2017 Deer Lottery

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
The only deer tag I plan on having in ND is an Archery Tag. My known rifle hunts will be MT Combo Tag.....$1037 or and a MN Non-Resident Deer Gun....$165. I got tired of the "ND Fall Hunt Planning Prevention System" currently in use which works perfectly as it takes so long to find out if you have a tag a guy is unable to PLAN their fall hunting. If I get a ND firearms tag, rifle or muzzy, I'll fit it into my already planned hunts.

arrowdem

Founding Member
Founding Member
A speed goat tag? You really believe there will be any of those left after gratis for the general applicants???
a boy can dream

- - - Updated - - -

i actually kinda hope i dont get an antelope tag this year because its way outta the way for everything else, if i managed a muzzy tag tho i would spend a lot of time out west chasing mule deer with the bow and find myself one of them illusive giant whitetails roaming the hills out there also and maybe get back out after him!

SerchforPerch

★★★ Legendary Member
They are also cross checking to make sure there aren't double dippers. If a parcel has already been claimed, they are checking to make sure other people aren't claiming the same parcel. It is a pain in the ass, but they are doing due diligence to make sure people aren't gaming the system.

But like said, people are getting smarter. A family can "lease", "rent", ect a parcel and divy up what used to be 1000 acres and 1 gratis to 5 or 6 gratis tags. The rules also allow family to hunt on the other parcels
"A person, that person’s spouse, and their children who have a gratis deer license may hunt together on any qualifying land described on any of their licenses provided they hunt within the same unit in which their described land is located."

..... I don't believe this state has an adequate amount of Game Wardens to keep people honest, but What percentage of deer do you think are shot on described/qualifying land as indicated on their licenses??

Downrigger

Founding Member
Founding Member
..... I don't believe this state has an adequate amount of Game Wardens to keep people honest, but What percentage of deer do you think are shot on described/qualifying land as indicated on their licenses??

I'd say the percentage is high especially in ND where people invest into their deer hunting with blinds, feed, etc. Its not 100% because I'm sure there are some that believe the Gratis tag is a State Wide Tag but I'd still say it is a good percentage. As far as family members breaking up land, it happens and it is what it is. If they found a way to close the loophole it would mean more people would have the opportunity for a tag but not that there would be more land open to hunt.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
my season is shaping up and with the kid able to hunt bucks this year going to be busy. West river any deer i am going after mule deer unless a big white tail happens to walk by. east river white tail. should draw state wide muzzy tag. Got a bow this year but not enough practice so not getting a tag. The one i look forward to the most is the trip to Idaho for elk

Yoby

Founding Member
Founding Member
According to last years data, my wife and I have a 54% chance of drawing. I don't have my hopes up. I have my bow tag for ND already, but with selling our property and moving to SD, I have little hopes of finding a place to get in a stand. This year the only thing I can look forward to is shotgun hunting in MN. Its going to be a sad year with little to no bow hunting. Only thing I am looking forward to is finding out what the property in SD has for deer. Hopefully by the end of next week I can get some cameras up in SD and find out if there is something worth chasing.

ndlongshot

Founding Member
Founding Member
According to last years data, my wife and I have a 54% chance of drawing. I don't have my hopes up. I have my bow tag for ND already, but with selling our property and moving to SD, I have little hopes of finding a place to get in a stand. This year the only thing I can look forward to is shotgun hunting in MN. Its going to be a sad year with little to no bow hunting. Only thing I am looking forward to is finding out what the property in SD has for deer. Hopefully by the end of next week I can get some cameras up in SD and find out if there is something worth chasing.
Be careful not to claim residency in both states for deer hunting, thats a big no-no.

Nanky

Founding Member
Founding Member

Where are you moving to in SD?

Yoby

Founding Member
Founding Member
plan is to claim ND residency through the season. Won't qualify for residency licenses until mid season. We are moving just NE of Sioux Falls, by Garreston. found a nice parcel with 12 acres.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
plan is to claim ND residency through the season. Won't qualify for residency licenses until mid season. We are moving just NE of Sioux Falls, by Garreston. found a nice parcel with 12 acres.

welcome to the state sorry you have to live by sioux falls

Nanky

Founding Member
Founding Member

Nice. I'm a member of their gun range, but live in SF. Make sure to buy all your SD preference points after you are a resident, that way they are cheaper and you can buy more of them (elk, sheep, etc).

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
frik didnt get any deer have to chase whitetails again this year west river

martinslanding

Founding Member
Founding Member
if a lottery only takes a couple weeks I'd be skeptical...real lotteries take months and months and months and months ... especially in lower population areas

WormWiggler

Founding Member
Founding Member
Fishing Buddy is making a comeback, their Deer Lottery thread has 81 entries... but Davis has 2/3 of the posts....

- - - Updated - - -

Funny to see no most of the threads in single digits.... But hold on.... Joan has started showing her cankles... Better start a promotion V!!

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
Fishing Buddy is making a comeback, their Deer Lottery thread has 81 entries... but Davis has 2/3 of the posts....

- - - Updated - - -

Funny to see no most of the threads in single digits.... But hold on.... Joan has started showing her cankles... Better start a promotion V!!

Rodger That!

watson

Founding Member
Founding Member

- - - Updated - - -

And you were in the bathroom checking her out..

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 78
  • This month: 61
  • This month: 52
  • This month: 47
  • This month: 42
  • This month: 36
  • This month: 35
  • This month: 32
  • This month: 31