What's new
Forums
Members
Resources
Whopper Club
Politics
Pics
Videos
Fishing Reports
Classifieds
Log in
Register
What's new
Search
Members
Resources
Whopper Club
Politics
Menu
Log in
Register
Install the app
Install
Forums
Hunting
Guns and Ammo
7mm Rem Mag vs 300 Win Mag
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="H82bogey" data-source="post: 278765" data-attributes="member: 1372"><p>So after doing some research, I have made the decision to go with the 7mm caliber. Of course through my research the rabbit hole I have gone down gets deeper and deeper. </p><p></p><p>I would like to shoot a 170-180 grain bullet and see most factory rifles are a 1:9 to 1:9.5 twist barrels. I spoke to a gunsmith at Begara as I am considering one of their rifles and he assures me that a 1:9.5 on their factory rifle will stabilize this bullet no problem, but most of the articles I have read suggest to go with a 1:8.5 or 1:8 twist to stabilize these heavier bullets. Does anyone have some real word experience shooing a 170+ grain bullet out of a 7mm and what their twist rate and results are? Would the 1:9.5 twist be sufficient or will I need to get something like 1:8.5?</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="H82bogey, post: 278765, member: 1372"] So after doing some research, I have made the decision to go with the 7mm caliber. Of course through my research the rabbit hole I have gone down gets deeper and deeper. I would like to shoot a 170-180 grain bullet and see most factory rifles are a 1:9 to 1:9.5 twist barrels. I spoke to a gunsmith at Begara as I am considering one of their rifles and he assures me that a 1:9.5 on their factory rifle will stabilize this bullet no problem, but most of the articles I have read suggest to go with a 1:8.5 or 1:8 twist to stabilize these heavier bullets. Does anyone have some real word experience shooing a 170+ grain bullet out of a 7mm and what their twist rate and results are? Would the 1:9.5 twist be sufficient or will I need to get something like 1:8.5? [/QUOTE]
Verification
What is the most common fish caught on this site?
Post reply
Recent Posts
What are you listening to these days?
Latest: svnmag
Today at 12:26 AM
Gasoline pump prices
Latest: Davy Crockett
Yesterday at 9:11 PM
Scheels Bismarck
Latest: Obi-Wan
Yesterday at 8:36 PM
DUI Attorney
Latest: Obi-Wan
Yesterday at 8:31 PM
J
Mandan Data center pushback
Latest: jer79
Yesterday at 8:29 PM
ESOX
Latest: SDMF
Yesterday at 8:24 PM
NFL News (Vikings)
Latest: eyexer
Yesterday at 6:31 PM
SOLD
2007 Ford Taurus
Latest: Zogman
Yesterday at 5:03 PM
K-Drill Blade Sharpening Gone
Latest: Slappy
Tuesday at 12:02 PM
RAIN!!!!
Latest: KDM
Tuesday at 9:29 AM
Tailrace
Latest: MSA
Tuesday at 8:22 AM
L
Jap Beatles
Latest: LBrandt
Monday at 1:40 PM
N
Soybeans
Latest: ndlongshot
Monday at 1:35 PM
Guys with a Yeti....
Latest: johnr
Monday at 10:30 AM
Left Hand Remington Stocks
Latest: SupressYourself
Monday at 8:41 AM
Banks Stump Feeder
Latest: Shockwave
Saturday at 11:24 PM
FLOCK Cameras...Thoughts
Latest: Jiffy
Saturday at 9:51 PM
L
EHD is back..AGAIN!
Latest: LBrandt
Friday at 6:03 PM
D
Any youth hunter stories?
Latest: dsharp83
Friday at 12:20 PM
Sale
6.5 Creed Barrel - Savage
Latest: SupressYourself
Friday at 8:39 AM
Sale
4 Youth Model rifles
Latest: Lycanthrope
Sep 24, 2026
Friends of NDA
Forums
Hunting
Guns and Ammo
7mm Rem Mag vs 300 Win Mag
Top
Bottom