Electronic Posting

CAH

Founding Member
Founding Member
No discussion of the new electronic posting law Burgum just signed? Looks like the farmers are getting their way once again.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
No surprise. So does the law read only the “land owner” can post it?

Ruttin

Founding Member
Founding Member
If the two ladie RINOS from SE ND have anything to do with it no one would be able to hunt or fish anywhere in ND

AR-15

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Will be a lot of illegal hunting going on now

wslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Dip shit needs to be removed from office. Just catering to himself and his rich landowner buddies. Pretty much assumes "every hunter" has the electronics, technology and knowhow to look this shit up. I know of some older people that hunt that don't have the foggiest idea how to navigate on the internet to find out if something is posted, so their screwed. Not everyone out in the field has a smart phone, so their screwed. My guess with the telemarketing bullshit going on, 95% of the landowners are not going to answer your call to ask for permission. Oh, and you better go buy your Platt book because you will probably need legal land description of what you are interested in hunting.
As a Spot and Stalk hunter, I sure hope I have patient animals while I look things up " Thanks Alot Dougie".

Founding Member
Founding Member
628977...unfortunately, hunting is NOT a right, it is a privilege that can be taken away from you. A right cannot be taken away. And just for the record, I do not support electronic posting.

zoops

Founding Member
Founding Member
I imagine that most land that people want to keep you off of will still be marked with physical signs, this is just going to be another thing to be a pain in the butt. How in the world are they going to get people the "password" to post land, being that so many landowners are absentee? Seems like it could be easily abused.

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
There is often no cell service where I hunt. I hunt posted land. Still people sneak in nd vandalize my blind. It will be worse not better with this stupid electronic posting. This is simply a vindictive move by those who could not get automatic posting. The modern market hunters (outfitters) love this.

RPNLPS

★★★★★ Legendary Member
628977...unfortunately, hunting is NOT a right, it is a privilege that can be taken away from you. A right cannot be taken away. And just for the record, I do not support electronic posting.

Telling someone it’s not there right to do something is just plain ballsy you may be the one being hunted after a comment like that.
Black Lives Matter so do Hunting Lives Matter
I’d like to see any one who thinks they can tell someone else what to do when that person owns a gun! We will fight for this country in the end even against our own! Good luck carry on!

FishSticks

Founding Member
Founding Member
This will be a huge decline for land access. Won't be long until everything is pay to play...The end of freelance hunting is upon us.

NDbowman

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm a rancher that owns land and post the best stuff that I want to hunt. I don't support this, I can see what a shit show its going to be. No cell service, some people that can't, don't, or won't use electronics to figure out what is posted and what is not is just going to lead to confusion. There will be lots of trespassers that will just claim oh I didn't know it was posted even if they do know that it is. It won't be good for landowners or hunters IMO.

Duckslayer100

Founding Member
Founding Member
Burgum said the new law makes North Dakota the first state in the nation to allow electronic posting of private land.
The law takes effect Aug. 1, 2021.
Under North Dakota law, all land has been considered open to entry for any purpose unless it properly posted for no trespassing.

IMHO, if that bold part wasn't there, we'd definitely be screwed. As it stands, I'm not too tore up about it.

That is, until it's changed to "all land is assumed closed for entry unless otherwise noted."

Also, this:

[FONT=&quot]The new law has two components. It defines a fence and prohibits entry into an area enclosed by a well-maintained fence able to hold livestock to anyone but lawful hunters and fishermen. It also allows landowners the option of electronically posting their land for no trespassing or using physical signs as in the past. The electronic database will give hunters information for where to contact landowners to obtain permission for entering land.[/FONT]

So, to me, if you're a licensed hunter or angler and a fenced-in area isn't posted, you can legally enter it.

Last edited:

Petras

Founding Member
Founding Member

ndlongshot

Founding Member
Founding Member
There will be lots of trespassers that will just claim oh I didn't know it was posted even if they do know that it is. It won't be good for landowners or hunters IMO.

Fixing this problem with slam your head against the wall ENFORCEMENT is the real solution to this barely existent so called "problem".

- - - Updated - - -

Also, this:

The new law has two components. It defines a fence and prohibits entry into an area enclosed by a well-maintained fence able to hold livestock to anyone but lawful hunters and fishermen. It also allows landowners the option of electronically posting their land for no trespassing or using physical signs as in the past. The electronic database will give hunters information for where to contact landowners to obtain permission for entering land.

So, to me, if you're a licensed hunter or angler and a fenced-in area isn't posted, you can legally enter it.

Posted physically, or electronically. Gotta check both now. One more hoop to jump.

Most hard ass landowners will still post their land physically. But if something is unposted, you cannot assume it isnt' posted electronically. Gotta check your phone first. Steinwand did mention that it will be a year long commitment "this year", but in the future he expects it to evolve into having hte ability to turn things off and on on a whim. Those rules should be interesting and won't be complicated AT ALL i'm sure. :::

- - - Updated - - -

For the record, you are wrong... ND made hunting and fishing a constitutional right in the year 2000.... https://ballotpedia.org/Article_XI,_North_Dakota_Constitution#Section_27

Its a right, yes. But it doesnt give you the RIGHT to do it on other peoples property. That is theirs. I hate this crap to high heaven. I think its terrible. But private land rights are extremely important to preserve with the current status of whats going on in this country.

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Looks like me and my trusty "FLIP PHONE" and maybe my LAB will be going to jail this fall!!!!!!!!!! LB

riverview

Founding Member
Founding Member
they tried to get the land posting law changed by a vote it failed now they are going to get it done this way. its all BS

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Telling someone it’s not there right to do something is just plain ballsy you may be the one being hunted after a comment like that.
Black Lives Matter so do Hunting Lives Matter
I’d like to see any one who thinks they can tell someone else what to do when that person owns a gun! We will fight for this country in the end even against our own! Good luck carry on!

Do you need a license to hunt? Hunting is not a right it is a privilege you can get taken away for many reasons like being behind on child support. I dont ever want to be associated with black lives matters and comparing people who hunt to it is boarding on going full retard. While this law is a step in the wrong direction no one is going to start a civil war over it hell for the last year actual rights have been trampled on again and again and all the internet warriors keep talking about what they are going to do. This is the kind of rhetoric makes it harder for conservatives to be taking seriously.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 105
  • This month: 99
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 75
  • This month: 63
  • This month: 56
  • This month: 55