2019 ND Legislature and ND Sportsmens Etree

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I never referenced SD. But for one thing nobody knows about 90% or more of the poaching I would suspect. I can tell you what would happen iwestern ND. Think Vallely’s lol

Your reading comprehension sucks shit go back to my first post. Make sure to get a extra padded helmet so your brains don’t get any more scrambled

Wags2.0

★★★★★ Legendary Member
there are areas that are heavily posted and areas that aren't as bad. It wouldn't affect me much for hunting since I no longer Deer hunt and for the most part only hunt posted private land for pheasants. It would end my waterfowl hunting totally. Which currently isn't a big deal because the waterfowl hunting has been shit for the past few years. And probably won't change much in the near future. But I would probably sell the decoys and say screw it. Which means I won't need to buy any more shotguns and shotgun ammo. So that would pretty much leave fishing for me. If they ever pass that legislation I may just say fuck it all and give up hunting and fishing both. I don't ice fish anymore either so I may just buy a motocross bike and start doing that again instead of fishing. Better exercise anyway lol.

Sounds like you’re lazy and just don’t like to try just a little bit. All is not lost, it just takes a knock on someone’s door most of the time. Maybe you just never liked hunting much to begin with. Which is totally fine btw

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Sounds like you’re lazy and just don’t like to try just a little bit. All is not lost, it just takes a knock on someone’s door most of the time. Maybe you just never liked hunting much to begin with. Which is totally fine btw
Not too lazy. Just don't have time for that shit anymore. Rarely time to hunt now days.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Not too lazy. Just don't have time for that shit anymore. Rarely time to hunt now days.

Is carrying a rifle and hunting in the work truck a big no no these days ? Guessing it varies company to company , Back in the fur hay days pumpers were make more in furs than wages quite a few days in the winter. Quite a few nice bucks shot too.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Is carrying a rifle and hunting in the work truck a big no no these days ? Guessing it varies company to company , Back in the fur hay days pumpers were make more in furs than wages quite a few days in the winter. Quite a few nice bucks shot too.
yea that isn’t happening anymore lol

ndlongshot

Founding Member
Founding Member
Why is stockmans so hell bent on this? Farm Bureau i could understand...

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Davey Crockett

Whats the difference if there are 20000 kids under 18 that go without a licence vs 20000 older hunters that go without a license ? After a couple guaranteed youth hunts they should be serious one way or the other if they want to hunt or not and get used to the system. Better off to tell them to pick up a bow rather than to spoil them and hand everything to them on a silver platter till they are 18.

hopefully they are hooked and are hunters for longer just for the fact old people are going to die sooner

I completely disagree, I don't feel it , In fact to me it seems like giving "welfare" to a teenager . Get them used to reality and make them earn what they get. Seems so common to hear, Too many hunters, Not enough tags, Too much posted land bla bla bla. already too many people that feel obligated, This just seems to make it worse in my eyes. Kids are so busy now days with sports, video games, school and what not . After two guaranteed seasons they are either serious hunters or not. They will take time out of their busy schedule for a free tag otherwise some bored old timer might get it.
I think for me it's more out of respect for my elders and making kids work for something instead of handing it to them on a silver platter .

Last edited:

Mark Mazaheri

A quick way to check what is coming up is ND Game & Fish Legislative update, accessible from their home page. https://gf.nd.gov/legislation

So far, only the budget bill has been submitted. Yesterday's rumor mill continued around a bill changing the Trespass law, coming from Jamestown area.

Please stay tuned. You can bet that the anti-hunters are scheming as we speak.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think we need to inform our legislators a no trespass bill would be turned over and neutered for good via the initiated measure process if they decide to go that way

Mark Mazaheri

On Friday I was told that the new bill for a Trespass Law will come from Senator Erbele of Lehr. He has opposed virtually anything that is of benefit to resident sportsmen during his tenure in the Legislature. I don't believe the bill has been posted, but will pass it along when available.

As I've said before: this push is being made by a minority of landowners. During our August meeting at NDGF, I asked the Stockmen's Association Board if any of them had ever prosecuted someone for Trespassing. Not one had. Eight-ten guys, all pushing for a new law when they've never acted on the current one. They had some excuses, none of which made sense and a couple of which are totally untrue.

None of them had ever signed a formal complaint against a trespasser and then taken it to the States attorney/county attorney for prosecution. A new law won't change their behavior anymore than it will change a violator's behavior.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
On Friday I was told that the new bill for a Trespass Law will come from Senator Erbele of Lehr. He has opposed virtually anything that is of benefit to resident sportsmen during his tenure in the Legislature. I don't believe the bill has been posted, but will pass it along when available.

As I've said before: this push is being made by a minority of landowners. During our August meeting at NDGF, I asked the Stockmen's Association Board if any of them had ever prosecuted someone for Trespassing. Not one had. Eight-ten guys, all pushing for a new law when they've never acted on the current one. They had some excuses, none of which made sense and a couple of which are totally untrue.

