10/22 Stuff

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
^^^^out of a long barrel. They crack like hell out of a handgun and are decently "loud" out of an automatic or a 16in rifle. IME.

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
^^^^out of a long barrel. They crack like hell out of a handgun and are decently "loud" out of an automatic or a 16in rifle. IME.

Local cop buddy uses 9mm quiet rds ,duty pistola,not to loud unless indoors,same with my 22lg shooting inside my barn but get the muzzle beyond the barn walls,just a poof sound,22" barrel.

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have a 21" bbl--same deal. If you shoot one of these out of a 16in auto the report is as/more significant than a pellet gun.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
mrs john won a Henry golden boy a few years back, it has its place stacked in the safe with all the other guns that have had a dozen rounds through them, and now reside comfortably in the safe for the boy to do with as he one day will.

Wish I had more of a zest as I used to for this plinking and what not, as of now I shoot pheasants a few days a year, and trap in the summer months. Haven't shot my long guns in years as getting a tag has been excruciating.

I would be the proper weight iffn I was 8 ft tall.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
FWIW: Birdshot implemented for riot control is not to be fired directly upon an individual or crowd. POA is to (used to) be about ten feet low reducing pellet energy and hopefully adjusting attitudes through ricochet. IMO Mod 97/12's are more efficient in this capacity as the 870 doesn't allow for slam fire.
Pass me a 12, 25, or 37 before a 97 please. All 3 are far less Rube Goldbergish than the '97.

In regards to the OP, I did a Timney group with under-lever magazine release on a Magnum Research Carbon 22 Mag that made me happier than the issued trigger.

I replaced the trigger in my AMT Lightning 25/22 as well but I can't recall which I put in.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 29
  • This month: 26
  • This month: 21
  • This month: 15
  • This month: 14
  • This month: 12
  • This month: 11
  • This month: 11