What's new
Forums
Members
Resources
Whopper Club
Politics
Pics
Videos
Fishing Reports
Classifieds
Log in
Register
What's new
Search
Members
Resources
Whopper Club
Politics
Menu
Log in
Register
Install the app
Install
Forums
Hunting
Guns and Ammo
7mm Rem Mag vs 300 Win Mag
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="luvcatchingbass" data-source="post: 278704" data-attributes="member: 1979"><p>I like my 7mm Rem Mag and recoil on it doesn't bother me that much, but then again I got an adjustable slip on recoil pad I added to give me a more comfortable shouldering length. Normally reload and normally use 140-150gr Barnes for whitetail but this year tried some Federal Premium with 168gr Bergers because I found a really good deal on them. 168gr is overkill I know but they grouped so good I figured they were worth a test run, performance on my buck at about 200yds was great and the only major meat loss was the offside shoulder that I hit. That being said for some reason I find myself wanting a 300 or 338 win mag just because. I have a 6.5-284 that I like but if I was traveling for anything up to moose I would be grabbing the 7mm just in case something happens to my ammo as it is easier to find good shells off the shelf if need be. Only knock on my 7mm is I need to replace the trigger with a timney because after shooting more crisp triggers that Ruger trigger is ugly especially bench shooting.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="luvcatchingbass, post: 278704, member: 1979"] I like my 7mm Rem Mag and recoil on it doesn't bother me that much, but then again I got an adjustable slip on recoil pad I added to give me a more comfortable shouldering length. Normally reload and normally use 140-150gr Barnes for whitetail but this year tried some Federal Premium with 168gr Bergers because I found a really good deal on them. 168gr is overkill I know but they grouped so good I figured they were worth a test run, performance on my buck at about 200yds was great and the only major meat loss was the offside shoulder that I hit. That being said for some reason I find myself wanting a 300 or 338 win mag just because. I have a 6.5-284 that I like but if I was traveling for anything up to moose I would be grabbing the 7mm just in case something happens to my ammo as it is easier to find good shells off the shelf if need be. Only knock on my 7mm is I need to replace the trigger with a timney because after shooting more crisp triggers that Ruger trigger is ugly especially bench shooting. [/QUOTE]
Verification
What is the most common fish caught on this site?
Post reply
Recent Posts
What are you listening to these days?
Latest: svnmag
Today at 12:26 AM
Gasoline pump prices
Latest: Davy Crockett
Yesterday at 9:11 PM
Scheels Bismarck
Latest: Obi-Wan
Yesterday at 8:36 PM
DUI Attorney
Latest: Obi-Wan
Yesterday at 8:31 PM
J
Mandan Data center pushback
Latest: jer79
Yesterday at 8:29 PM
ESOX
Latest: SDMF
Yesterday at 8:24 PM
NFL News (Vikings)
Latest: eyexer
Yesterday at 6:31 PM
SOLD
2007 Ford Taurus
Latest: Zogman
Yesterday at 5:03 PM
K-Drill Blade Sharpening Gone
Latest: Slappy
Tuesday at 12:02 PM
RAIN!!!!
Latest: KDM
Tuesday at 9:29 AM
Tailrace
Latest: MSA
Tuesday at 8:22 AM
L
Jap Beatles
Latest: LBrandt
Monday at 1:40 PM
N
Soybeans
Latest: ndlongshot
Monday at 1:35 PM
Guys with a Yeti....
Latest: johnr
Monday at 10:30 AM
Left Hand Remington Stocks
Latest: SupressYourself
Monday at 8:41 AM
Banks Stump Feeder
Latest: Shockwave
Saturday at 11:24 PM
FLOCK Cameras...Thoughts
Latest: Jiffy
Saturday at 9:51 PM
L
EHD is back..AGAIN!
Latest: LBrandt
Friday at 6:03 PM
D
Any youth hunter stories?
Latest: dsharp83
Friday at 12:20 PM
Sale
6.5 Creed Barrel - Savage
Latest: SupressYourself
Friday at 8:39 AM
Sale
4 Youth Model rifles
Latest: Lycanthrope
Sep 24, 2026
Friends of NDA
Forums
Hunting
Guns and Ammo
7mm Rem Mag vs 300 Win Mag
Top
Bottom