None of them had ever signed a formal complaint against a trespasser and then taken it to the States attorney/county attorney for prosecution. A new law won't change their behavior anymore than it will change a violator's behavior.
theyre just arrogant anti hunting land owners. Probably throw in selfish too. It’s a disease slowly growing

ndlongshot

Founding Member
Founding Member

Thank you for taking charge on this, Mark. I'll do as much as I am able as well. Myself and many others truly appreciate it. Sounds like you have a good grasp on their shenanigans. We dont need new laws, just enforce the ones already on the books. This is an anti hunting sham.

Mark Mazaheri

Here's a list of outdoor related bills that have been submitted. More is yet to come. Some of these are relatively inconsequential. Others....maybe not. I'm not a trapper, so not sure how much sense it makes to mandate checking snares every hours. I'm not a fan of scopes for muzzleloaders.

Bill IdentificationStatusHearing DateSummaryHouse VoteSenate Vote
Bill IdentificationStatusHearing DateSummaryHouse VoteSenate Vote
HB1066 Active Would return the funding limit to the North Dakota Outdoor Heritage Fund to $20 million per fiscal year.
HB1209 Active Would allow the use of dogs in the recovery of big game animals.
HB1246 Active Defines the eligibility requirements relating to gratis tags for hunting moose and antelope.
HB1257 Active Would allow an individual over age 65 to hunt deer with a muzzleloader with a telescopic sight of up to four-power magnification.
HB1290 Active Sets guidelines for law enforcement officers entering private land.
HB1294 Active Requires traps or snares for furbearers to be checked at least every 48 hours.
HB1323 Active Defines a dangerous weapon, and what is not considered concealed.
SB2017 Active 01/10/2019 - 02:00PM Would appropriate $84,226,170 to the Game and Fish Department for the biennium beginning July 1, 2019, and ending June 30, 2021.
SB2034 Active 01/09/2019 - 10:30AM Defines the terms "firearm" or "weapon" and clarifies who can carry. Also provides a penalty.
SB2054 Active Grants provided by the Outdoor Heritage Fund would no longer give preference to those that enhanced conservation practices, and adds a requirement that ensures a geographical balance of members is maintained.
SB2055 Active Would change the membership of the budget section. Game and Fish could get approval from either the legislative assembly or budget section for each land acquisition of at least 10 acres or $10,000.
SB2058 Active Would allow the use of infrared light while hunting fox and coyote.
SB2138 Active Would allow an advanced practice registered nurse verify the physical condition necessary for individuals to qualify for a shoot from a stationary motor vehicle permit.
SB2165 Active Identifies requirements for watercraft total loss statements and the issuance of a salvage certificate number.

Legislation List

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
At age 72 i am sure i only have one last season to hunt before i leave this earth. So based on that fact and the kid has the next 50 some years maybe a preference would be nice.

(a side note between you an me and the fence post to say i have not applied for a whitetail rifle premit since 1995 and even given a preference would not apply (bow hunter)). db

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
theyre just arrogant anti hunting land owners. Probably throw in selfish too. It’s a disease slowly growing
I am so happy people are starting to catch on to this. When I supported the high fence initiative the first year it wasn't so much because of the sportsmanship that doesn't exist, but because of disease spread, and even more because the more restrictions to private land the more dependent some hunters will be on canned hunts. The more outfitters we get the more they also will support anything that restricts hunting of private land and they will oppose more public land or even access programs. We are fighting the dollar and those who would destroy our outdoor heritage for their profit. We may loose this fight, but at least we can delay it for a few years.

ndlongshot

Founding Member
Founding Member
SB 2054 sounds like a bunch of shit. In regards to OHF, to remove preference for projects with conservation component? The whole point of that fund was for habitat pot of money when there wasn't any $$$ to go around and CRP went bye bye.

Its not meant for more slides and merry go rounds and ball diamonds. Which is what ag groups would gladly burn it on.

Never understood why ag groups are against more pots of money, FOR THEM.

Fritz the Cat

Founding Member
Founding Member
I am so happy people are starting to catch on to this. When I supported the high fence initiative the first year it wasn't so much because of the sportsmanship that doesn't exist, but because of disease spread, and even more because the more restrictions to private land the more dependent some hunters will be on canned hunts. The more outfitters we get the more they also will support anything that restricts hunting of private land and they will oppose more public land or even access programs. We are fighting the dollar and those who would destroy our outdoor heritage for their profit. We may loose this fight, but at least we can delay it for a few years.

I see you pretend to have not made up your mind yet. For you, it was never about sportsmanship or disease. It was always about placing more laws, regulations and restrictions unto others so you can pursue your game animals across private property.

You need to take your "commercialization of wildlife" mantra, slogans and repeats back to nodakouthouse. Everyone knows when CRP peaked so did the number of guides. When CRP acres receded so did guiding. Bring back hundreds of thousands of acres of CRP and the number of guides will peak again. Then you can bitch about that 24/7.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 191
  • This month: 157
  • This month: 146
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 117
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88