New State Record Walleye Caught any truth?

Founding Member
Founding Member
Great news indeed!!
Pretty sure that was thier 2nd one over 15 this spring too! #$%^&>;:;bowdown:;:cheers

I have pics and it looks 15.1 also, amazing!
walleye record brothers 15.1 (3).jpg
ok_1549349557729.jpg
I can't believe all the teeners this year! Who needs to go to Winnipeg, Tobin, Erie or the Columbia any more! Ha ha

Last edited:

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
Great news indeed.
Pretty sure that was thier 2nd one over 15 this spring too! #$%^&>;:;bowdown

Yep according to one of the articles i read, His brother caught a 15.01 earlier this year. Supposedly this guys biggest had only been 24" though :;:huh

Sum1

Founding Member
Founding Member
Photo shop. Look at the guys fingers compared to the fish. Fish on scales belly is way to big to be real. He doesn’t have a sparkly boat. Would be a good pickler none the less. I’ve seen a ton of fifteen pound walleye, his one is lucky to be pushing six pounds.

Chas'n Tail

Founding Member
Founding Member
So where’s this video I hear about? Would love to see that too. Man I’m just giddy today after seeing this! ITS ABOUT DAMN TIME!

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
Anyone hardcore enough to be out there this morning in this rain and cold definitely deserves it. Definitely going to have to swing by the ramp tomorrow and play count the shore fisherman cuz I'm betting the counts going to be a little higher than normal.;:;boozer

Last edited:

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
How old would that fish be? It would be nice to know.
My question is how big would that fish have been if we hadn't had the catastrophic drop in Bait fish after the flood? Probably still be the same since she clearly didn't have trouble finding food but it makes a guy wonder.

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yesterday was pretty normal at the ramp but went by midday today and there were a piss pile of shore fishermen downstream of the ramp! Always love the people that park on the no parking turnaround area at the far end.....apparently the no parking signs dont count for them!:;:lame

Ericb

Founding Member
Founding Member
The interstate north was a ghost town this weekend. Kind of nice.

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just thank SD for their slots. :::[/QUOTE

GFP fisheries crews wrapped up spawning efforts over the weekend.They ended on a high note with this 17 pounder caught and released in the Grand River area of Lake Oahe. With the eggs collected Saturday, crews met the goal of 130 million eggs taken statewide. #SDintheField

image.jpg

Last edited:

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
Anyone hardcore enough to be out there this morning in this rain and cold definitely deserves it. Definitely going to have to swing by the ramp tomorrow and play count the shore fisherman cuz I'm betting the counts going to be a little higher than normal.;:;boozer

It actually wasn't bad at about 6:30, and later at maybe 9-ish. Saturday afternoon they put the courtesy dock in.

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
A co-worker is buddies with the guy, and the Game and Fish aged the fish, I guess.

Aging it at 17 years old.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 154
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 91