Watch out taco in a bag

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
efe2c550612f61cbfbe489eeea1809b5.jpg

Big J

Founding Member
Founding Member
Guy, what is that a picture of? I really don't know what that is.

Big J

Founding Member
Founding Member
Nice, what places in the home country do they serve it the best? I want to try!

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Nice, what places in the home country do they serve it the best? I want to try!

We make most of our sushi at home so I don't frequent local joints. But tako is pretty "dependable" as far as sushi goes so chances are low you will get burned locally with bad tako sushi. And the only way it's bad is when it's not tenderized and it's still rubbery - the taste is still fine.

I travel a lot - not by choice (work) - but when I do have to travel I frequent sushi joints and BBQ mostly if I can find them in parts of the country where they're known to be good.

with modern jet shipping sushi quality can be high anywhere.

I hear good things about the all-you-can-eat joint in town but I'm very afraid to go because I will literally eat myself sick - I can't stop
the feds make all sushi joint meat suppliers freeze their meats 48 hrs at really cold temps to kill parasites - so the thawed meat is just as fresh in Fargo as it is in San Diego or Seattle

Big J

Founding Member
Founding Member
Nice! I read your article and it said to not mess with your own sushi unless you are a master of disaster. You must be a master of disaster and can whip up some good sushi.

On a side note guys. This is really important... It broke my heart... I had just called my secretary and told her to order in A&B Pizza for all the employees as I drove up to the Bank today at 10:30. I hung up my phone and pulled into the drive through and noticed the bank was having a customer appreciation lunch. This bank is across the street from our building so its close. I thought, neat, fun, free food, as a banker I know Nate came walking up to my truck and made conversation. I asked him what they were going to serve at their shin dig..... He answeres, "Taco in a Bag, come over bring all your employees!". I then cried, punched the monitor at the bank and sped off forgetting my bank deposit receipt of thousands of dollars.... FML

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
Nice! I read your article and it said to not mess with your own sushi unless you are a master of disaster. You must be a master of disaster and can whip up some good sushi.

On a side note guys. This is really important... It broke my heart... I had just called my secretary and told her to order in A&B Pizza for all the employees as I drove up to the Bank today at 10:30. I hung up my phone and pulled into the drive through and noticed the bank was having a customer appreciation lunch. This bank is across the street from our building so its close. I thought, neat, fun, free food, as a banker I know Nate came walking up to my truck and made conversation. I asked him what they were going to serve at their shin dig..... He answeres, "Taco in a Bag, come over bring all your employees!". I then cried, punched the monitor at the bank and sped off forgetting my bank deposit receipt of thousands of dollars.... FML

Go get a bag of free takos, then take them to Wade at Dakota tackle. Trade the tacos for three #11 hot steel original floaters.

Then meet me at the steps, on September 9th. We will have a fine old time.

That is all.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
WCCU in Dickinson is having taco in a bag day today, raising funds for cancer.

see you all there around 1230

Big J

Founding Member
Founding Member
I thought you didn't like taco in a bag? I thought it was walking Tah-Koe only?

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
you thought wrong, the walking taco is superior, however the bagged taco is neat

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
guy, did you write a sushi article?! we make our own 3-4 times/year. it took a couple of tries the first time we did it to figure out how to roll em. and we don't make all of that really fancy shit. but, i will put my basic rolls up against most places that serve it except for the best places. i got a picture of a bowl of sliced rolls that was a colorful and flavorful delight. i will try to dig it up. anyway... you are right. with overnight shipping, a fella can get pretty darn good product delivered directly to your door for 25% of what it would cost to go out and eat the same. and whatever doesn't make it in the rolls ends up as sashimi. although, the very first time we ever made it, i just used vacuum frozen tuna steaks from the freezer section of our local grocery store and couldn't hardly tell the difference over the stuff we splurge on now.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 186
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 129
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84