Underwater camera

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ran into a classic cass of the camera being far more useful then the vex yesterday. No matter where we went the vex would light up lite a Christmas tree but basically no bites. Drop the camera down there and it becomes instantaneously clear why, there were hundreds and hundreds of five inch perch down on the bottom. Did see a couple schools of jumbos come thru right off the bat but after that all dinks. Now my buddy only knew there were fish down there but had no way of knowing how big they were since they would often come up 10 or 20 at a time looking like huge mark on the graph but the camera told the real tale of what was going on. Never seen a lake quite like that one it was so bad that I took my line out of the hole and for 20 minutes just watched the camera and they never stopped Swimming by wave after wave after wave of tiny little perch without a single break.

20181216_105146.jpg

Screenshot_20181217-022239.jpg

Jm1986

Founding Member
Founding Member
I had bought a used marcum a few years back because I thought I needed it. In reality all the lakes I fish are way to dirty to see anything. When the water is clear it’s an amazing tool to have. But only being able to use it once a year isn’t worth it to me. I sold it and took the money to the Fargo ice show to buy other things that I never had but now I decided that I need them. I wouldn’t be opposed to buying another camera that’s not so expensive and using it in the permanent for people that don’t have a flasher or don’t go fishing as much as myself to keep them entertained.

huntorride365

Founding Member
Founding Member
Nothing like watching a fish hit a lure on a camera, especially a big northern. Also good way to learn how fish react; sometimes jigging scares them off, sometimes brings them in. I have a Vexilar. Downside is it's useless last and first 45 minutes or so of the day. Very good for learning and amusement, occupying the rest of the day.

BotnoJoe

Founding Member
Founding Member
update on the goofy camera: Overall I am happy with the camera so far. I have not used very many other cameras but this one seems to have good clarity. The battery dies very fast if it is used outside of a shelter in the cold, but it does have good battery life if used in a shelter. I've even caught a few fish that I likely would not have without the camera. The cam would be a pain to "aim" without the camera panner that I also bought with it. You can tell some of the materials are cheaply made but the camera itself and the cable seem to be well made. I would recommend this camera to anyone looking to stretch their dollar and is fine without having the best of the best

risingsun

Founding Member
Founding Member
update on the goofy camera: Overall I am happy with the camera so far. I have not used very many other cameras but this one seems to have good clarity. The battery dies very fast if it is used outside of a shelter in the cold, but it does have good battery life if used in a shelter. I've even caught a few fish that I likely would not have without the camera. The cam would be a pain to "aim" without the camera panner that I also bought with it. You can tell some of the materials are cheaply made but the camera itself and the cable seem to be well made. I would recommend this camera to anyone looking to stretch their dollar and is fine without having the best of the best
I have a 7 inch just like yours. Doesnt compare to the marcum I got rid of. Will get rid of mine for 75. if anyone interested.

GSM

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have a 7 inch just like yours. Doesnt compare to the marcum I got rid of. Will get rid of mine for 75. if anyone interested.
Do you have a link of what yours is? Where you located?

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 171
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 126
  • This month: 111
  • This month: 92
  • This month: 89
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 82