guywhotrolls?

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Damn you went and done it......Slot limits ND needs slot limits and a one license deer system. Chicks with #ic+s are not cool

gst

Banned
Founding Member
Founding Member
I would like to thank everyone for the entertainment the last couple days, Zmans last little quip about the bull was adult humor gold even better than his vagina and men in diapers if you can believe that and I don;t know if I can top that maturity level or not so not going to bother trying. Dirty mike has resorted to the F bomb and being a bit vindictive regarding my family in the continual PMs he is sending me and by Ahabs standards it seems I struck a nerve with the home coming queen deal so I apologize, didn;t mean to bring up old disappointments. SDMH, you never really did get up to speed outside of being the set up man for Z so we'll just leave it at that.

Turned out to be a beautiful day after the fog lifted and the snow geese that went over going north this morning went back over going south tonite. She is pretty white and frozen to the north yet. Thought about setting decoys in the corn in the morning but walked out ans sank over my ankles on top of the hills so probably not for this old man. Big old bull moose laying on top of a 8 foot snow bank in the trees, Looked pretty neat sillohetted against the blue sky standing up that high, The sky was almost white with geese behind him cicling the corn, the pair of honkers that nest in a little rock pile for the last 7 years are back I think, the wife found 3 more sheds, looks like our owl is setting on her nest already, waters running like crazy and watched a little girl playing with her dog floating a boat she made down the "river" in the hay yard.

Had to haul out a calf that died last nite in the rain (rained hard for a while) looked like it got stepped on. Just when a fella spouts off about how good it's goin........

Just a few of the simple things in life up here in Antler.

Last edited:

Twitch

Founding Member
Founding Member
I just knew this wasn't a 12 pager about guywhoinventsneatstuff trolling cranks and bottom bouncers after a visit from the sausage waiter fairy......and you guys didn't let me down. This is awesome and neat and stuff

deleted

Founding Member
Founding Member
And the friend is where?

I certainly don't want to get in the middle of this ridiculous fight and how do you decide what is an internet "friend"?

I will say this, I would have Zero problem sitting down and having a glass of whiskey with Gabe. I've been to Antler and pretty sure we looked each other in the eye when we shook hands. If I'd have known he might have just got done milking a bull I might have thought twice about that, but all turned out fine.

Carry on............................

gst

Banned
Founding Member
Founding Member
:) Wish I had me one of those bulls...........a million straws at say $15 a straw......When I was younger, showed a bull in Denver for a place from Texas. That bull had sold over a million $ in semen.

Always a welcome and a whiskey waiting WP.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'd get hammered with GST too, but I wouldn't pass out until securely back in the confines of my safe place.

gst

Banned
Founding Member
Founding Member
You musta heard the story of the friend that had to meet with the game warden early the next morning to show him his deer license he forgot at home that passed out at the bar.

The magic marker stuff washed off eventually.

That was back when I was young and funny though.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Update:

The bags deploy easily and opened beautifully - it's surprising how they rotate/flutter like windsocks on a gusty day - there's obviously very turbulent flow in that area of the keel at idle speed! Who knew? I was expecting nice laminar flow for some reason. They actually "stick out" - even the front edges of the bags nearest the keel don't appear to touch it.

2.5 mph without the bags, 1.5 mph with the bags deployed. Perfect for what I want to do.

shot045.jpg

The Skegosaurus does exactly what I want - full steering capability without applying power to the xi5 prop. But when not in Heading Lock mode it's forward biased meaning the motor wants to rotate toward reverse (the motor is mounted quite far forward on the shaft on an xi5). So I think I have some skeg trimming to do to "balance" the skeg area to be centered on the shaft. Under Heading Lock the active turning motor works to prevent this rotation but that's not optimal for the turning motor/gears and battery usage IMO.

The xi5 - unlike my old Terrova - does not really like being pushed by the main motor. In Heading Lock mode it seems very "darty"... constantly over-adjusting and being quite spazzy - whether the Skegosaurus is installed or not. Is mine wonky or do all xi5s behave this way? This constantly making pretty drastic adjustments behavior is irritating as all get out. It doesn't make them for long so the course stays about on target but good golly is it spazzy.

I calibrated the keel alignment and did the "drive in two circles" thing successfully so I don't think it's a calibration issue?

The xi5 Anchor feature holds really well/tight - but again - holy hyperactive compared to the Terrova - but I suppose this is how it gets the job done so much better.

The Jog feature is going to get a major friggin workout - that feature is made for how I work shorelines whether pitching or slip bobbering. That feature alone was worth the switch. The Gateway system is awesome - full control and info displayed along side or above charts, graphs, fishing camera, etc.

Aside from wonky main motor pushing behavior I am thrilled. I hope to improve that behavior somehow.

WormWiggler

Founding Member
Founding Member
I don't want to read back... Did piggy ever get the stick in the butt?

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
But did you catch more than a buzz?

maybe the nicest limit of crappie I ever caught

caught this one on camera - then caught him (I think it was him anyway)

shot036.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

still waiting for my sponsorship to arrive.

has to be perfected first - Skegosaurus has halted sales until this technical issue is resolved.

Bankruptcy is possible. Investors are bailing left/right. Dog eat dog fishing world.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Maybe you could add some horizontal stabilizers like an airplane's tail has. You could make them adjustable to plane up or down.

Last edited:

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
Is it really that friggin difficult to catch fish?? worm+hook+bobber = fish

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Is it really that friggin difficult to catch fish?? worm+hook+bobber = fish

no - it isn't that hard.

a guy can also head to the range with a single shot .22, a box of .22 rounds, and iron sights. When's the last time that satisfied the wetter? 2nd grade?

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
no - it isn't that hard.

a guy can also head to the range with a single shot .22, a box of .22 rounds, and iron sights. When's the last time that satisfied the wetter? 2nd grade?

They make rifles in .22 LR?! WHY?!

No comparison. Firearms are an investment, only become more valuable with time. Those dozens of AR lowers and hundreds of hi capacity AR mags are going to make me rich some day (especially the Kryptec skull pattern ones). And I certainly don't spend near as much time or money on fancy firearms gadgetry like $900 scopes.

Not to mention, fishing stuff is limited to fishing. I can use a gun for just about anything.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 197
  • This month: 161
  • This month: 148
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 119
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88