Trey declares

zoops

Founding Member
Founding Member
Some companies actually do make workers sign contracts to stay a certain period of time or else they are required to pay back the employers for training or some other certifications that were paid by the company.

True, perhaps a better analogy would be that you need to repay the salary you've made.

Twitch

Founding Member
Founding Member
Not sure I agree twitch,this virus has empty stadiums,teams bowing to the left's narative could seal the envolope on the nfl.Must say as much as I liked watching pro ball on sunday's I haven't wasted one minute watching this season and don't miss it I here the same around my little town,infact one eatery (sports bar)boast's a "No Pro football" sunday sign flashing on they're building,place was packed last sunday as I drove by.

I’m on my 4th or 5th season since I quit watching and haven’t looked back, but I feel I’m in the minority. I used to be as big a fan as there was. Watched every Thursday night, all day Sunday, and Monday nights as well. I don’t miss it a bit but the fantasy leagues I left are going strong and most people can’t believe I haven’t caved. I stand by my statement, the nfl isn’t going anywhere

wjschmaltz

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Probably safe to say that in the rare case when an athlete leaves the college that gave him a chance to show off his skills to then make tens of millions of dollars, the school is probably getting 10X more back in donations from that athlete than their $20,000 they have invested in him. Not to mention the recruiting leverage they have with his story of UM not even giving him a chance at QB while NDSU turned him into a first rounder after one season is huge!

And to say that college is for education is laughable. College is so irrelevant in this world in 2020 that’s its just become a legal fraud scheme

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I hope ndsu does not take him back ever. The NFL can deal their way with this pile of crap. Db

risingsun

Founding Member
Founding Member
I hope ndsu does not take him back ever. The NFL can deal their way with this pile of crap. Db

His college sports days are over once he declares for a draft, whether he is drafted or not

zoops

Founding Member
Founding Member
His college sports days are over once he declares for a draft, whether he is drafted or not

Not exactly since there were guys who even hired agents this fall who were let back into college ball. Declaring alone doesn't eliminate the chance of coming back. But, Lance ain't coming back.

risingsun

Founding Member
Founding Member
Not exactly since there were guys who even hired agents this fall who were let back into college ball. Declaring alone doesn't eliminate the chance of coming back. But, Lance ain't coming back.

Current NFL rules state that a player must be at least three years removed from high school before entering the draft. NCAA rules do not allow players to return to college football once they declare for the draft, even if thy havene't used all of their NCAA eligibility. ( A player or his agent may ask the NFL Commissioner's office for special permission to enter the draft early. Special permission may be granted to a player three years removed from high school graduation. A player must forfeit his remaining college football eligibility to declare for the draft early. The player or his agent must mail a letter to the commissioner's office by that year's deadline.)

Last edited:

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Well he has his thing and fine and i would think a nfl team would think twice about taking him on with this outright stand on injustice just like that guy from the 49 who never got another chance. Some can bring a lot of baggage with them that will affect the team's abilities to win and their ability to focus on the game without side issues going on along with support from the fan base.

But i hope your right zoops about his chances of coming back to NDSU and i hope those in charge would not want him back. db

Riggen&Jiggen

Founding Member
Founding Member
I can understand why he is declaring for the draft with the covid situation and relatively low #s of quality college QBs to compete with in the draft. Financially on the short term he would be stupid not to declare. However long term this is a bad decision. Watching him last year you could see that he had potential for the NFL but needed at least another full year of college play. If he is forced to play right away he will be toast.

Marbleyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Not sure I agree twitch,this virus has empty stadiums,teams bowing to the left's narative could seal the envolope on the nfl.Must say as much as I liked watching pro ball on sunday's I haven't wasted one minute watching this season and don't miss it I here the same around my little town,infact one eatery (sports bar)boast's a "No Pro football" sunday sign flashing on they're building,place was packed last sunday as I drove by.

Snow, you do realize that all but 2 nfl owners are billionaires right? They didn’t become billionaires BECAUSE of the nfl teams they BOUGHT or inherited, they made their money BEFORE becoming owners. Will they lose some revenue going forward? Maybe, but are they going to just fold? No. Any possible revenue lost would be felt by the players in their contracts, not the owners bottom line. Not to mention the fact that most stadiums are payed for by state taxpayers which are still on the hook to pay for the stadiums. That doesn’t hurt the owners one bit.

★ Legendary Member
The lowest rated nba finals in history when people are starved for sports sure as hell is a good start.

Retired Educator

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Some companies actually do make workers sign contracts to stay a certain period of time or else they are required to pay back the employers for training or some other certifications that were paid by the company.

Yes some companies do require signing an agreement. However, ND is a right-to-work state. Usually such agreements are unenforceable .

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
BLM is a terrorist organization.

everyone knows black lives only matter when it is that very rare occasion that a white cop ends up killing a black man.
they sure don't matter at the abortion clinic, or the streets of Chicago, or in Rap music, or in gangs, etc...

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Snow, you do realize that all but 2 nfl owners are billionaires right? They didn’t become billionaires BECAUSE of the nfl teams they BOUGHT or inherited, they made their money BEFORE becoming owners. Will they lose some revenue going forward? Maybe, but are they going to just fold? No. Any possible revenue lost would be felt by the players in their contracts, not the owners bottom line. Not to mention the fact that most stadiums are payed for by state taxpayers which are still on the hook to pay for the stadiums. That doesn’t hurt the owners one bit.

Yup ,billionaires = smart business men,loss of revenue its time to bail,3-4 years of this blm B.S. tops,rich owners will invest elsewhere mpo.

FishSticks

Founding Member
Founding Member
Go get that first round money, Trey. I hope he has nothing less than a spectacular NFL career

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 53
  • This month: 44
  • This month: 36
  • This month: 33
  • This month: 31
  • This month: 27
  • This month: 20
  • This month: 19
  • This month: 18