Public land transfer bill

FightingSioux

Founding Member
Founding Member
Are there any republicans not in bed with the ND Farm Bureau or ND Stockmans Association?
These groups won’t stop until all the public land in the state is handed over to private owners. There is a reason they got a law passed that doesn’t allow any increase in public lands in the state. Hunters need to start voting accordingly to get their voice heard

NodakBob

★ Legendary Member
I thought that law about no more public land was shot down….cant build a new road for a subdivision without new public R/W….

bravo

Founding Member
Founding Member
Armstrong is no friend of North Dakota sportsmen (unless you're a billionaire hunting buddy). And if you think Armstrong Corp. isn't poised to profit off this move, I don't know what to tell you. Read Nick J. Simonson's article which shines some light on his record. https://dakotaedge.com/2022/11/04/armstrong-weak-for-nd-sportsmen/

It's sad to look at what we had even 10 years ago as far as access. Even worse is it took 2 legislative sessions to undo the good things ND had going for 130 years. The fight to privatize the shores of Sak will continue to ramp up. The tribes will continue to do so, out of state developers will be next, some of our state reps have tried to will themselves Corps land. And yes, the Farm Bureau is usually involved. The masses joining their side to decimate the Game & Fish dept and conservation orgs in the name of baiting doesn't help, can't see the forest through the trees. Vote accordingly or your children will be paying an outfitter for every hunting and fishing trip if there's any game left at all.

Fritz the Cat

Founding Member
Founding Member
bravo, read your Nick Simonson article.

Obama's Great American Outdoors Act costs $1.9 Billion dollars annually.

Biden's Recovering Americas Wildlife Act will cost $1.4 Billion annually if passed.

bravo

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ok. Irrelevant to the conversation.

The federal government spends more than $30 billion a year on ag subsidies.

BrockW

Established Member
Update:

Armstrong is essentially ignoring any request to discuss this issue to make adjustments and make it palatable for sportsmen who rely on public access to public lands.

Our chapter has sent a letter voicing our concerns to the committee and we will be providing an action alert to voice that same opposition in the next 24 hrs.

Trip McNeely

Founding Member
Founding Member
Update:

Armstrong is essentially ignoring any request to discuss this issue to make adjustments and make it palatable for sportsmen who rely on public access to public lands.

Our chapter has sent a letter voicing our concerns to the committee and we will be providing an action alert to voice that same opposition in the next 24 hrs.
I want to hear from Armstrong on this matter before I ever vote him our governor. If this is what we are going to get as governor then maybe its time to get another candidate on the ballot. The republican machine is just about as god aweful as the democrat machine.

FightingSioux

Founding Member
Founding Member
I want to hear from Armstrong on this matter before I ever vote him our governor. If this is what we are going to get as governor then maybe its time to get another candidate on the ballot. The republican machine is just about as god aweful as the democrat machine.
The governor is one of the 3 people who sit on the industrial commission and have the power to make public land decisions. We need to know where Armstrong stands but honestly it’s too late now that he won the primary.

BrockW

Established Member
Since the federal delegation is ignoring all requests to discuss this issue or address concerns I’d suggest sharing this with as many folks as possible.

Our objection to this bill:

1. Once transferred to state trust department, lands that have always been open for public hunting can be closed by lessee.
  2. Once transferred, state trust could sell lands
  3. Lands will no longer prioritize public access or wildlife
  4. There is no way for the public to be involved in the decision making around land WE OWN!
Take action at the link below.
https://www.backcountryhunters.org/take_action#/389

Last edited:

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
It's funny but not to me since we know the type of politics people who support the closing of a boat launch to build an epicenter while one is already being built in Bismarck, but then crusade to fight for their fellow sportsman. Hypocrites talking out of both sides of their mouth

Freedom

★★★★ Legendary Member
It's funny but not to me since we know the type of politics people who support the closing of a boat launch to build an epicenter while one is already being built in Bismarck, but then crusade to fight for their fellow sportsman. Hypocrites talking out of both sides of their mouth
You amaze me with the retarded shit that comes out of your mouth daily

bravo

Founding Member
Founding Member
I don’t want to derail the thread, but I saw where Brock did the legwork to force the group wanting to close the ramp to meet the public (something nobody here bothered to do) and when presented with the situation at hand, is working to make sure there is still a access ramp in the city. Because he is pro CWD research your pea brain can’t compartmentalize that he and his group actually are doing good for sportsmen, and you shoot this down in spite of your own interests. Fuck your partisan nonsense.

-a lifelong registered republican.

Brock, thanks. Consider it signed.

Fester

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I don’t want to derail the thread, but I saw where Brock did the legwork to force the group wanting to close the ramp to meet the public (something nobody here bothered to do) and when presented with the situation at hand, is working to make sure there is still a access ramp in the city. Because he is pro CWD research your pea brain can’t compartmentalize that he and his group actually are doing good for sportsmen, and you shoot this down in spite of your own interests. Fuck your partisan nonsense.

-a lifelong registered republican.

Brock, thanks. Consider it signed.
Wait..what...your a republican for taxing people to spend on other people's pet projects? You sure that's how that all works?

bravo

Founding Member
Founding Member
Where the hell do you see me saying anything remotely close to that?

Fester

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Where the hell do you see me saying anything remotely close to that?
Do you support him taking grant money for a boat ramp? From your response it sure sounds like you do.

bravo

Founding Member
Founding Member
No. I don’t support the boat ramp amphitheater project. If you had any reading comprehension, you’d see that Brockw didn’t either. He coordinated a meeting with between the city, developers and the public so fishermen at least had a chance to voice concern. The project was already moving forward so he is advocating for a new ramp so there is still access. If you had any amount of reading comprehension you’d see that the conversation moved past you while you keep accusing Brockw of taking grant money even though he has no financial stake in it at all.

I’ll play your game. Judging by your response you must be a liberal since you support the government taking control of more land so they can raise money for themselves by pumping oil on trust acres.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 60
  • This month: 43
  • This month: 42
  • This month: 38
  • This month: 37
  • This month: 28
  • This month: 25
  • This month: 23
  • This month: 20