North Dakota values on life

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member

grumster

★★★★ Legendary Member
I’ve had a few opportunities to chase more money going east, no thank you. I love it here.. I find winter is what you make it.

Good read.

CatDaddy

Founding Member
Founding Member
Minnesota isn’t a option for me.. way too much purple....duel...
I'm a life-long Vikings fan, which seems to contradict my stance on moving to Mpls......so in the spirit of hypocracy:

1708406876932.png

1708406932945.png

1708406994011.png

Last edited:

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
Cherish what you have back in the Dakotas, as other places have way more crime and corruption.
Car jackings, illegal aliens crimes, rapes, robberies,drug busts, gang shootings of people at home or walking down the street, shootings and stabbings, murders, hit and run, and so on.
It is crazy to listen to the news that we get out of the Valley (Phoenix ).
This isn't the once great Country that we grew up in!
Payson is a nice town the size of Jimtown in NoDak. Around 60% or more retired. We don't have nearly the crime but do have big drug busts as people hauling dope through here to the other States.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
The little city in which I live would never have been on my radar as a 20 something. Now as an older fella, I could never move back to a bigger city, there is no soul in such a place.
"Grew up" in Underwood/Bismarck.

Majored in Chemistry in GoatRoperVille (Dickinson) and moved to to Little Minneapolis (Fargo) in 1987 to study Chemistry more because it's so exciting. 🥴

My intention was to head back west but fate had a different plan for me. Some good, mostly horseshiit.

Both places have changed a lot since then - not sure which suffered more from change for the worse.

Probably Fargo - after Obama got done with implementing his "fundamental reshaping" of America.

luvcatchingbass

Founding Member
Founding Member
Had an apartment in Fargo from 2005'ish - 2009 when I couldn't take it anymore so bought a house in a little town with 300+/- people and 2 paved streets, now on the family farm 12-15mi from my first house and 35-40mi from Fargo.
Funny part about the apartment was I was barely there as I either worked out of town or when I was home was at the farm, lots of months I was only there 8 days. What started getting me was out of town work slowed down and had to work in town which was fine but then I had to live there, it was just too much for me and needed some space and less pavement

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84