ATV Sprayer: FIMCO or County Line

Taylorman55

Founding Member
Founding Member
Talking about the different types of chems earlier for killing weeds, what type of ATV/UTV sprayer are you guys running? I am running into town in a few hours, and the options I have are the FIMCO from Runnings, or the County Line from TSC. Both are 25 gallon tanks, booms or boomless doesn't really matter to me, both run about $300. The ones (tank setups) I used for spraying reclamation areas were over $1500 set ups with much heavier duty tanks, wands, pumps, etc., however I'm not looking to spend that type of money for spraying the occasional quarter of land. If you've had good or bad luck with either of the above 2, chime in and let me know. Thanks

Taylorman

fullrut

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've had the same sprayer for over ten years now. Set mine up boomless with two OC spray tips on a swivel body. Between adjusting pressure and the swivel body, I can get the spray pattern out to 10-12 feet wide. Less to hassle with. Just two tarp straps to hold it down and plug in and go.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
I would have to confirm to be positive but I think mine is fimco. I bought it at TSC many moons ago and it's worked flawless since day one.

fullrut

Founding Member
Founding Member
I would have to confirm to be positive but I think mine is fimco. I bought it at TSC many moons ago and it's worked flawless since day one.

Yeah, I forgot to mention it's a Fimco. Bought mine at TSC as well. Pump get's sticky every spring. Just pop the cover off, lube and reassamble. Still on the original pump. We've gone through dozens at work in the amount of time I've had mine.

Whisky

Founding Member
Founding Member
County Line is made by Fimco, for TSC...I think.....I went with a Fimco last year and so far so good. Had to replace a $10 switch already.

USMCDI

Founding Member
Founding Member
Fimco boomless here, same issues with the diaphragms and the on/off switches are total junk, they get hot and melt so buy a good heavy duty toggle switch and put it on before you're in the middle of something and yours goes T/U. All 3 of mine burnt up after about 20 hours.

Taylorman55

Founding Member
Founding Member
Thanks for the replies. Fimco it is. Anyone get extended warranties with theirs?

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
For once I must have bought something that wasn't made on a monday morning, I run a little RV antifreeze or windshield washer fluid through mine when I am done for the season. I put a better hand wand and a longer hose and it spends it life on the flatbed of my farm pickup. I also made a plug to hook into my trailer wire harness, I turn on the park lights for juice when I want to use it. Of all the things I have owned and used in my life these units get a 10 star rating . Haha I even used it to stain a big deck with oil base stain, I figured it was so old that if I ruined it i'd get a new one. Didn't hurt it a bit.

NDbowman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Fimco is what I use. I spot spray quite a bit with an atv. Had my first Fimco sprayer for 10 to 15 years before the rack on my atv wore a hole in the bottom. I do put a better spray wand and hose as well. I generally burn up a pump every year or every other year, but I spray a lot. I buy my replacement pumps from sprayerdepot.com.

jdinny

Founding Member
Founding Member
good read been looking at the same thing for my yard....now to highjack this a bit...what do you guys all use to spray for skeeters? anything worth it? I live rural NE Bismarck. slighty over 2 acres total. ;:;hijacked

RNinND

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've had a boomed 25 gallon FIMCO from Runnings for 2 years now for spraying for weeds and bugs. Chose the boom for more precise spraying around numerous trees (still makes me nervous). Like others have said I run RV anti-freeze through it in the fall. No problems with it thus far.

Taylorman55

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've had a boomed 25 gallon FIMCO from Runnings for 2 years now for spraying for weeds and bugs. Chose the boom for more precise spraying around numerous trees (still makes me nervous). Like others have said I run RV anti-freeze through it in the fall. No problems with it thus far.

this is the exact sprayer I went with. I'll be giving it a shot early next week with some milestone mixed in for wormwood and thistle. After that I'll be spraying a solid 20 acres with roundup and planting some new items.

Ristorapper

Founding Member
Founding Member
We'll be looking for a 25 gallon spray unit as well. 57 acres of CRP with a bunch of Canadian thistle in it. Had it ariel sprayed last fall because it got out of hand. Will be thinking ATV as well to apply the product.

Question for those in the know: Would an ATV be better to help in the application or a pickup?? The catalytic converter scares me into thinking during application, we could start the whole works on fire with the truck. Are ATV's exhaust systems better in that respect; not starting fires ( tucked up higher up into the ATV framework)??

Getting up there in age to where the 2/3/4 gallon sprayers for spot spraying are not the way to go anymore.

CRP contract expires in 2021 which we will not renew. Renter will be able to put most of the 57 acres back into production. What little is left would be a lot easier to control weeds on with those long booms on the renters sprayer.

Last edited:

onpoint!

Established Member
Have had my NorthStar (Northern Tool) atv sprayer for about 5 years, have replaced small pieces occasionally but it's been a good sprayer. Get a boomless/spot sprayer, Imo, helps with the trees and other applications.

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
ATV or side by side work well for spraying. ATV in and around trees as narrower. We have both boom and boomless as each had their place. Best to get an auto battery and use that for power and not the ATV or SXS battery. Our sprayers are both 25 gallon. Lots of weight on the rear rack when full.
We put a 25 foot hose and a good wand on the boom sprayer too for hand spraying. Also had where we could run either left boom, right boom, or center section or any combination of the 3 or all 3 at once.
Have both stored away or would sell them both as don't use them anymore. If anyone is interested and would want them i can pick up when we go to the farm next time. Not going to bring down to look at as don't have enough room here to store them.
We used Asana XL for skeeters and ticks. It was restricted use and would last 2 weeks or better even in rain. Nasty stuff as you don't want it on you or to breathe it in. Most use Tempo now as far as i know for skeeters.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 134
  • This month: 126
  • This month: 119
  • This month: 107
  • This month: 106
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 85