What's new
Forums
Members
Resources
Whopper Club
Politics
Pics
Videos
Fishing Reports
Classifieds
Log in
Register
What's new
Search
Members
Resources
Whopper Club
Politics
Menu
Log in
Register
Install the app
Install
Forums
Hunting
Guns and Ammo
7mm Rem Mag vs 300 Win Mag
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="PrairieGhost" data-source="post: 278763" data-attributes="member: 704"><p>Even though I advocate buying rifles with different capabilities once I had that done I often double up and have a long range rifle and a light carry rifle. I have a 28.25 inch heavy barrel on a 300wm and a Browning A Bolt in 300wsm. Mostly I bring this up for a funny story. My wife bought me the 300wsm for our 32 anniversary 17 years ago. Anyway:</p><p>I walked into 13th ave Scheels in Fargo when they still had sporting goods and asked if the had a 300wsm. The salesman says "what do you want it for", which means they don't have one and he wants to sell me what they have. I said "oh mostly deer". He says "deer! this is what you want". He shows me a stainless, synthetic, Winchester model 70 in 270win. I said "beautiful rifle and your right about it for deer I think". He says "want me to write her up for you"? I said "nope got one just like that". He frowns and says "then what do you want 300wsm for"? I said " I may want to take it elk hunting too". He says "well then this is the rifle you want". He shows me a Remington 700 Sendero in 300wm. I said "now that rifle makes me drool I like it so well". He says "want me to write her up for you". I said "nope got one just like it". Now he really frowns and says "then why do you want a 300wsm"? I said "do I need a reason"? He turned and walked away. I assumed that meant he didn't have one.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="PrairieGhost, post: 278763, member: 704"] Even though I advocate buying rifles with different capabilities once I had that done I often double up and have a long range rifle and a light carry rifle. I have a 28.25 inch heavy barrel on a 300wm and a Browning A Bolt in 300wsm. Mostly I bring this up for a funny story. My wife bought me the 300wsm for our 32 anniversary 17 years ago. Anyway: I walked into 13th ave Scheels in Fargo when they still had sporting goods and asked if the had a 300wsm. The salesman says "what do you want it for", which means they don't have one and he wants to sell me what they have. I said "oh mostly deer". He says "deer! this is what you want". He shows me a stainless, synthetic, Winchester model 70 in 270win. I said "beautiful rifle and your right about it for deer I think". He says "want me to write her up for you"? I said "nope got one just like that". He frowns and says "then what do you want 300wsm for"? I said " I may want to take it elk hunting too". He says "well then this is the rifle you want". He shows me a Remington 700 Sendero in 300wm. I said "now that rifle makes me drool I like it so well". He says "want me to write her up for you". I said "nope got one just like it". Now he really frowns and says "then why do you want a 300wsm"? I said "do I need a reason"? He turned and walked away. I assumed that meant he didn't have one. [/QUOTE]
Verification
What is the most common fish caught on this site?
Post reply
Recent Posts
What are you listening to these days?
Latest: svnmag
Today at 12:26 AM
Gasoline pump prices
Latest: Davy Crockett
Yesterday at 9:11 PM
Scheels Bismarck
Latest: Obi-Wan
Yesterday at 8:36 PM
DUI Attorney
Latest: Obi-Wan
Yesterday at 8:31 PM
J
Mandan Data center pushback
Latest: jer79
Yesterday at 8:29 PM
ESOX
Latest: SDMF
Yesterday at 8:24 PM
NFL News (Vikings)
Latest: eyexer
Yesterday at 6:31 PM
SOLD
2007 Ford Taurus
Latest: Zogman
Yesterday at 5:03 PM
K-Drill Blade Sharpening Gone
Latest: Slappy
Tuesday at 12:02 PM
RAIN!!!!
Latest: KDM
Tuesday at 9:29 AM
Tailrace
Latest: MSA
Tuesday at 8:22 AM
L
Jap Beatles
Latest: LBrandt
Monday at 1:40 PM
N
Soybeans
Latest: ndlongshot
Monday at 1:35 PM
Guys with a Yeti....
Latest: johnr
Monday at 10:30 AM
Left Hand Remington Stocks
Latest: SupressYourself
Monday at 8:41 AM
Banks Stump Feeder
Latest: Shockwave
Saturday at 11:24 PM
FLOCK Cameras...Thoughts
Latest: Jiffy
Saturday at 9:51 PM
L
EHD is back..AGAIN!
Latest: LBrandt
Friday at 6:03 PM
D
Any youth hunter stories?
Latest: dsharp83
Friday at 12:20 PM
Sale
6.5 Creed Barrel - Savage
Latest: SupressYourself
Friday at 8:39 AM
Sale
4 Youth Model rifles
Latest: Lycanthrope
Sep 24, 2026
Friends of NDA
Forums
Hunting
Guns and Ammo
7mm Rem Mag vs 300 Win Mag
Top
Bottom