What's new
Forums
Members
Resources
Whopper Club
Politics
Pics
Videos
Fishing Reports
Classifieds
Log in
Register
What's new
Search
Members
Resources
Whopper Club
Politics
Menu
Log in
Register
Install the app
Install
Forums
General
General Discussion
3 Class Bball system in ND?
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="remm" data-source="post: 362668" data-attributes="member: 821"><p>I see both sides of it from a competition standpoint and as I said before, no matter where the lines are drawn for classes, there's gonna be a few schools on the borderline either way that aren't going to like it, but travel time is a poor argument. Longer travel games are done on Friday's and Saturday's so school time isn't affected much. DL currently goes to Fargo 4-5x/year which is close to 3 hour bus ride, closest away games currently are minimum 1.5 hours and kids seem to get along fine. Years ago there weren't many weekend games, seems like lately we play a lot more on weekends to help make it easier on the kids for school work so that's your solution to travel. I didn't look at the regional breakdowns, but I doubt there is much more than a 90 mile drive for anyone in the state for a regional game, if there is, it'll be a Saturday game I'd imagine.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="remm, post: 362668, member: 821"] I see both sides of it from a competition standpoint and as I said before, no matter where the lines are drawn for classes, there's gonna be a few schools on the borderline either way that aren't going to like it, but travel time is a poor argument. Longer travel games are done on Friday's and Saturday's so school time isn't affected much. DL currently goes to Fargo 4-5x/year which is close to 3 hour bus ride, closest away games currently are minimum 1.5 hours and kids seem to get along fine. Years ago there weren't many weekend games, seems like lately we play a lot more on weekends to help make it easier on the kids for school work so that's your solution to travel. I didn't look at the regional breakdowns, but I doubt there is much more than a 90 mile drive for anyone in the state for a regional game, if there is, it'll be a Saturday game I'd imagine. [/QUOTE]
Verification
What is the most common fish caught on this site?
Post reply
Recent Posts
ESOX
Latest: SDMF
2 minutes ago
Gasoline pump prices
Latest: Davy Crockett
28 minutes ago
NFL News (Vikings)
Latest: eyexer
Today at 6:31 PM
2007 Ford Taurus
Latest: Zogman
Today at 5:03 PM
F
DUI Attorney
Latest: Fly Carpin
Today at 4:48 PM
A
Mandan Data center pushback
Latest: ale
Today at 12:00 PM
K-Drill Blade Sharpening Gone
Latest: Slappy
Yesterday at 12:02 PM
RAIN!!!!
Latest: KDM
Yesterday at 9:29 AM
Tailrace
Latest: MSA
Yesterday at 8:22 AM
Scheels Bismarck
Latest: luvcatchingbass
Monday at 9:56 PM
L
Jap Beatles
Latest: LBrandt
Monday at 1:40 PM
N
Soybeans
Latest: ndlongshot
Monday at 1:35 PM
Guys with a Yeti....
Latest: johnr
Monday at 10:30 AM
Left Hand Remington Stocks
Latest: SupressYourself
Monday at 8:41 AM
What are you listening to these days?
Latest: svnmag
Sunday at 11:14 PM
Banks Stump Feeder
Latest: Shockwave
Saturday at 11:24 PM
FLOCK Cameras...Thoughts
Latest: Jiffy
Saturday at 9:51 PM
L
EHD is back..AGAIN!
Latest: LBrandt
Friday at 6:03 PM
D
Any youth hunter stories?
Latest: dsharp83
Friday at 12:20 PM
Sale
6.5 Creed Barrel - Savage
Latest: SupressYourself
Friday at 8:39 AM
Sale
4 Youth Model rifles
Latest: Lycanthrope
Thursday at 12:11 PM
Friends of NDA
Forums
General
General Discussion
3 Class Bball system in ND?
Top
Bottom