What's new
Forums
Members
Resources
Whopper Club
Politics
Pics
Videos
Fishing Reports
Classifieds
Log in
Register
What's new
Search
Members
Resources
Whopper Club
Politics
Menu
Log in
Register
Install the app
Install
Forums
Hunting
Guns and Ammo
7mm Rem Mag vs 300 Win Mag
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="H82bogey" data-source="post: 278700" data-attributes="member: 1372"><p>I have been considering adding a new gun to the collection. Would primarily be used for Elk and Deer. I have done lots of research on both calibers and see pro's and cons with each but I'm still undecided. If you could only buy one, which caliber would you personally go with? Keep in mind, some considerations for me are recoil(I'm not a big guy)and factory ammo as I don't reload. Ideally I want this gun to be light enough to pack around the badlands for a day and some Colorado Elk hunts. </p><p></p><p>Do you prefer to shoot with a muzzle break? Is the extra noise worth the recoil reduction?</p><p></p><p>Thank you for any input you have my have.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="H82bogey, post: 278700, member: 1372"] I have been considering adding a new gun to the collection. Would primarily be used for Elk and Deer. I have done lots of research on both calibers and see pro's and cons with each but I'm still undecided. If you could only buy one, which caliber would you personally go with? Keep in mind, some considerations for me are recoil(I'm not a big guy)and factory ammo as I don't reload. Ideally I want this gun to be light enough to pack around the badlands for a day and some Colorado Elk hunts. Do you prefer to shoot with a muzzle break? Is the extra noise worth the recoil reduction? Thank you for any input you have my have. [/QUOTE]
Verification
What is the most common fish caught on this site?
Post reply
Recent Posts
What are you listening to these days?
Latest: svnmag
Today at 12:26 AM
Gasoline pump prices
Latest: Davy Crockett
Yesterday at 9:11 PM
Scheels Bismarck
Latest: Obi-Wan
Yesterday at 8:36 PM
DUI Attorney
Latest: Obi-Wan
Yesterday at 8:31 PM
J
Mandan Data center pushback
Latest: jer79
Yesterday at 8:29 PM
ESOX
Latest: SDMF
Yesterday at 8:24 PM
NFL News (Vikings)
Latest: eyexer
Yesterday at 6:31 PM
SOLD
2007 Ford Taurus
Latest: Zogman
Yesterday at 5:03 PM
K-Drill Blade Sharpening Gone
Latest: Slappy
Tuesday at 12:02 PM
RAIN!!!!
Latest: KDM
Tuesday at 9:29 AM
Tailrace
Latest: MSA
Tuesday at 8:22 AM
L
Jap Beatles
Latest: LBrandt
Monday at 1:40 PM
N
Soybeans
Latest: ndlongshot
Monday at 1:35 PM
Guys with a Yeti....
Latest: johnr
Monday at 10:30 AM
Left Hand Remington Stocks
Latest: SupressYourself
Monday at 8:41 AM
Banks Stump Feeder
Latest: Shockwave
Saturday at 11:24 PM
FLOCK Cameras...Thoughts
Latest: Jiffy
Saturday at 9:51 PM
L
EHD is back..AGAIN!
Latest: LBrandt
Friday at 6:03 PM
D
Any youth hunter stories?
Latest: dsharp83
Friday at 12:20 PM
Sale
6.5 Creed Barrel - Savage
Latest: SupressYourself
Friday at 8:39 AM
Sale
4 Youth Model rifles
Latest: Lycanthrope
Sep 24, 2026
Friends of NDA
Forums
Hunting
Guns and Ammo
7mm Rem Mag vs 300 Win Mag
Top
Bottom