130-year-old shipwreck in North Dakota visible due to drought

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Allen I believe that elevator would scare the crap out of me just knowing how tall most of those old wooden elevators were back then. It really is unfortunate that the native people lost there agriculture land to the rising waters, it was for the better of the entire Missouri Valley and when it comes to progress someone is going to be unhappy. That link that dani posted was pretty neat by the way

https://ndgishub.nd.gov/arcgis/rest/services/Imagery/AerialImage_ND_19571962/ImageServer?f=jsapi

This was interesting to see what the state looks like back then you can even import a gis file into Google earth pro to look at how the land has developed in nearly 70 years.

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Thank you Lunk for putting up that link. I was able to show my wife where I grew up at with all the buildings and trees. Even the old country one room school house that I went too for 6 years. All the farm steads that are gone now. Brought back a lot of memories even some places I forgot. Thanks again. LB

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I am actually not the first person to introduce the link to the nda members but I bring it up from time to time especially when one wants to look back in a world that has changed so much. I have to give credit to Davey for he is the one who posted this link first. I am really glad you like it LBrandt, I have also used it to show what life was like back then and yes It really does refreshen up the memories that were there in their minds that just needed a little bit of information to open up that time in thier lives.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
There's old foudations coming out by Yates. Old Hwy coming out by Mobridge.

westwolfone

Founding Member
Founding Member
Correct, just south of the Steckel Boat Landing and not far from the shoreline. I want to take my drone up there and capture it.

Someone must have done that, I saw it on youtube today. (boating news of the week)

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 171
  • This month: 144
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 126
  • This month: 112
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 92
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 83