Electronic Posting

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
The present property tax system is broken and needs to be revamped or eliminated as they are forcing property owners to pay taxes on their fictitious number or what essentially are UNREALIZED GAINS.

Zogman

Founding Member
Founding Member
It is idiotic when it doesn't change the spending which is the root cause of the issue.
What the larger cities spend on BS is crazy. The city of GF spent 80,000 on a rock that is supposed to look like a Praire Rose. which it does NOT. Scare tactics will keep this from passing. I will vote for it mainly because of the frivolous spending that the large cities do. I would enjoy the panic by the Magnificent 7 here in GF if it passes.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Eliminating property taxes will only make it worse quicker. Big money buying land will further gravitate to a place without property tax. I mostly appreciate Becker but this idea is idiotic.
Big money could care less about property taxes

MuleyMadness

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I was very against electronic posting when they were talking about it. Now that it is here and I have experienced it. I have totally changed my opinion on it and wish it would all go electronically. Having people do both is totally confusing and makes no sense which is what I think they intended in the first place to get people to go with it. If it is all EP you can make a plan from your couch before you even leave days before your hunt.

Wirehair

Founding Member
Founding Member
We have posted electronically the past two years. We allow limited access and accommodate youth hunters when possible given the small parcels that we have. That said, we have experienced trespassing on both parcels of land. I am not sure that it is intentional (both times the individuals insisted that they did not realize the properties were posted), this year we have also put up "No Hunting / Trespassing without permission signage." Will see if that helps.

riverview

Founding Member
Founding Member
its just one step closer to the whole state being no trespass. Believe it or not everybody doesn't have cell phones.

zoops

Founding Member
Founding Member
its just one step closer to the whole state being no trespass. Believe it or not everybody doesn't have cell phones.
I believe this is the case as well - make it a hassle so no one even thinks of unposted land anymore. Believe it or not there are farmers that do not mind if people hunt their land and don't want their phone ringing every day. I would agree with the OP that it is a pain to have to be constantly checking my phone, plus checking for posted signs.

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have been pondering this push to eliminate taxes. Farming allowes so many right offs would they be paying any taxes if the property tax is eliminated? You know they will not cut the budget so they will increase another tax or invent a new one. Who will pay those taxes? It's for sure those on salaries will pay, but will business or farmers? I have many questions and reservations. It sounds good on the surface, but I'm afraid we are jumping from the frying pan into the fire.

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I have seen the rock in Grand Forks. A prairie rose eh.
Next time there need to go look again. db

Got rock piles on farm that mean more.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93