pay back scholarships if they decided to leave early or even fail out. Dumb argument

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
So if you get a job and the employer pays to train you for a couple years and then you leave for a better paying job, should you pay the company back for what they spent on you?

LOL. Worst analogy ever?

The student athletes are supposed to be paying to attend classes, remember. What company do you work for that you pay the company while they train you?

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Some companies actually do make workers sign contracts to stay a certain period of time or else they are required to pay back the employers for training or some other certifications that were paid by the company.

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
Will the school pay the brilliant grad student who discovers a lucrative plant breed, chemical, pharmaceutical, mechanical device, lucrative patent, or discovery that leads to a whole new dept and millions in grant $$$$?
I think you missed my point, but you seem bitter about something Mr. Scientist...

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member
https://www.yahoo.com/sports/exclus...ce-declares-for-2021-nfl-draft-212608951.html ............................................................................................ I think he should have waited a year. But money talks before a career dampening or ending injury.

Why wait to be drafted if all the experts are saying that he will go first round. Why play anymore to potentially mess that up?

For UND and the rest of the MVFC this is awesome news but the Bison have a ton of depth so they will probably keep rolling.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
you goofballs do know that colleges and universities are supposed to be places where you pay to receive an education - right?

- - - Updated - - -

I think you missed my point, but you seem bitter about something Mr. Scientist...

I guess I did.

not bitter - just baffled

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think it is a big mistake as he is awful young. I can see why he did it for the bucks and afraid of injury or poor play.

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
So you guyz believe we'll have the nfl in 3-4 years?,seems folks around the country are fed up with they're polical bullshit just like the nba...now you say college ball has kneeler's? good grief,enough!

Twitch

Founding Member
Founding Member
So you guyz believe we'll have the nfl in 3-4 years?,seems folks around the country are fed up with they're polical bullshit just like the nba...now you say college ball has kneeler's? good grief,enough!

The other leagues could be in trouble, but the nfl isn’t going anywhere. Not enough people willing to stick to their guns for that monster to disappear

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
That’s a great point. They’re given a scholarship based on their ability to fill the stands. If they don’t hold up their end of the deal then they need to repay their scholarships

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
The other leagues could be in trouble, but the nfl isn’t going anywhere. Not enough people willing to stick to their guns for that monster to disappear

Not sure I agree twitch,this virus has empty stadiums,teams bowing to the left's narative could seal the envolope on the nfl.Must say as much as I liked watching pro ball on sunday's I haven't wasted one minute watching this season and don't miss it I here the same around my little town,infact one eatery (sports bar)boast's a "No Pro football" sunday sign flashing on they're building,place was packed last sunday as I drove by.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 171
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 126
  • This month: 111
  • This month: 92
  • This month: 89
  • This month: 88