Plenty wet over here.

ndfinfan

★★★★★ Legendary Member
In 40 years in construction I have never seen a construction contract that did not have a clause for delays due to excessive rainfall/moisture problems. You have to include average anticipated rainfall/moisture in your schedule, but when you can point to more than the 10 year average rainfall (or whatever average is in the contract) and that this year exceeds the numbers included in the contract, the contractor is owed a contract extension.

Additionally, at least with our federal contracts, we have a "winter exclusion" period...typically 1 Nov thru 1 Apr. This period does not count against the total contract Period of Performance.

sl1000794

Founding Member
Founding Member
believe what you want but sddot made a contractor pave the road and then the next year mill it off and re pave it at their cost. I am not going of thinking or guessing it is straight hard ass facts as I have worked for dot and now private.

Seems to me that the paving contractor would have clear grounds to sue for excess costs if the temperatures were below what the specifications allow paving to be installed.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Seems to me that the paving contractor would have clear grounds to sue for excess costs if the temperatures were below what the specifications allow paving to be installed.

they were not done by October 15th . Here’s how it works with the dot... you loose.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 171
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 126
  • This month: 111
  • This month: 92
  • This month: 89
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 82