2016 Tracker Pro Guide V-16 SC

NDhunter08

Founding Member
Founding Member
For the past month or so, I've been looking into buying my first boat. I've been around boats and have operated them somewhat, but have never had a boat of my own. I was just curious if anyone on here has had any experience with the 2016 tracker pro guide v-16? My buddy said this would be a good beginners boat. Most of the fishing I'd do would be on North Dakota lakes. I went and checked out this boat in the store and it looked like there was quite a bit of room for fishing. If anyone has any info on this boat, it would be much appreciated!

Sum1

Founding Member
Founding Member
Pretty shnazzy little boat. Nothing wrong with Trackers. If it suits your needs, thats all that matters. I had a comparably lund that was darn near identical to that one. I miss that boat.

ndfinfan

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I bought a 2016 Tracker Pro Guide V16-WT...had it out on the water twice so far...love it! I got the 75HP motor...can get a 60, 75, or a 90. Wasn't sure 60 would be enough, thought the extra $1,000 was worth having the 75. I had a smaller bass boat...wanted something a little more stable for getting on Sakakawea...probably still will not venture out when the winds are bad...no fun to fish in that anyway! So far so good...I ordered mine back in February...took about 6 weeks to get to my dealer from Tracker...just FYI. Good luck...

Sub_Elect

Founding Member
Founding Member
They look nice. I would think it to be a perfect starter boat. If you love it than you can step up to one of their larger offerings. Check out Crystal Pierz Marine in Fargo. I have great things to say about Eric Nesius as a salesman and the store manager, Craig, is a super great guy they will take good care of you.

wildeyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
if you can max the motor out, I bought a crestliner sc with a 75hp on it the boat was rated for a 90hp I bought the 90hp last year and tell you the truth the boat is way better now. a 16 ft boat is prefect for the river or small lakes.

NDhunter08

Founding Member
Founding Member
Thanks for all the info! I think I might have to pull the trigger..

Dad

Founding Member
Founding Member
I got a 2005 last year with only 10 hours. I really like it, good setup. I only thing I would do different is 4 stroke motor and max/bigger motor. I can go about 26/28 mph with 50 on the back. The single console gives it a very open layout which is nice. If you can, upgrade the trolling motor - I gave the 42lb away and dropped 80lb I-pilot on the front. I put the extra battery in front and it didn't create any issues. For smaller boat, lot of storage and space.

bigv

Founding Member
Founding Member
I looked at a new Tracker boat in Fargo a few years ago. Kinda wished I bought one. Ended up with a Lund. I really like the lund but would have never bought it new due to crazy prices. Trackers have come a long ways in the boat world. Years ago they were a bit behind in quality but in the research I did when looking they have really stepped up. Only issue now is up in the north country is their resell isn't the best. Not real popular here yet. However in the south they are in the top 1 or 2 selling boats and have super resale.

JoGa

Founding Member
Founding Member
I took a good look at these. I think they are a good deal. But, I ended up going fiberglass, Stratos.

PapaWoodie

Founding Member
Founding Member
My first boat about 10 years ago was this same model, with walk thru windshield. Loved it! Great setup. Bought it in MN as I lived in Duluth, and used it on Lake Superior (mounted down riggers even). Handles waves excellent. My only drawback was it came with a 50hp motor. I think back then that model maxed at 60.....was definitely way under powered! I could get about 25-26mph out of it. Hard to get it to plane out! Not a single mechanical issue with the boat. Price was definitely right! For a beginner, choose the biggest motor you can, and pull the trigger! You wont regret it!

Tji

I got the 2015 pro v175cb with 115 merc. I like it alot so far only thing i dislike is the rear livewell it hs no overfill

Tji

I ment it has no overfill port you run it over pretty easy and I tried to use the tubes that go in the drain but fish keep knocking them out

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Wow... Never heard such a thing!

- - - Updated - - -

Oh... Vertical tubes that water drains down into like an aquarium or toilet?

Taylorman55

Founding Member
Founding Member
I just checked out trackers website. That little 16 foot tiller for about 10k is a pretty sweet little boat. Great little tailrace/river boat for the price.. but then again… a guy could find a good used lund with a 40-50 hp for around that price too.

Sub_Elect

Founding Member
Founding Member
I just checked out trackers website. That little 16 foot tiller for about 10k is a pretty sweet little boat. Great little tailrace/river boat for the price.. but then again… a guy could find a good used lund with a 40-50 hp for around that price too.

Sure, it would be a nice little used boat. If he goes Tracker than he will get a new boat with a warranty and a warranty on the motor.

Taylorman55

Founding Member
Founding Member
Sure, it would be a nice little used boat. If he goes Tracker than he will get a new boat with a warranty and a warranty on the motor.

Yes sir! Having a new boat does give some peace of mind! I don't really think a guy can go wrong with a new boat for 10-15k. A even half decent warranty makes the choice pretty easy I'd think.

Callem'In

Founding Member
Founding Member
Has Tracker boats gotten better? A few years back, you would get bashed/made fun of for owning a Tracker. I see that their warranty has improved. Anyone have one that is 2 years old or less that can chime in about quality?

Sub_Elect

Founding Member
Founding Member
I will be running a Nitro ZV21 as of October. They sold me! Outstanding rig, and 350 VRod is pretty sweet as well.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 29
  • This month: 19
  • This month: 18
  • This month: 14
  • This month: 12
  • This month: 12
  • This month: 11
  • This month: 10
  • This month: 9