10/22 Stuff

Prairie Doggin'

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Reviews of 10/22 takedown, or break down? Seems like a good design. Bought the Henry AR-7 years ago because I thought it was cool, but it kind of sucks. I'll still keep it, because it's neat, but like the Ruger concept more. Had a couple Russi 3-barrel systems before for my kids, because I loved that concept-20g,22,.243-but accuracy was non-existent. Seemed like the perfect "bug out gun" but fell short.

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Love my Ruger's. Bought my first pair in about 72 for a little over 100 each. Spent more in upgrades than they cost me and them some. From AR platforms to lasers they fun to play with. Got all the toys to fancy one up this winter just for kicks. Only thing that has never worked for me are the 50 and 100 round mags. The BX 25 work like a charm. LB

Retired Educator

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Bought mine probably at least 20 years ago and have only changed one thing. The original trigger was way to heavy for my liking. Think it cost me about $15 for installation of a much better trigger and is now so much nicer to shoot not to mention more accurate when you don't have to pull what must have been close to a 5-6# pull.

Just use it for plinking and removing some pests in the yard as well as letting Hunter Ed students (kids) shoot it when talking about semi-automatic firearms. Good for them to learn about semi-auto, loading and using clips, as well as how to safely handle a semi-automatic that reloads with every shot until magazine is empty.

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Have changed out the wood stocks on a couple and put on arch-angel stocks. with bi-pods and AR scopes and lights. They get heavy but look cool with double BX mags. One is set with laser for those skunks and coons that like to use my yard and garden at night. Load with segmented 22 rounds and they are nasty little machines that are fun to shoot. LB

Jigaman

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have a bunch of different 22 rifles but didnt have a 10/22 until a couple years ago. Nice rifle and shoots fine just not that exciting for me. I'm partial to tube fed rimfires.

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
The Israeli version would've stopped the "George Floyd" riots (not at all about "GF"--always seek the subtext) in short order: That may be a bit harsh for these retard rich college kids. I'm amending my previous "Red Ryders On Rooftops" plan to Chinese Powerline 880s.

I first noticed something "left" was afoot when I landed in GTMO in the early 90's and the Marines confiscated my 870/birdshot per direction of the Clintong State Dept/Madeline Alldull and given a long stick.

FWIW: Birdshot implemented for riot control is not to be fired directly upon an individual or crowd. POA is to (used to) be about ten feet low reducing pellet energy and hopefully adjusting attitudes through ricochet. IMO Mod 97/12's are more efficient in this capacity as the 870 doesn't allow for slam fire.

Which is more civilized? Proper use of a firearm or dodging rocks and shit while hitting motivated retards with sticks? GTMO was a Viet Nam Ultra Light fuckstory provided by the Democrat Party and the Clintongs.

1670732802995.png

1670733901329.png

Probably not intended: "They decide and the shotgun sings the song":

That is all.

Last edited:

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ruger 10/22 heavy barrel built in suppressor very sweet,someday in my gun cabinet, until then my old but trusty savage 22 long shooting hp quiet loads,does the trick,squrriel population in check today

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ruger 10/22 heavy barrel built in suppressor very sweet,someday in my gun cabinet, until then my old but trusty savage 22 long shooting hp quiet loads,does the trick,squrriel population in check today

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
The Quiets and CB's won't cycle an auto action. Some will "half push" then result in a lot of "thrashing". If you're still interested in our deal: PM:

I went back to STDV zero at 50yds--(five inches high @50yds from CB or Quiet @25) with HVHP groups "close enough". "Hellfire" 40gr shells print 3in high and 3in left. I wanted more FPE for turkey in the Hills with squirrel head accuracy/interchangeability. This seems only achievable @1250fps and below in my gun. I'm NOT going to re-zero for more MV as all .22lr go subsonic around 75yds. Transonic forces are a bitch and not worth trying for a group @100yds within my practical hunting trajectory. You can't kill something "more" dead. Higher bullet weight may be beneficial for coyote or poaching but not to my standard of accuracy. I like cheese.

That is all.

Last edited:

Zogman

Founding Member
Founding Member
YUP, I pulled the trigger, literally. Ordered a new/better trigger for the old 10/22.
I have also started sorting my 22 shells by the ones that group the best in this gun.

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
The Quiets and CB's won't cycle an auto action. Some will "half push" then result in a lot of "thrashing". If you're still interested in our deal: PM:

I went back to STDV zero at 50yds--(five inches high @50yds from CB or Quiet @25) with HVHP groups "close enough". "Hellfire" 40gr shells print 3in high and 3in left. I wanted more FPE for turkey in the Hills with squirrel head accuracy/interchangeability. This seems only achievable @1250fps and below in my gun. I'm NOT going to re-zero for more MV as all .22lr go subsonic around 75yds. Transonic forces are a bitch and not worth trying for a group @100yds with my practical hunting trajectory. You can't kill something "more" dead. Higher bullet weight may be beneficial for coyote or poaching but not to my standard of accuracy. I like cheese.

That is all.
Agreed sv,shooting these quiet loads one needs a bolt or pump,shot placement is all over the b o ard,good news is only one round usually finds its mark.

Jigaman

Founding Member
Founding Member

I went back to STDV zero at 50yds--(five inches high @50yds from CB or Quiet @25) with HVHP groups "close enough". "Hellfire" 40gr shells print 3in high and 3in left. I wanted more FPE for turkey in the Hills with squirrel head accuracy/interchangeability. This seems only achievable @1250fps and below in my gun. I'm NOT going to re-zero for more MV as all .22lr go subsonic around 75yds. Transonic forces are a bitch and not worth trying for a group @100yds within my practical hunting trajectory. You can't kill something "more" dead. Higher bullet weight may be beneficial for coyote or poaching but not to my standard of accuracy. I like cheese.

That is all.
Mostly true. There are some autos that will cycle them reliably. Remington 552 and 550-1 will cycle shorts. I have both rifles. 552 is prettier but 550-1 shoots better IMO.

Wall-eyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Never heard of quiet rounds in 22 very interesting

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
Mostly true. There are some autos that will cycle them reliably. Remington 552 and 550-1 will cycle shorts. I have both rifles. 552 is prettier but 550-1 shoots better IMO.
That's nuts! Are the barrels stamped for all three lengths?

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Never heard of quiet rounds in 22 very interesting
Yes wall,very sweet rd,710fps,no 22 crack,makes less noise than my 177 pellet rifle spitting 40gr long rifle,great critter load that won't alarm noisy neighbors.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 53
  • This month: 44
  • This month: 35
  • This month: 32
  • This month: 31
  • This month: 27
  • This month: 20
  • This month: 19
  • This month: 18