Garden!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Will have veggies for sale in Aug if anyone will be interested. Wife works in Fargo every week day so can take to Fargo in coolers and You could pickup before her work or after 730 in morning and 430 in afternoon. Could deliver larger amounts in town. PM me for phone number. Have baby red nordland and small sweet onions ready to pick for the grill. Wife takes a lot of veg to the other nurses so its not a problem to take to Fargo Or Kindred or Colfax. Got to try to subsidize some of our gas expense for all the medical trips for treatment. LB

Last edited:

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
So I rototilled and planted the garden on June 11th. Planted sets of 4 tomatoes, 6 green peppers, 6 jalapeños and 4 hills of cucumbers.
We are at 130 cucumbers picked so far. Put poison out this morning as I have another cucumber chewing rodent in the garden.;:;banghead Picked couple dozen jalapenos and the green pepper and tomatoes are doing great.
Planted 32 hills of potatoes but only 19 came up:mad:, guessing I planted some to deep in the loose soil.

Does anyone spray fungicide on their garden, as cucumber plants are very susceptible to white mold, no white mold on mine yet but thinking I should be proactive before it shows up. :;:huh

Also noticed a few bug chew holes on a few plants. Does anyone use bug spray? If so what kind?

BDub

Founding Member
Founding Member
I spray tomatoes and all vine plants with Bonide Revitalize. It is supposed to prevent plant diseases. Look it up. I didn't have any powdery mildew last year after spraying it. Whether or not it's worth it is hard to say because of only used it once. But it came from a valued source. I spray it weekly. I have dealt with tomato blight to many times.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
What do you guys do with zucchini ? I keep trying to make zucchini chips but not much luck getting them crispy. I like them and we have so many that I'd like to come up with a better recipe or method. Fried with spices and parmason and other cheese is all Iv'e tried.

They get so salty when I use table salt them to draw out the moisture, will try season all or something to see if that helps.

Twitch

Founding Member
Founding Member
We like to make pizza or taco boats with them. The wife makes chocolate chip zucchini bread too.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
tomato.jpg

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Still learning how to post a vid on here. I mentioned to my boy that I was watching for a David Bradley 2 wheel tractor and he found a rare one that came with a continental engine. Still need to clean carb on the continental but put a briggs on it to make sure everything else works.
David Bradley.jpg

Last edited:

wslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Zucchini muffins, great during hunting season with a cup of coffee.

Victory

Still learning how to post a vid on here. I mentioned to my boy that I was watching for a David Bradley 2 wheel tractor and he found a rare one that came with a continental engine. Still need to clean carb on the continental but put a briggs on it to make sure everything else works.
David Bradley.jpg
That thing is awesome!

CatDaddy

Founding Member
Founding Member
Sounds like the end of this week will put an end to growing season for many. Not sure I'm ready for 20 degrees yet....

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Sounds like the end of this week will put an end to growing season for many. Not sure I'm ready for 20 degrees yet....

Jack frost nipped ours a couple weeks ago but we had an early crop with so much produce that we were glad it was over with. Chopped it up with the brush cutter and worked it up good and incorporated a bunch of straw. All that's left is the carrots but we will leave them for a while
to sweeten up some more.

wjschmaltz

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Wrapped up year 3 of our garden experiment. Pulled potatoes and beets Sunday. Tomatoes all from greenhouse this evening. Carrots are still riding it out. Full sun every day from May 1st to about July 10th. Thought I was going to have world record crops. Could hardly keep up with watering. It’s rained twice since July 10th. The first time for 28 days then again for about 45 days. Picture of my sunflowers was on July 8th. They never grew another inch. Planted a few sprouts and cauliflower, moose momma and calf took those out right before harvest (never have moose in our yard from May-October). Planted a couple strawberry boxes that gave us a couple lbs of strawberries a week. Moose loved those too. Got charged by the cow chasing them off with rocks but haven’t seen them since. Overall a success. Still waiting on our first frost. Just been rainy and warm. Snow has creeped down to about 3,500 feet now.
E871DFE3-59F3-4CC7-8B7D-D1B24208C9FA.jpeg
DF5DCDB7-E7EF-4472-A106-F7278B3A77D1.jpeg

And we had the biggest fireweed plant I’ve ever seen in our yard. This thing was about 8 feet tall and had about a dozen flowering shoots.
311677A5-412A-4205-A0E9-C89B8EF640FF.jpeg

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 105
  • This month: 99
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 63
  • This month: 57
  • This month: 56
  • This month: 56