Best kicks?

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
It's why 90% of grumpy old men mow their lawn wearing them.

90% of grumpy old men can't be wrong.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
BTW @Vollmer - is it possible to keep adding new fast replies to the bottom of your previous post like the old site?

These stand-alone individual posts for "and one more thing" type replies are sorta lame.

OR - I could simply learn to hit the edit button. : )

Last edited:

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I sit in my boat 97% of the day. Never felt the need to stand and fish, maybe you guys are casting a lot?

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
At age 52, I'm starting to experience Plantar Fasciitis (sp). It sucks. First thing in the morning, my heels hurt pretty bad. Saw a doc, and he said my days of wearing crappy shoes are over. No more Vans, Dudes, Converse, Airwalks. No more going barefoot. And I went barefoot a lot!

So, Brooks are the shoes he recommended, or if I want sandals, he said Chaco brand. He said "it's up to you, but if you want to feel better, take care of your feet".

I've been wearing Brooks all summer, and it's much much better. It apparently takes a while to reverse the years of wear and tear on my feet, and I'm not terribly overweight, so it could have been much worse.
PF (and tendon damage in general) is hard to reverse because the Achilles and many other tendons are poorly perfused.

Brooks Beast for actual exercise or walking about have helped my heels a lot.

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
At age 52, I'm starting to experience Plantar Fasciitis (sp). It sucks. First thing in the morning, my heels hurt pretty bad. Saw a doc, and he said my days of wearing crappy shoes are over. No more Vans, Dudes, Converse, Airwalks. No more going barefoot. And I went barefoot a lot!

So, Brooks are the shoes he recommended, or if I want sandals, he said Chaco brand. He said "it's up to you, but if you want to feel better, take care of your feet".

I've been wearing Brooks all summer, and it's much much better. It apparently takes a while to reverse the years of wear and tear on my feet, and I'm not terribly overweight, so it could have been much worse.

I was told the same thing like 10 years ago that Brooks are the best tennis shoe for support. The Doctor made me some special insoles for me, they helped some but not great and were super expensive. Move down here to AZ, so one day last year while my bride was doing Chemo, I went to the Brooks dealer in Scottsdale and got another pair of Brooks and told her about my disappointment with the special made insoles. She recommended I try the Insoles that she gets from Italy. They are the SALUBER COMFORT INSOLES and after 1 1/2 years they are working great. They make different ones but she recommended the Comfort model and that works perfect for me and now my bride also. Put them in my Brooks and I have fixed my Plantar Fasciitis. You can order these insoles online if you can't find them locally.
Worked great for me and hope they do for you also.
SALUBER INSOLES.jpg

Last edited:

MuskyManiac

Founding Member
Founding Member
I work with a company that makes waterproof custom orthotics. I use them in my Merrell sandals. They even make flip-flops with a 100% custom orthotic built in, although I personally do not wear flip-flops. If you have foot problems and have never had custom inserts made, you are really missing out. Spendy but worth every cent.

merrell-choprock-men.png

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
I was told the same thing like 10 years ago that Brooks are the best tennis shoe for support. The Doctor made me some special insoles for me, they helped some but not great and were super expensive. Move down here to AZ, so one day last year while my bride was doing Chemo, I went to the Brooks dealer in Scottsdale and got another pair of Brooks and told her about my disappointment with the special made insoles. She recommended I try the Insoles that she gets from Italy. They are the SALUBER COMFORT INSOLES and after 1 1/2 years they are working great. They make different ones but she recommend the Comfort model and that works perfect for me and now my bride also. Put them in my Brooks and I have fixed my Plantar Fasciitis. You can order these insoles online if you can't find them locally.
Worked great for me and hope they do for you also.
SALUBER INSOLES.jpg
Thanks! I may have to try them out. I see that they're spendy, but when it hurts to walk, who cares? I mean, why would I clutch my wallet, and hobble around?

DakotaGreg

Established Member
There is getting to be more information concerning minimalist footwear. I wear slipons for everyday and boat. Olukai because scheels carries it. I dont like any shoe or boot thats heavy, constrictive, or distorts the natural shape/movement of feet.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 115
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 91
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 73
  • This month: 69